Tree of Savior Forum

New gem stats + stat reset potion = High-Dex meta?

I completely forgot about glass moles because I’m going for werewolf cards. That could change everything completely. Need to check it, but can’t now because I’m at college :confused:

1 Like

No worries cheers.

Glass mole make a hell difficult approach.

Rouges with WW are unable to capitalize on this unless they are switching out for GM.

Well if you are going general WW > definitely Yellow gems gains will be more.

If you are going GM > Red will be more worthwhile.

Well at least IMC give us options now to pick rather than stale dam meta ( most r7-r8 classes spec are viable just depending on how it’s build).

P.S Yellow gems + WW are pretty stable, Glass mole down fall is reliant on varnalesa and it’s extremely strain on micro management.

Not many of the players would like GM over WW ( it’s like the lazy QS build verus ranger 3 LOL.)

I’m not lazy, i am … bah

:joy:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@unicorntheshiny
Well, this is going to be long. If you get too dizzy after all the calcs, just jump to the conclusion because it’s pretty simple xD

Glass moles add 10% of your current physical attack, so the new formula for them would be (assuming you have 8 10* glass moles):
((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x 1.5

=> red gem - yellow gem

= ((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
((phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 + 3*r)

= ((r + phatk) x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
(phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= (r x 1.8 + phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 -
(phatk x 1.8 + skillatk - defense) x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= r x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + phatk x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + skillatk x skill modifier x 1.5 - defense x skill modifier x 1.5 -
phatk x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 + skillatk x skill modifier x 1.5 - defense x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3*r

= r x 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 x r

= r x (1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3)

So what that final “thing” means is that, for red gems to be better than yellow gems, “that” has to be positive which means that we need to find the skill multiplier so that 1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 > 0 is true.

= r x (2.7 - 3)
= r x (-0.3)

Which is a negative number, so yellow gems are again better

1.8 x skill modifier x 1.5 - 3 > 0
<=> 2.7 x skill modifier - 3 > 0
<=> 2.7 x skill modifier > 3
<=> skill modifier > 3/2.7
<=> skill modifier > 112%

TL;DR: With 8 10* glass moles, as long as your skill modifiers are inferior to 112% and your crit rate is 100% (which is something you should be aiming for), you’re better off with yellow gems, regardless of your physical attack. In any other case, red gems are better

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the skill modifier calculated after critatk is added and not before?

The way the above is calculated above looks like a T0 or base modifier which comes directly after effective atk. Isn’t snipe damage a T1 (or T2 not sure.)? I have little mastery of the formula but wouldn’t that mean that yellow gems are better with higher skill modifiers?

1 Like

Ah geez. You’re absolutely right. I confused skill modifier with common modifier O_O

That would make yellow gems better than red gems in pretty much every scenario for archers, given enough crit

how about factoring in GM being only 10secs/cooldown of the sp pot versus yellow being up 100% of the time

how about for head gears? should i go physical atk or crit atk? assuming i have high crit chance.

nvm…phys attk for headgear is optimal…xD

Alright. I think I did all the necessary edits. The problem with the modifiers was that skill modifiers were one of the multipliers I should have counted as “some other modifiers we don’t care about” because they affect both of them. Not just red gems. What only affects red gems are, in this case, common multipliers and since the common multipliers for archers aren’t really that relevant, I discarded them; making yellow gems much better

Good to know :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Actually, the only difference for modifiers and multipliers for red and yellow gems are crit damage (1.5x) and attack modifiers (i.e split arrow, glass mole, cloaking, etc).

It’s funny, because for SR’s and other archers with similar skill damage/hit count it was always 1:1 str:dex since the very beginning.

Lul that INT:52 XD. It’s not actually IMC’d since this will be rolled out to kTOS first? Don’t be too hard on IMC bruu :))))