Tree of Savior Forum

New gem stats + stat reset potion = High-Dex meta?

what can you suggest a musk use for rifles? red or yellow gem?

To be honest iā€™m lost with numbers.
Iā€™m A2>Q3>Musk1 with STR+300 and DEX+100
As i think iā€™ve readed, should i spend a reset and go with full DEX and Red Gems? Most of time i use runningshot and skills from musketer =/
But iā€™ve readed that in end game, critical are a bad choice. Iā€™m confused with all this numbers xD

@nadzki5
It depends on the circles you chose before musk but if we only consider musk skills, Iā€™d go for red gems

@Henry_Zash
The reason why people put points into Dex instead of str is because thereā€™s just too many ways to improve your physical attack for the same or a better amount than pumping strength, but thatā€™s not true for evasion and critical rate. The only thing youā€™ll lack is block penetration

IIRC, running shotā€™s multiplier is +280ā„… with a GC, so that one will benefit more from red gems.
Snipe is tricky. You may or may not take it into account because it can already hit the cap dmg given enough investment. If youā€™re cheap, red gems would be the best for it
Headshot too will benefit more from red gems but covering fire and penetration shot will get a bit more damage from yellow gems.

Overall, Iā€™d say red gems are better for a QS+Musk

ohā€¦thanks a lot! i would focus only on musk skills when i hit R8, so that i wont need to change weaponsā€¦xD
for covering fire, red gem can only add a little damage compared to yellow gem right?

I was thinking that.
For leveling first levels (without money and items) STR did a good job, but with our HP, i think evasion will be more interesting than STR (investing a bit in con of course)
Thank you very much!

This is all irrelevant because the skill modifier is a T1 modifier and not a T0 modifier. My apologies

Well letā€™s seeā€¦

Covering fireā€™s skill modifier is 150% (the same as penetration shot), so letā€™s replace that 150% in the formula:

red gem - yellow gem
= many thingsā€¦
= 1.5 x (r x skill modifier - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x (r x 1.5 - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x (-0.5 x r)
= - 0.75 x r

Letā€™s remember that r is the average attack a red gem gives you, which, at 10* (a hypothetical case which none of us will ever reach xD) is 290. So the difference in damage between using a yellow gem and a red gem is of 217.5 (rounded down to 217) per hit before taking into account all the enhance attribute modifiers, the missile penalty and whatnot. A more reasonable scenario would be with 6* gems. Then, r would be 120, so the difference is of 90 (covering fire hits 11 times iirc, so the difference is actually 990)

On the other side, headshotā€™s multiplier is 300%, so we have

red gem - yellow gem
= 1.5 x (r x skill modifier - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x (r x 3 - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x r
= 1.5 x 120 (6* red gem) or 1.5 x 290 (10* red gem)
= 180 or 435

and for snipe (400% modifier) :
= 1.5 x (r x 4 - 2 x r)
= 3 x r
= 360 or 870

Now that we see the numbers, it looks like yellow gems are much better regardless of the modifier, because the damage loss for covering fire (which is one of your main damage dealer skills) loses quite a bit more than what you gain on snipe and headshot.

Donā€™t forget. This is considering you crit. If you donā€™t crit, it doesnā€™t matter how high your critical attack is, it is worth naught.

Wellā€¦ I was thinking the same, but then I took a look at the new headgears. They are simply too op for alt leveling. A good headgear can give you up to a bit more than 2k hp, which is more than 25 points into CON. The same goes for STR. Headgears give +100 physical attack each now, so the boost STR gives is really small

Well pretty much yellow will win red if you crit in generalā€¦
Red is more for overall with combination on with base Scaling factor.

Any way if any one max out attributes for snipe and head shot Red will be better for CF assuming you are using Glass moles.

( since phy amp/red max attack will be mod on crit bonus + skill bonus aka 100% ) Glass moles will make it more viable lel. Since 80% additional on that bonus will make it more balance over all :slight_smile:

Headshot and snipe will just cap at 200k per hit ( head shot 2 true multihit 400k).

I completely forgot about glass moles because Iā€™m going for werewolf cards. That could change everything completely. Need to check it, but canā€™t now because Iā€™m at college :confused:

1 Like

No worries cheers.

Glass mole make a hell difficult approach.

Rouges with WW are unable to capitalize on this unless they are switching out for GM.

Well if you are going general WW > definitely Yellow gems gains will be more.

If you are going GM > Red will be more worthwhile.

Well at least IMC give us options now to pick rather than stale dam meta ( most r7-r8 classes spec are viable just depending on how itā€™s build).

P.S Yellow gems + WW are pretty stable, Glass mole down fall is reliant on varnalesa and itā€™s extremely strain on micro management.

Not many of the players would like GM over WW ( itā€™s like the lazy QS build verus ranger 3 LOL.)

Iā€™m not lazy, i am ā€¦ bah

:joy:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@unicorntheshiny
Well, this is going to be long. If you get too dizzy after all the calcs, just jump to the conclusion because itā€™s pretty simple xD

Glass moles add 10% of your current physical attack, so the new formula for them would be (assuming you have 8 10* glass moles):
((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x 1.5

=> red gem - yellow gem

= ((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
((phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 + 3*r)

= ((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
(phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= (r x 1.8 + phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
(phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= r x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + phatk x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + skillatk x skill modifier x 1.5 - defense x skill modifier x 1.5 -
phatk x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + skillatk x skill modifier x 1.5 - defense x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= r x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 x r

= r x (1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3)

So what that final ā€œthingā€ means is that, for red gems to be better than yellow gems, ā€œthatā€ has to be positive which means that we need to find the skill multiplier so that 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 > 0 is true.

= r x (2.7 - 3)
= r x (-0.3)

Which is a negative number, so yellow gems are again better

1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 > 0
<=> 2.7 x skill modifier - 3 > 0
<=> 2.7 x skill modifier > 3
<=> skill modifier > 3/2.7
<=> skill modifier > 112%

TL;DR: With 8 10* glass moles, as long as your skill modifiers are inferior to 112% and your crit rate is 100% (which is something you should be aiming for), youā€™re better off with yellow gems, regardless of your physical attack. In any other case, red gems are better

1 Like

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but isnā€™t the skill modifier calculated after critatk is added and not before?

The way the above is calculated above looks like a T0 or base modifier which comes directly after effective atk. Isnā€™t snipe damage a T1 (or T2 not sure.)? I have little mastery of the formula but wouldnā€™t that mean that yellow gems are better with higher skill modifiers?

1 Like

Ah geez. Youā€™re absolutely right. I confused skill modifier with common modifier O_O

That would make yellow gems better than red gems in pretty much every scenario for archers, given enough crit

how about factoring in GM being only 10secs/cooldown of the sp pot versus yellow being up 100% of the time

how about for head gears? should i go physical atk or crit atk? assuming i have high crit chance.

nvmā€¦phys attk for headgear is optimalā€¦xD

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Alright. I think I did all the necessary edits. The problem with the modifiers was that skill modifiers were one of the multipliers I should have counted as ā€œsome other modifiers we donā€™t care aboutā€ because they affect both of them. Not just red gems. What only affects red gems are, in this case, common multipliers and since the common multipliers for archers arenā€™t really that relevant, I discarded them; making yellow gems much better

Good to know :kissing_smiling_eyes: