Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

I’d have a 1% chance which builds up to 100% as we killed more and more of those 100 mobs needed to reach full DPK in the top-down dpk system than static 1,5% drop rate in pure RNG, even if i’m “competing” (I see it as cooperating rather with these much better drop rates though).

But yeah, I’d much rather face a 1,5% static drop rate than 500 DPK parameter in top-down system for 315 orange mats as well, no doubt. Similar rates, I’d stil like top-down better, simply because it drops more on average. But if it’s either realy high DPK parameters on top-down system or much higher static drop rates in a pure RNG system, is there even a reason to argue here?

I’d go for higher average drop rates, whichever system it is.

The point is that no channels have an advantage over another. Hence why we say channels don’t matter.

1 Like

Lmao

/200000000000000

1 Like

Just give us a ■■■■■■■ %drop rate already. Loosers!

1 Like

1/1000 equals to 0.1%, not 0.001%.

The basis of your point of view is completely different from the one of the guys you’re discussing with. As @yurichalps said, if you’re comparing 1/1000 topdown DPK with 1.5 RNG, the latter is the obvious winner. But what is winning here is the drop rate, not the system.

On the other side, we are speaking about systems, not rates.

DPK implies you can’t drop an item before the DPK count. Which is not the case here. It’s a full fledge rng drop system with an assured drop map-wipe each X kills. Hence why the term dpk is not good.

And what you wrote is basically that you would prefer have a drop rate of 1.5/100 instead of 1/750ish.

Of course everyone would prefer that. Has nothing to do with the drop system, its the drop rate.

0,001%* Do you even math?

Better get out that calculator. 1/100,000=.00001%

you are saying %, therefore it’s estimated over 100, not over 1. 100% chance of getting 1 item on 100,000 kills.

If it was ,00001% you’d need 10,000,000 to ensure a 100% chance of getting the item.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right. I know, but more zeros draw more attention.

1 Like

How if the current topdown DPK would reset for each channel individually and not for all together, but still accumulating from all channels? Would significantly increase drops, and feel really cooperative.

1 Like

In full RNG system all items are 50% to drop.
It’s whether you drop an item on kill or not. 50%. Any item. I mean it.

Isn’t that what everyone is calling DPK, since its map bound between all channels?
Sure you can pull that RNG drop on your own, but the ‘failsafe’ drop can be ‘stolen’.

Or at least that’s what my memory on how hunting certain items was.

1 Like

The top-down system is designed with cooperation in mind. In reality its competition, due to its rather poor implementation. Each time the droprate becomes reasonable and the item drops, it goes back to the unreasonable values and the cycle continues. Whoever gets the drop wins the round.

1 Like

Yep, totally agreed. I’ve talked about that before here in this very own thread as well:

2 Likes

This is exactly the ‘topdown’ part. But it’s on top of an rng system, instead of being the only rule. The future system will be the exact same rng system, without an assured drop map wide each x kills.

Yeah you just have to magically know who is farming in the other channels and hope they don’t kill faster than you do.

So is anyone going to post some tests from ktos or are we just going to keep arguing about what DPK is?

1 Like

The ktest has 2x drop chance (or halved dpk by old drop system). Maybe a thing that keep me from testing. And mind the ping also.

I still don’t get why people hate the shared drops so much.

If I farm HG 315 and all channels have 0 players but me, it might take me hours to just get one cube.
If there are 3/5 players per channel, my chances of getting cubes will increase.
Sure, sometimes, for a while, I might get nothing while they get more, but it also works the other way around.
The thing is that you want to be 2+ farming together so it goes faster, increasing the drop rates of your own party.
When I farm HG, if I see there’s nobody around, I usually don’t farm for long. I know it won’t be worth my time as much as when we are a handful spread on channels, slaughtering lots of mobs.

This system doesn’t mean someone is stealing your cube. It just means you’re helping each other increasing your chances of getting one.
The only moment when they’re stealing your cube is if you’ve been farming ALL ALONE for like 2h or more with no drops, one arrives, kills a couple of mobs and gets the drop. There, sure, since you’ve been increasing the chances on your own for hours you can be annoyed. But that’s something really rare and unlucky.
And everytime you go on a map to farm, it’s not necessarily a reset map, so you’re actually also benefiting from someone else’s work.
If I farm alone it’ll take me hours before getting a cube. If we are several on channels, I get one every ~20-40 minutes (and some amazing times, you’ll get two in 5 minutes).

I guess all people hating on this system might also be rather paranoid… You take it as if everybody’s an enemy that will steal your drop, when really, you should see them as an ally (or a tool :P) helping you increase your own chances.
That’s how I see it. Which is also why I heal them. They’re all “Thank you, how nice !” but I’m just thinking “Yes, go back to work, my minion”.

My only problem is that outside of some maps, the monsters spawn rates can be pretty ridiculously low, making it too annoying to farm.