Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

Yeah I won’t be surprised if that is IMC’s real reason why they are changing the drop system. I can imagine them selling x10 drop tomes in the cash shop. More money for IMC…

1 Like

I think the drops will be much harder with the change seeing dpk values now (like 0.00001%) BUT with pure rng we would and will never again see threads complaning about drop system again. There will be threads complaining about rates but it will be less likely to see threads like this one with rng.
Although we have a topdown system it is not clear to the playerbase that its not dpk( IF it is not really pure DPK…, i dont trust IMC words :wink: )

1 Like

It really depends on the drop percentages of new DPK is done though. 800 dpk will be 0.125% chance? It is really hard to debate on RNG vs DPK without knowing what are the actual percentages IMC do after conversion and how it affects the economy and farming experience.

Through implementation in kTest/kToS, IMC will monitor how it is like first before making tweaks to ensure that there is a steady stream of items/materials injected into the economy.

Why not suggest to IMC to implement a hybrid of RNG and DPK system, since they are trying to do that in the first place with their dpk approach over the past drop fixes (which kind of fall short given how our community feedback).

Having item drops converted to something like:

Yellow Caro Antenna
0.1% pure RNG chance to drop, and 1000-1100 map based DPK

Will be really great and it will satisfy both camps that favors either pure RNG or DPK. There will still be a guaranteed drop per 1000 killed which is great for players who prefer long sessions of farming with guaranteed returns. Giving it pure RNG component also allows players to have short bursts of farming hoping for a drop without them feeling forced to have hour long farm sessions due to DPK.

5 Likes

100.000 dpk
0.00001%

2 Likes

I’ve said the same thing before too. RNG is better than the current Top Down method, but we might as well keep the few advantages of DPK.

3 Likes

wouldnt .00001% be like 100k DPK? if the convert it derctly it wouldnt be that low

Good servers didn’t have drop rate multipliers (no bubble gum item), nor real pay to win cash shop. I’m sorry that you’ve played a crappy server. 1x Ragnarok drop rate was totally fine. Full RNG is awesome, 'cause it allows even total newbie / lucky person to get expensive items. Don’t have enough luck? Go buy some rabbit feet. RNG is exciting, unpredictable and therefore rewarded.

And half of this tread participants should go back to elementary school and study some basic math, jeez.

Stop acting like you played RO dude. Even legit servers have x2 drop x2 EXP rate event if the GM wants to.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing for 13 years, all proves are on the net.

Even legit servers have x2 drop x2 EXP rate event if the GM wants to.

And who said there were no events? Yeah, there were exp/drop events from time to time. But how it’s relevant to what you said earlier?

5 Likes

Anything substantial to say?

sigh the neverending argument, well gonna share my opinion, imo the topdown dpk system right now could be better compared to the new drop system in ktest if the drop rate would be something like 0.10%. that would be ridiculous

So kids nowadays consider 0.1% drop rate to be a ridiculous?
I guess gamers became too soft and casual, and that’s the main problem. And I have a perfect solution - don’t play Asian MMORPGs.

2 Likes

Just reduce the DPK of certain items and improve the spawn rate of monsters. Why are we making things complicated? IMC does not even have a competent programmer. Creating a complicated drop system will only introduce new bugs. Most people don’t understand this but materials for high level equipment are not meant to be farmed that easily. IMC makes money by selling TP. The more you grind the more money you make. At least in DPK system you get assured drop rate. These items will eventually end up in the market. Well why not buy it in silver?! It’s not that hard earning enough silver to buy Prac or other materials.

2 Likes

i see lots of salty thaumas in this thread lolol

honestly, the dpk system before was good for farming using thauma. just swell them all up when you’re near the dpk counter, but now its just swell them all and hope the dpk item drops, technically the current dpk works like rng since it is shared accross all channels the difference is just that there will always be a guaranteed drop but this time the farmer cannot manipulate the drop.,

i remember recently there was a drama on shout in varena between 2 players farming dpk materials. the other guy was trying to shut the other guy from his channel thinking he could manipulate dpk just by farming alone in that channel lol. just when people can’t even read the updates poor guy. but anyways his friends got his back and they dominated the drama by spamming shouts lol.

2 Likes

i dont know what your problem is tho. im just sharing my opinion why so hostile? calling someone a kid? dont play asian mmorpgs? dude you aint stopping someone from playing lol

2 Likes

System that create drama and toxic community never be a good system…

10 Likes

And I just shared my advice for those who consider 0.1% drop to be a ridiculous. No offence whatsoever.
But constant whine in this game community is already exceeded all possible levels.

System that create drama and toxic community never be a good system…

Not necessarily. If this game had a GvG, people could turn all that toxic to motivation. Motivation to destroy their enemies, of course. But this game has no competitiveness, so it’s just toxicity for toxicity :frowning:

i know what youre saying about 0.1% drop but thats a dpk item not a card like in RO man. and im not even whining lmao. why do you need to be hostile about something like that? looks like you played too much ToS and got eaten by the game. with that attitude i wouldnt be surprised if you get shot by a gun in the streets goodluck in life.

3 Likes

Ro Basic rates wasn´t bad.
Infact the permanent 2x rates and the p2w droprate increase items destroy the balance of the game.
On the eu Server p2w starts in 2011 before that we got the basic 1x droprates and p2p everything was fine.

In the end with all the droprate increase items and the 2x drop rate the game get to many mvpcard i heard its even worse on iro.

I wouldn´t play 13 years ro without woe.
We need all this drama as motivation to farm for weeks to improve the eq.
Thats why i think tos needs gvg asap…

2 Likes