Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

It could also happen that you get the drop because you’re killing slower, you know, not the same chances, but could happen.

You’re also ignoring that prices will go up without the assured drop every number of kills and with the same drop rates we have now.

1 Like

prices may go up, but I predict more people will be interested in farming drops when it is RNG, so I doubt it will have much of an impact.

There are plenty of people like me who will be interested in farming drops when they view the drop system as more fair.

Yeah i hope they fix it. I’ve been doing testing and every time i exceed the 3kish mark drops just go out the window… for some reason. I’ve been killing thousands and thousands… not to mention “not all mobs drop rare stuff” I’ve done a few thousand of two different mobs together. 7 rare drops by 1 mob type and 0 by the other. Roughly 15k kills or so.

It’s already RNG, it just has a fail safe (absolutely poorly designed).
The moment this will become RNG and IMC will keep the same terrible drop rate it will take days and weeks to see a single drop…

Top-Down DPK is harder than the normal DPK, I think its because the high number of DPK and it’s shared to everyone (so your hard work can get stolen).

So Iam thinking, why they need to change it to the old/normal DPK rather than removing/changing it to not shared and lowing those numbers?. Or this is just the way they wanted us to think that the normal DPK is better so people stop complaining?.

I think they’re simply doing RNG for all drops. DPK wont exist anymore.

Going from this information for the rates, I’ve done some mathematical testing using another program. My tests showed that pure RNG actually improved the number of drop materials for every DPK cycle (that is killing the DPK value). Topdown DPK averaged 1.6-1.7 drops every DPK kills, while the given RNG rates gave an average of 2 (since half DPK or something). It’s not a big improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

To anyone interested in double-checking my tests (as well as have knowledge with MATLAB scripts), PM so I can provide the file.

1 Like

I though topdown would not beat dpk by that much though. So implying it’s a flat x2 on the rate, we will get a good 25ish% drop rate increase over what we ahve currently.

If drop rates get enhanced. My fear is that they’ll just switch to RNG keeping the same rates.

OK ready for some maths?
Say DPK is 1000 on an item:

Current system (hypergeometric probability)
Killing 1000 = guarantee
Killing 500 = 50% CUMULATIVE drop rate

New system (binomial probability) (DPK reduced to 500):
Killing 500 = 63% chance. You can work this out as 1-((1-(1/500))^500)
Killing 1000 = 86.5% chance to get the drop. You can work this out as 1-((1-(1/500))^1000)

At 500 kills, you will have more chance. At 1000 kills you will have less chance as it will never be 100% chance for you to get the drop.

The point at which these two coincide is 800DPK on the old one or 400DPK on the new one, with both being 80% CUMULATIVE chance.

TL;DR You kill 80% of the DPK, you are better off on the old system. If you get it before 80% you are better off on the new system. Most of the time you will be better off on the new system provided they cut DPK by half.

1 Like

That’s a pretty big provision I’m not confident we can trust the devs to make lol.

1 Like

Supposed to have happened on Ktos

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.