Tree of Savior Forum

New gem stats + stat reset potion = High-Dex meta?

With the changes to red gems, it seems that there’s no argument about going high-Dex and slotting red gems on weapons. What I’d like to know is, is this a standard for every Archer build? For what builds would you do high-Dex and no/low Str? Is there any build that is good with high-Str and no/low Dex? The stat reset potion won’t last forever, so it would be good to know the best way to use it before it’s gone.

rogues

20 characters lonnng

High STR + yellow gem/red gem .-.

now yellow gem is better than green?

outside of some super elite earth tower static group of full STR drg+fencer+whatever else etc full DEX with red gems now is far better, already respecd my 285STR 295DEX usualCON to full DEX with usualCON and red gems and the difference is noticeable right away

So I can do something like 0 Str, 50 Con, and the rest in Dex, and I’ll be set, as long as I get high-level gems slotted into my weapons?

Also, someone said yellow gems in primary weapon and red gems in secondary weapon. Is this correct?

As well as wugushi and maybe QS.

how about those builds that comprise of both wugu and SR?
is there a need to balance out str and dex?

main reason you dont mix these 2 classes. But yea, you would need to balance since poison goes off STR and doesnt crit… But SR relies pretty heavily on crit for dmg.

hm im thinking about to put all points in dex with my QS3/Falc3 and socket all 3 slots with yellow gems. What do you think about it?

[BIG EDIT: It was common modifier and not skill modifier. For archers, the only skills that have confirmed common modifiers are

• Full draw
  • Heavy shot
  • Twin arrows
  • Time bomb arrow
  • Stone shot
    Since I judged those are not damage dealing skills, I’ll take the common modifier as if there was none]

I was a bit bored, so I did some math regarding the gems for weapons

On main hand, Yellow gems give x1.5 the value of Red ones. Red gems give +max atk, so in average, Yellow gems give x3. So, at 100% crit rate, we have:

With a red gem
(r + atk) x skill modifier x 1.5 x some other modifiers we don’t care about

With a yellow gem
(atk x skill modifier x 1.5 + 3*r) * some other modifiers we don’t care about

Where r is the average attack a red gem gives you

=> red gem - yellow gem
= (r + atk) x skill modifier x 1.5 x some other modifiers we don’t care about - (atk x skill modifier x 1.5 + 3*r) * some other modifiers we don’t care about
= (r + atk) x skill modifier x 1.5 - (atk x skill modifier x 1.5 + 3 x r)
= (r + atk) x skill modifier x 1.5 - atk x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 x r
= 1.5 x ((r + atk) x skill modifier - atk x skill modifier - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x (r x skill modifier + atk x skill modifier - atk x skill modifier - 2 x r)
= 1.5 x (r x skill modifier - 2 x r)
[NEW]
= 1.5 x (-r)
So, as long as the skill modifier is lower than 200%, yellow gems are better, given a 100% critical chance. It’s not hard at all to factor critical chance on top of that equation too but… it’s boring. Someone else can do it xD
So red gem - yellow gem gives a negative number, which means yellow gems are better given enough critical rate

The math is not my area of expertise at all, what ive heard the last few days from a lot of people was that the yellow gems weren’t factored in before the critical multiplier whereas red gems are, so many people chose red over yellow, either way though to the op question, yes, its time to go heavy dex and dump your green gems.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I know. Let me explain the numbers (or letters in this case lol)

atk = your physical attack + your skill’s attack - the enemy’s defense
skill modifier = a percentual modifier that is applied right after the “atk” is calculated. For example, snipe’s modifier is 400%
1.5 = the modifier for critical hits
some other modifiers we don’t care about = here goes armor resistances/boosts, size penalties for archers, etc

What I wanted to show is that the 1.5 that accounts for the crit modifier is calculated before the boost with yellow gems, unlike with red gems, who make use of that boost just as you said

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Defense doesn’t matter because, as I said, atk = your physical attack + your skill’s attack - the enemy’s defense and this will always be above 0. You have never hit for 1’s as a physical attacker in new content, right?

just finished switching my gems to red, heres an in-game view incase it helps you decide

Just in case you don’t know the new values:

4 Likes

what happened to gloves lol, those values are sad

It’s one set of gems less to invest in lol