Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

Spaghetti translations aside, if they were to remove DPK entirely then it would just state that, no? Not take a round about way of explaining scenarios. Even with google translate you’d think it would just say that clearly.

Either way, any change that steers away from the garbage known as DPK is a welcome addition.

1 Like

Dude you’re just blinded by your hate for the word DPK
Right now its not even real DPK what we have, just a pseudo-rng system
You still have a constant chance of always being able to get a drop, no one can “steal” your drop like it was before

But if you think that getting pure rng is a step up you’re in a world of hurt my dude when IMC won’t buff the droprates

3 Likes

Just when i come to the conclusion that our system is rng almost full rng lol.

In the system now there is no stealing you have a 1/20 000 chance to get the purple weapon cube.
Most of the time the item will drop before the dpk count is reached.
So in the end its a 0,005% chance to get the cube.

Theres no stealing the droprate is just abyssmal low.
Even after the drop the rate is still at 0,005%.

Most ppl stick with their dpk mindset thats more the problem i guess.
Its not like DPK where you can steal it since the item drop only if you reach the killcount.
Now it can drop after 1 or 500 or 15k kills.

Realy?
I didn’t used any insult.

I just stated what I saw in your post.

1 - while is possible to group A get all the drops, they don’t have 100%, as I pointed in my reply. Uunder a pure rng system, group A still can get all the drops.

So, you are not using math correctly, and I saw no clue in your original post that prove me wrong

2- The fact that you say that a pure rng system is better, showed me that you had not a clue on how the current system works.

so, I stand behind what I said

3 Likes

Sadly,
given the current system, and what I see in the OP post, IMC is removing DPK completely to a pure rng system

uhnn

5 Likes

Reasonable hatred towards possibly one of the most retarded drop mechanic introduced in an MMO in the history of video games. I wouldn’t call it blind at all either. Don’t call me dude, bro. I ain’t your dude.

I solemnly believe anything else is better. I don’t want easier, I want better.

From the way you post it might seem like this is your first MMO and you’ve fallen in love with this broken ass drop system.

better that one that guarantee that the item will drop?

the problem it’s not the system, it’s the dpk value of said item
if instead of 1k, it were 500, and 200 it would be way better

Shame I thought you could argue but I guess you’re just a trashcan who can only resort to ad hominem

Fact is that we do not have what you consider DPK right now
This dropsystem is actually not bad for this type of game, and I played MMOs since 1998

Just try to tell me why its bad, your “reasonable” hate only has arguments for the old DPK system not for the current one

Ironic since in the same sentence you say:

I knew from the first post on I was dealing with someone with a mental deficiency.

2 Likes

So you can’t answer my questions, I see.
Also I didnt resort to ad hominem to strengthen my point I was just insulting you while offering an argument, you said nothing at all though

Your posts are nothing but pointless bickering and baiting people into arguments. If I was in favor if DPK, you’d simply argue against it.

I know who you are as well. You’ve posted your webm’s gloating how you go into DPK farming maps with the intent of snagging a drop from someone else farm. I find it hilarious your forum posting is just as bad as your in-game behavior.

You can keep droning and baiting all you like, but there’s nothing left to discuss.

1 Like

Again all ad hominem
Pretty sad

Indeed there is nothing left to discuss though,
we do not have real DPK and the current system is a perfect combination of DPK and RNG, combining the pros of both systems into one
Changing that into pure RNG will just make it worse, unless they buff the values, but they could also just buff the current values and still keep this system. Instead they listen to forumscreechers like you

2 Likes

I agree that the current system is good, it only needs to decrease the kill rates… Pure RNG will be hell.

2 Likes

DPK is bringing the worst from players…If this guy is indeed purposely stealing DPK drops from players, i don’t want to get even near him.

The problem is that players will feel as if their efforts are invalidated by using a system that determines when an item should drop based on a global/shared count system.

Whether or not it is topdown DPK percent, it won’t change the way players feel. Especially if the players are counting the mobs they kill and don’t see a drop. They will safely assume that some other group has gotten their drop(s) and feel discouraged from wanting to continue farming.

If I was farming a 20000 DPK item and killed 18000 mobs without seeing the item and knew that it would drop within 2000 kills, but didn’t see it after 2000 kills, I would ask myself-

• Did I really kill 20000 monsters and not see this item?
  • Did someone else get the drop?
  • When did the counter reset?
  • Should I bother continuing if this can happen again?

Assuming I’m a class that kills 80 mobs a minute (being VERY optimistic here), I’ve wasted over 4 hours of time reducing the count only to not see the item drop, and I may have to waste another 3-4 hours of time just to have a reasonable chance of seeing the item drop… and even then it may be stolen again.

This is how a lot of people feel about the current system and why they dislike it. It’s very discouraging to know that your efforts can be invalidated by someone else getting the drop and the shared counter resetting.

In reality, the average amount of kills done per minute in a HG like 320 HG is probably 24-40, taking into account a decently geared party of people with a Peltasta C2 or C3, as well as time between group pulls and average HP/defenses of each monster, so the amount of time “wasted” can be much higher to get the item into a reasonable drop threshold.

@articusuno

I bolded the insulting bit. Also

Please explain where I said a pure rng system is better than DPK. I simply said that players would feel better with the % chance system instead of the current shared system we have now.

Again, you missed the point of the post. The point of my post was that players are discouraged by a shared system because they feel as if their efforts can be invalidated.

Do I like DPK? Personally, I don’t like it. I prefer a % system with reasonable drop percents, but that’s just because I’m used to % chance from other games.

Did I say % chance is better than DPK? No, I didn’t, but you strawmanned for some reason that I don’t know.

I think DPK can work if its implemented properly. I’ve already explained how I would have implemented it in another topic.

IMC most likely wanted to keep DPK shared to limit the amount of items entering the economy and to make the system feel random. They probably did not expect players to be smart enough to figure out the system. Since the players knew about the system, IMC exposed some more data about the system and confirmed some people’s theories and fears, which is why there was some backlash on the forums about DPK.

Now IMC is changing the system to be % chance. Whether or not the implementation will be better is still unbeknownst to us. In combination with cube fragments for HGs, it could feel much more progressive than top-down DPK in some places. Also, since it isn’t a global/shared value, it will likely encourage players to farm areas despite other players being in the same area and/or on different channels.

I never said Group A would have a 100% chance to obtain the drops. I said, and I guess I need to quote myself

Read carefully. I said it is entirely possible for one group to get all of the drops. In that scenario, and given the top-down DPK system, Group B was basically “helping” Group A get their drops even if they had no intention of doing so. This is why people have a problem with a global/shared system that determines drops.

And then I said

If we assume that both groups are farming at the same speed on different channels, they will encounter cubes at a similar rate over a very large number of kills. The difference is that the % chance system that IMC is proposing isn’t based on some global/shared mechanic so players will, likely, be much more comfortable with it.

You have yet to prove to me that you have good reading comprehension, so I’m going to take a wild guess that you are going to reply to a bunch of points in this post that you disagree with and continue to either strawman or try to make yourself look smart. I won’t waste my time with replies from you any further than this ^o.o^

2 Likes

You can’t “steal” DPK drops in the current system
Educate yourself about how this works

@xinronyr
I agree with your points but not all players dislike the current DPK system
For example I dont have much time to farm for long hours of time so I like to join maps that have multiple players farming on the same map because that guarantees me that the chance of getting a drop is constantly increasing

Also I believe alot of players like celgaming are misinformed as to how the current system even works and they think items can be stolen from others by joining their channels as if the old DPK system was still in place

1 Like

This. It doesn’t encourage team work, just pure griefing. I can understand that guys bias towards in favor of keeping the current system, which is why I mentioned his lovely activity.

2 Likes

Today the system is %, a very low but is %. All people in all chanels can drop itens in a row, the DPK in formula only increase a % chance if no one drops. Let me show you a magic of mathematic, 0,1% is 1/1000 and 1/1000 is 0,1 %, it is the current formula, then we have a rng system.

You just show again how you have no idea about how the current system works, you’re embarrassing yourself my dude

The current system favors having multiple characters farm the same thing, and encourages teamwork quite alot actually