Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

I ain’t your dude, bro.

There’s a difference in speculating what the Korean google translated patch notes mean and what I know of the current system. You’re arguing past the points I’ve made and reading too much in between the lines and you keep on baiting.

You gotta stop drinking that koolaid my man.

My dude you said this: "Any change from the current system will make it better"
But you also mentioned that

You said literally that you hope this is how its going to be, when in fact the current system is just that.
How about you drink some coolaid I think your brain needs some sugar to start working right

1 Like

Damn your right he pretty much explained the current drop system lmao

Well I ain’t scared to admit being wrong if you can prove me wrong, but you should drop the childish insults. It’s embarrassing us both. I’m ready to see the proofs.

What proof do you need, IMC already stated this is how it works

Read this and educate yourself

IMC also has a habit of giving out false info and we all know the drop system has been under a lot of miscalculations.

If you blindly believe everything IMC states then you should open the TP shop and spot a Leticia cube that was said never to be introduced to iTOS.

If you blindly believe their DPK system is working as intended I’d like you to have a look at the recent announcements about how well that is working out. Educate yourself:

What it should be != what it actually is.

2 Likes

Whether the system is buggy or IMC is lying has nothing to do with the system being better
That argument makes no sense at all
ANY system they implement can potentially be buggy and they can just be lying

I also don’t wanna prolong this discussion.
1 - I don’t see that sentence as a insult, for me was a fact that I saw.

Sure, you didn’t used the percentage but

I find hard to se a difference between ALL and 100%,

anyway, i need to clarify myself,
yes, it’s possible to group A to get all the drops, under dpk, but so it is, under pure rng

What I was pointing is that you comparison was flawed.
so I pointed what I saw from your math skills

2-

Well, I don’t think that someone is willing to change something for something worse, so, the fact that you want a change of systems, to me sounded like, you were saing that pure rng is better.

If your point is based on what players feel, imc should just give a box everyday to everybody, and said box should give 100 random itens/materials when opened. For sure, gaining free loot would feel very good.

The only way to improve, in my opnion would be, if dpk was character or team based. So in this way, nobody would feel cheated. On the other hand, under this personal DPK, if the dpk continue high, we will be unable to ask friends for help.

That is what the current system encourage

Exactly. DPK is a brilliant idea, it’s just the idea of sharing it that’s completely retarded.

DPK = a random amount of effort involved (like farming in most MMOs) but there’s a guaranteed reward at some point to stop you getting f*cked by RNG / the universe hating you. DPK is like saying, “OK, your rare drop is still going to be hard to farm, but we’ll draw the line here so things don’t get ridiculous. You will definitely get this item if you just keep going.”

When you make it so that ANYONE can snatch what you worked for, it completely undermines your efforts and invalidates the benefits of DPK.

Personal DPK is nice for the player, but IMC either can’t code it or they think its too easy (it is VERY easy on the end user, that’s not always a good thing)

Now it looks like IMC is trying to revert to pure RNG instead, I doubt anyone would want this with the low DPK values, so we can only hope that they will buff the droprates

To be fair, I prefer shared DPK, but in my opnion, the DPK of some itens should be 20%-50% of current value.

So, a item that now have a DPK of 1k, it should be reduced to something like 200 or 500

meanwhile, 160 kills and already a drop! <3 sometimes i love this current system of ours, sometimes i dont (when it doesnt drop after 1k kills LUL)

1 Like

Get ready to be banned!

Jokes aside, that’s very nice luck.

There are no stealing drops from someone else…

You obviously don’t understands neither math or the current drop system. Forget the DPK for a moment.
WE DON’T HAVE A DPK SYSTEM.

We have a topdown system. This system assures the map that a drop will occurs AT LEAST each lets say, 1000 kills.

If they use a pure rng, it will be THE EXACT SAME DROP RATE, without the assured drop after 1000 kills.

Basically, a map could drop items for 2 years before a ‘DPK’ drop occurs if people keep having decent rng. So no one ever steals a drop from you. Never has a drop ever been assured to you. There are no ‘your drop’. and in a pure rng system, a current 1k dpk item monster could killed 1000000 times without a single item drop. The current system just assures ‘A DROP’ will occur to someone. It does not stop you from dropping 2 caro antenna in 2 mobs.

Anyone saying a pure rng system is better have no clue how math works. It reduces your chance of getting an item.

What mostpeople wants but can’t express themselves properly is a better drop rate overall. People want to have their 2 practo weapons in 2 days instead of farming for 2 months. That is why there are so many salt post about ‘the drop system’ in the forum. Just people not understanding how it works and hoping to have it easier to have their 2 practo weapon.

Just ask for an increased drop rate.

But now, buckle up, get a 315 blue, upgrade it to + 10, trans it twice and still breeze through content until you farmed 2 months for your mats.

The ktos new system is completely unclear as of now. Before we have a clear announcement, there is no way to know exactly how it will work. As of now, it seems to state a pure RNG system.

/thread

4 Likes

I’m so glad everything will become rng. The drops will be much more consistent, i know sometimes the bad luck makes you farm more than the average, but in the general, no more thousands of kill and no drop (again, can happens but in average will not). For those that doesn’t believe you can reference to the law of large numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

1 Like

It takes 1000 rolls to flatten out a 50/100.

Howmuch rolls does it takes for a 1/1000 do you think?

SPOILER ALERT : More than the number ofmonsters you will ever kill.

Pure RNG just removes the fal-safe we have currently. Unless they increase the drop rate, it will get harder to drop the current dpk mats. Is it that hard to understand?

People that are advocating percentage based drop didn’t play Ragnarok Online. In RO you can kill a monster 5000 times and waste 1 week of your life but you will still not get the item that you want. At least in DPK system you are assured that the item will drop somewhere.

The problem right now is the high DPK and low spawn rate of monsters. That’s it.

1 Like

Dude, sorry but the Law of Large Numbers means nothing at all to your argument. For the RNG system to become better than the TOP-DOWN DPK one we currently have, the expected value, the drop rate in this case (which you’re arguing will become the assimptotically average given the Law of Large Numbers), has to be low enough so that it becomes lower than current expected drop chance with the progressive RNG system we have as of now.

Once again, sorry to say that but your statistics basis is totally unrelated to the matter here, top-down dpk has better drop rate on average than a pure rng system with similar parameters, period. I agree that the feeling of having your farmign effort “stolen” by someoen else who just waltzed in the map sucks big time, though.

But the best approach would’ve been to lower significantly the DPK parameter to make the drop rate higher in general in the current system. For the new one to be better than what we have, we’ll need much higher drop chances, that’s all.

Let’s use the weapon cubes from HG as example, which currently have a DPK parameter of 20k. If IMC sets the drop chance for those cub equal to 1/20000 (or 0,005%) for example, I can only say good luck and good rage to all farmers once they go on days without a single drop. Current system at least asures us someone will get a single drop the more monster are killed, even if that someone isn’t you per se. Say after 19k mobs killed, chance will be at 0,1%, 500 mobs later 0,2%, 400 mobs more and you have it at an integer at last: 1%.

1 Like

Oh i play ragnarok online and i prefer 1000 times the RO drop system, i.e pure RNG, that the current one. The more hard items to get where the cards, that you need a plenty of time to farm them, but the majority of the other items was easy to farm with the right build.

That’s because you dont know anything about the current system, or you’re too stupid and ignorant to understand it

Wrong, they will be less consistent for the individual player

No, exactly the opposite, pure RNG is a system where there can be thousands of kills and no drop, the current system allows us to have guaranteed drops

3 Likes