Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

But it has nothing to do with how drop occurs. Adding monsters increases your chance wether its a topdown or an rng system…

You are hoping they will incraese the drop rate. And the community thinks its a dpk system. You most likely still do. Until they say the are increasing the drop rates, it means we will have a harder time getting drops after the patch happens. Not that I care since I will have all my mats when it will get implemented.

Test post…

Not sure if I was banned from the forums or if my topic was just deleted lol.

Edit: Can’t tell if my topic still exists or not. I can’t edit the contents.

Not once did i ever say I hope they increase drop rate nor did i insinuate they would. You must have me confused with someone else. At the end of the day RNG is coming and im happy for it.

3 Likes

Your cluelessness is surprising to say the least. Being happy to have a decreased drop chance after complaining that you spent 8 hours in a map without a drop.

That is pure logic. I’m done with this thread. This is hopeless.
At least I’m sure at least a few people got the proper idea of the current drop system and they understand that unless they increase drop rates, we will have a harder time getting our mats.

Yes I’m so clueless that even KToS agrees with me. Go to their forums and go ahead and google translate lol.

3 Likes

Except everyone comparing 1/ (DPK-kill) to 1 /DPK % already failed to makes a fair comparison.

To use the DotA example, here’s a quote:
25% chance to stun the target. On the first attack, however, it only has an ~8.5% probability to bash
(Source: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Random_distribution )

You’ll note, that the calculation here which is very similar to what the top-down method is STARTS OUT AT LOWER ODDS, so that on ‘average’ it will occurs at the same chance.
(It’s not the same since the increases in chance of the DotA system is static while the increases in the 1/DPK-kill) is exponential)

So by simply changing the number over, you’ve already REDUCED THE DROP RATE for the new system.

And unless you have a source that can confirm the new drop rate is indeed just 1/DPK, I think insisting on that sort of conversion just makes you look like you don’t know math, or is trying to makes an argument in your favor by making biased comparison.

1 Like

I never said the drop rates differ on channels, they don’t, what I said was that the kills made on every channel affects the “dpk” count on the map. If a map has 10 channels and an item has a dpk of 1000 then everyone on those 10 channels has a 1/1000 chance to drop the item. Assuming there are 2 people per channel and all of them kill an equal amount of mobs (let’s say 10) then the rate changes to 1/800 for everyone, because it’s map based. So I suppose it may be more accurate to say the people on the channels affect the drop rate (but that’s just semantics imo).

1 Like

As said in PM, this is just a wording difference. We are saying the same thing.

I understand your point, thanks for pointing it out. From my part I didn’t mean to make any assumptions whatsoever, I simply didn’t use 2 different denominators to make it simple to understand (though I gave them different meanings anyway), but yeah it might actually look like I was saying they were the same really when it wan’t even relevant at that moment.

Point is still the same though, for similar drop rates/DPK parameters (as you may have missed, that was what had been discussed prior to my post), top-down wins no matter what.

But yeah, it’s totally possible to make both systems have similar average drop chances as well as making them have differente drop rates in favor of any system as IMC likes, as you’ve pointed out.

EDIT: I actually took the time to re-read my first post you’ve replied to and I was actually quite clear, stating many times what we were comparing: both systems given similar drop rates (as what had been discussed so far in the thread and to which some people were arguing pure RNG would have better results). Not really sure where you picked the issue from anymore, but anyway, your point is valid nonetheless and it is exactly what I argued at the last paragraph and at TL;DR (3)…

Our current drop system is RNG + FAILSAFE
with the update they will remove the failsafe.
If the future pure rng system doesn’t have a higher drop chance then we’ll have another massive whining in the forum
For me the current system’s only problem is the absurdly high dpk count not the droprate system.

2 Likes

DPK was ■■■■.

‘Top down DPK’ (Psuedo RNG) was great and proper.

By the time you’ve killed half the mobs for getting them item your combined drop chance is around 50%, this actually means that if you are killing more you have the higher chance to get it.

Let’s say we have an item with 100 ‘DPK’ in this PsuedoRNG system

Kill 1: 1/100 =1% chance
Kill 2 : 1/99 = 1% chance

Kill 50: 1/50 = 2% chance

Klil 1+2+3…+50 = 50%~ chance

This is not a new system, it is for MMOs (as far as transparency goes, it’s possible another MMO has tried this before) but it is not a new system overall, and it works. What scares people is calling it by something new (DPK, Top Down DPK), which lets people get pissy about something new not working for them.

PsuedoRNG is great under 2-3 conditions.
1)Not everything should be PsuedoRNG, but the numbers they’re sporting are very very bad and need to be looked at again, if I need to farm 57 of an item and the mobs are rare enough that I can kill only about 10/minute, the ‘number to guarantee’ shouldn’t be 500+ for one, especially when considering how many people need it. These numbers must be tweaked
2)I’m all for what most people disliked which is the competition aspect, HOWEVER it shoudl be competition with people I CAN compete with. I can’t lure or KS someone who’s on a different channel. DPK should be channel tied or character tied, and I prefer channel tied as the competition isn’t a bad thing.
3)Anything that’s above 1k DPK should just be changed entirely. The cube parts is a good step there, but there really doesn’t need to be a removal of PsuedoRNG for it to work.

The easiest fix is to rebrand the entire thing, explain it easily to people who don’t get it using charts and such, and tweak the numbers as well as remove any possiblity of "Omg I’ve killed 1K of these and PsuedoRNG should have kicked in at 200, someone on another channel is robbing me!"
Another neat thing that can be done especially in HGs is to announce when another party has joined the HG so the competition can be a little lively.

Edit: Please also keep in mind that with DPK the drop rate on some VERY rare mobs would be equivalent to 0.01% or so, whereas rare in most MMOs is like 0.1% or so 0.2% or so. Big difference.

Currently playing on Ktos to test the new RNG drop system.

3 Likes

let us know how it goes :smiley:

I was actually looking forward to people giving us proper experiences about how it feels after the drop patch. Any info is welcome :grin:

Ya drop 30 lyoni horns and tell us how many kills you needed!

1 Like

I doubt this guy can be trusted considering his 8 hrs for 1 drop bullshit rofl

They said it’s top down DPK system. Now, follow closely because I know you’re slow:

DPK

• Drops
  • Per
  • Kill

They still call it that, go look up the same thing you’ve been quoting in this thread for yourself. The notion “it doesn’t exist” is unfound and frankly a dumb simplification.

They even clarify that when a monster is killed, say, 100 times and their DPK value is 500, then the item has a 1/400 chance of dropping on all channels. Simple. It’s still called DPK though.

It’s random chance that builds up, eventually to a drop.

What you’re not getting is that people dislike this system, because it encourages “kill stealing”, and is a bad system because the drop chances for most items are insanely low (or insanely high DPK) and no one knows what the value is at a given moment for an item, because they do not reset during maintenance anymore.

That is until you get a drop, then you know. You can then leave the channel and come back later and possibly snatch someone elses’ hard work.

Even if you kill 1000 monsters in a row in the current system you aren’t guaranteed anything, because some mongoloid, like you for example, is on channel 3 and got the drop.

Now you have to be a special kind of moron to think this kind of system is good. You can spend 5 hours farming non-stop and get nothing because there are other people in parties with higher kill speeds than you in the other channels who get all the drops.

Yes, it’s RNG.

It’s shitty RNG and I’d rather have a 1.5% chance of an orange mat dropping than what we currently have.

/thread

4 Likes

Just a reminder for the people in this topic to please vote here if you haven’t already

1 Like

it says it right there

The problem with the current system is that anything valuable isn’t 100 DPK. They’re 500 or 1000, some even 10,000.

1000 DPK means 1/1000 chance or 0.001%.
So at 500 kills you/re at 1/500 chance, or 0.002%.

So for 500 kills you’re killing with a 0.001% chance of an item dropping. Not great.

It’s only when you get to the 1/100 values is when you’ll actually have a decent chance to get something, until then your chances are very slim. Then, when it drops (to someone else on the fifth channel), it goes back to being 0.001% for another 500 kills. How is this system good at all?