Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

what are your thoughts about the new drop system in ktest/ktos beautiful salty peoples? Kappa

Let the koreans test it first, maybe there will be wonderful bugs.

2 Likes

inb4 dpk item for every kill LOL

2 Likes

Still slightly concerned as to what the drop percentages will be, now.

Hopefully it’s not so low that it matches the feeling of DPK, but now its completely % so there’s no chance of stealing other people’s hard work.

1 Like

So the chances will still be really low like 0.001% and everyone will continue to complain…

The problem of the top down DPK was the really big numbers not the system itself.

1 Like

Let’s assume we have Group A and Group B farming a drop on a map.

Under the DPK scenario, its entirely possible for Group A to get all of the DPK drops and Group B to get none. This would be due to the fact that Group A just happened to get the DPK drop, and then the counter resets, each time.

Under the % chance scenario, although its possible for one group to get cube drops and the other to not in the same time frame, it’s much less likely to happen. Also, neither group is “stealing” from the other since its just normal probability.

Overall, players will feel much more comfortable with a % chance system since seeing another party won’t discourage them from farming, as the % chance is strictly probability and isn’t a shared countdown.

7 Likes

If they use the % drop rate system, they can adjust pretty well.

As an example, the 315 weapons, you already expend a huge amount of time just to get your hands in a practo, be it from the mystical/unstable cube or selling (I will keep Leticia Cube out of this for now), then, after that, you either will opt for the purple weapon or the orange one according to what will be more benefit to your build.

After that, you still have to farm an enormous amount of material, as an example, Astra Bow requires 52 (or 54 I forgot now) Caro Leaves.

Lv 330 is considered end game now but it will expand soon enough, and even more further into future.

Now the question: Keeping the system as it is now, is it viable?

I don’t think so, I mean, who the heck want to expend months farming mid level gear? How is that a progress?

Even HG gear don’t come easily, now people who want to advance further, still have to deal with gearing since higher levels will (I do hope so) prove more challenging.

I’m not saying to simple make the stuff drop like rain, but heck, we want to progress normally, not grind our arses off, specially on our off-time after a long working/studying day.

Hardcore players will progress faster no matter what is implemented, but casual players will still take longer in counterpart.

I doubt they will do that, I will take Geppetto Leaves as an example, the drop rate is 0,01%, they don’t drop often but don’t take much time (1+ hours) to drop either.

It’s not bad imo, but then again, there are people who feel benefited by the actual system and obvious people who don’t.

I don’t feel any benefit from the actual system tbh with you, I’m not bothering with 315 weapons, unless the ones from the HG that I go farm every now and then, I don’t have a fixed time to play since I work as a freelancer so unstable cube for me is a curse, I try to farm anything that can bring my chars a bit more power, but I play at my pace.

Take note that there are people that play games like it’s their life on the line, Idc what they do to their lives, but I also don’t want to be forced to agree with every single thing a company or a specific group shove in my face.

I want this game to be a success, not another generic MMO. I know, pipe dreams…

1 Like

I was always for full RNG. Full RNG is the best possible system for MMORPG.

10 Likes

need pray, becouse now dpk is trash

lol wut?!?
you clearly don’t know how the system work, nor how math works.

1 - Under the previous DPK system,
If in a given map, there are 2 groups, both with 5 players each, and both with the same kill rate (aka, each group kill 50% of mobs per respawn cicle), both groups have 50% chance to drop a given item.

if there was 3 groups, 33.3% each.

If on the other hand, Group A had higher dps, and so was able to kill 90% of mobs per respawn cicly, obiously it WOULD had higher chance.

I say, would because:

2 -

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=915

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=905

under the new DPK system (aka Top Down DPK)

all itens have a % to drop before it DPK value.

so, if a item have DPK 1000.
You could be a luck guy, and drop 3 itens in a row, with 1/1000 = 0,001 % of droping it.

obviously, you could be unluck, a kill 999 mobs before being able to drop the item.

But look, each time you killed a mob, the chance of droping the item would increase.

so with 499 mobs killed, the chance of droping the item whem killing the 500th, would be 1/(1000-499) = 1/501 = 0,002%
and on the 999th, your chance would be 1/(1000-998) = 1/2 = 0.5 = 50%

the current DPK system guarante, that the item will drop at some point.

The point that people complain about not droping a given item, is related to the current DPK value of said item, not the system.

So, if they remove dpk completely, changing to rng, thing will just be worse, because we will just lose the guarante of drop, as I diubt that the % of some itens will increase.

A item that now have a dpk of 1k, can and problably will have a % of 1/1000 aka 0,001 %, that is low enough that is fair to say that will never drop.

Well done guy, you just put the nail on the coffin

4 Likes

If they dont increase droprates in general it will just be 100x worse than what it is now

Don’t like this change unless they change 500 DPK drops to 1% drops or at least 0.5%
But if they change 500 DPK to 0.2 you’re gonna wish you never complained about that ■■■■

1 Like

That’s a pretty bold statement. Instead of resorting to personal attacks you could have just said “this is how the system works”.

However, it doesn’t really change the point of my post. DPK counter resets when the item is dropped. Even if its top-down percentage, the odds of the item dropping only become better as more monsters are killed, and then resets once the item drops. The reason why people have a problem with the current implementation is because its global/shared and can invalidate the efforts of people farming unless there is nobody else on the map for the drops to be shared to.

Next time you want to make a counterpoint, do just that. Don’t devalue your own post with personal attacks/memes.

5 Likes

Seems like all drops will be % based, but also have DPK on top of them.

That’s my understanding.

So an item might have a 0.5% chance to drop, but also have a 10,000 DPK tied to it.

I hope this is how it is and I wonder why it wasn’t like this from the start.

If it is this way, then there remains the question about what the values are.

2 Likes

It seems to be the exact opposite from what I read

What we have NOW is what you describe
What they seem to do is change it to be completely RNG

Lets predict, they will set it to 0.01% to encourage future leticia Cube buying for Artisan 315 recipe.

No, I don’t think so.

DPK is % based already, but it increases will kills and resets when a drop happens. Which makes it insanely frustrating and pointless because there rarely is 1 person hunting for an item and if DPK is the sole way for that item to drop it sucks when someone else gets it after you’ve farmed for it for hours. It’s still a % chance regardless.

From what this seems to be saying, is that there will be

• A static % drop rate for all items.
  • B a DPK count as well.
    = Both A + B are active at all times.

Both working at the same time. This is not the system we have in place at all. What we have is some items being static % and some items being purely DPK. There hasn’t been a mix of them at all afaik.

2 Likes

What you are describing IS THE CURRENT DROP SYSTEM.

Current drop formula goes like: drop chance (%) = 1/(DPK - #KILLS). Once an item drops, #KILLS resets to 0, that’s it.

So it’s already RNG, but progressive. The feeling of never ever dropping is simply because DPK parameter is set so high, the actual drop chance is too low up to whem we’re on the last 10% interval to reach the DPK parameter.

The new change basically takes out the progressive part of the drop formula, making it static drop chance.

It’s clearly a set back to the current system, so it’s only an improvement if it comes with much higher estatic drop chances. Otherwise it’s our loss.

PS. Just check the DPK interview on news page. I don’t udnerstand why this kinda thing is still being discussed as of now since IMC itself has time and time again stated how the current drop system works.

No they are saying they remove DPK entirely, you can at least get that much from the spaghetti translations no?

Anyways, the scenario you mentioned before is exactly what you describe again.
DPK drops are percentage based already, but they increase in probability with each new kill
You can still get 10 DPK mats in a row if you’re lottery tier lucky, this is what we have RIGHT NOW

Current system is:

around 25 hours to drop 23 Kugheri Swords. Yesterday night I got 4 swords in one hour :confused:

I felt sad for the guys on the other channels :frowning:

1 Like

This is 100% the reason why even if the % is super low it wont bother me. I do follow your same sentiment, but as a RO player low % just means it fell awsm when i got the drop.

On topic:
One thing is for sure, the material for orange weapon cant be set that low when you need 50 of it. That would be very frustrating for some players, at least in my opinion.

4 Likes