Tree of Savior Forum

New Drop System in kTest/kToS

Keep crying out for attention from me after calling me stupid, uneducated, and a baby. It is really cute.

Nope, sorry. You don’t deserve attention.

1 Like

So your answers to the question which undermines all your arguments is:

I dont wanna talk to you waaaah

Thanks for the laughs you guys @remiri @benito

1 Like

Going by experience with the current drop rates I go with option number 2 because option number 1 sucks in the game and has already been proven by many threads.

2 Likes

I think this is still the best way to show current top down versus plain RNG.
Plain rng is a decrase of 15-20% on the drop rates. I can show you the math if you want.

1 Like

You say this without prior knowledge of what the RNG drop rates will be. Why operate under that assumption?

4 Likes

No announcement have been made to say that they will increase the drop rates. That is the assumption I go with.

1 Like

The principle still applies, if your argument is that maybe the dropchance maybe higher for the RNG system then we can just increase the dropchance for this system

1 Like

Just like the people who are saying that full RNG will be a god’s gift

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. Would love to know where these numbers are being generated from.

1 Like

No announcement has been made that they will keep them the same either.

1 Like

These numbers can be substituted with any other numbers
The current values can be changed too in the very system that we have right now

The principle stays exactly the same

1 Like

Basically, what we will have will allow you to kill 10 000 monsters in row on a 0.1% drop rate without having a drop. Which currently can’t happen. Drop rates have nothing to do with this. They could have increased the drop rate with the current system. They did not.

1 Like

From what i understood (in a previous exchange, if I remember well) what they changed on ktest is the system, not the drop rate.

If IMC increase the drop rate there would be no need to change the drop system.
Be it RNG or TOP DOWN DPK, if the chances are good enough it will be fine. However, considering how those two system works, the latter will always give you better chances IF the drp rate is the same.

1 Like

This is a really good way to say it!

1 Like

Another flaw in the current system is that it is linked to the number of channels on any particular map. Not every map has the same number of channels, so why not just make it RNG and spare the nonsense?

How many other MMORPGs use this pants-on-head retarded of a system?

4 Likes

It has nothing do with channels at all
Please tell me where you read that

Yuri: Ah-ha! I almost forgot that this top-down system is all about counting. Well then, is it bound user-wise? Or map-wise?
Y: It’s a secret but… it’s bound map-wise. For example, if there is a monster with 500 DPK on Map Z and User A kills 100 monsters on channel 1 while User B kills 100 monsters on channel 2, both players have a 1/300 chance of an item drop.

Again you’re just disproving your own argument
It clear states that it operates independent of channels, its only based on the map

I question your ability to extract relevant information from english texts.
Did you finish highschool?

It’s a map thing. Has nothing to do with channels. It’s just an example showing that whatever channel you are in have no effect o nyour drop rate. It’s the same everywhere…

It has everything to do with channels. If someone in channel 2 gets the drop, it resets my chances to get it on channel 1.

1 Like