Tree of Savior Forum

[New Defence System] what diference do have armor?

maybe because you made a bold statement in a public forum. If you did not care, you would have ignored the thread.

I personally don’t care if you want to torture yourself by wearing a cafrisun forever, but telling other people that a stat is useless, even though we already experienced the importance of its use suggests that you would like people to believe you… so, to do this, you must present proof :slight_smile:

Ok ill bite you. However before i do that, i need your qualification.

Have you ever been in Sausys room before?
If yes, how much damage do frost lord give on you using frost cloud?

I have not, which is why I am curious about this discussion as I wanted to find valid data about the stat so I know what I should plan on building for the future.

This is why I am giving you a chance to prove your point, but so far all I saw are personal negations and screenshots that actually prove the contrary as those damage you received in your screenshots seem waaayy too high for me. This is why I was asking how much damage you received WITH armors, so that I can compare if it would be worth it.

Because if you could lower the damage from 1k to around 300s, then I would say it would be worth investing in armors as that would be a 70% damage decrease.

But if it only lowered around 10% as thread starter suggests… then sure it won’t be worth it.

I shared my personal experience in my level to show people how much defense helped me as the damage was double without any armors, which is why, IN MY CURRENT LEVEL, I would say it is effective.

Uhuh, so you dont know then. How can i take you seriously if you dont even have basic knowledge of that DG.

I never used the dungeon as basis or reference of my thoughts.

Do you mean to say that, just because a person has less experience than you, you do not have to present valid proof to them as anything you say would be automatically considered true, just because you are more experienced?

The purpose of the thread is to discuss about the topic by sharing personal insights and collected data so everyone reading this would have an idea of what they could do based on what is written. How does your way of telling people “This is the truth because it is said by me, so everyone eff off” help us?

The proof is not the problem but your qualification to judge the said proof. How about gather information first before you spout ignorance? This is also a basic knowledge if you wanna dive in an argument.

I AM gathering information… through this thread.

Which is why I asked you a question, which you won’t even answer. (And how much damage do you receive WITH armors?)

I never judged you. I never said the screenshots were fake or what. I just asked if you could provide a point for comparison. All you did was counter- argue with everyone and not show us any proof of your argument for us to believe you.

You already answered my comments multiple times by now, but all you did was question my credibility, which I do not get the point since I am not proving anything, but just wanted to ask for more proof. Do I need to be credible to ask a question?

All you had to do was show that the damage you receive while wearing a full set of transcended armor was close to the damage you receive without any armor, and you would have already answered my question. I would have even thanked you for the information.

But nooooooooo, the only thing you did was tell me I am not qualified, not credible and force me to believe your statements even without backup.

2 Likes

You really dont have qualification, I didnt said that as an insult but as lesson for you and an information for you to get better.

OK then, thank you. I am well aware of that though since the beginning.

As I said, I just want answers. So as I said in my first question, could you PLEASE show the damage you receive with armors so at least I could compare it to the video I shared here, to see if defensive stats are still worth it on your level, as it is worth it at mine.

Nah im sleepy as fck already, i still have work 5 hours from now. Good night.

Thank you for showing me what type of person you are. I will remember to ignore whatever you say next time so I won’t waste brain cells on an argument that has no point.

P.S. I’m sure forumers are not dumb enough to see you avoided the argument and tried to do everything so you would not need to show any data. Thank you for boosting the credibility of our point.

2 Likes

Lmao I said earlier, this guy and slygoat are totally talking about different things. Slygoat obviously proved that armor does make a difference, in fact it’s rather big.

Meanwhile this guy is trying to say “you can clear any content as long as you chug pots when needed, as long as you can clear content without dying, you can be naked”. Pretty much same thing as “As long as you don’t get hit, you don’t need armor”.

I don’t even…
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

4 Likes

As others informed me before, he is a known troll and will always avoid posting anything of actual value. All he does it spout out anecdotes. I too have fallen for this trap.

Just remember that you can’t argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

1 Like

The old system was retarded because you take 1 dmg or 5000 dmg. The new system is retarded because you never take more than 1k dmg. They should increase the aspd of some monsters to make this a challenge

wasn’t the old system doing big chunks of damage mainly from magic, which 2/3 armor users lack?

At least you have to spend resources to achieve that, this one is given for free without any sweat. If i put my armors on before the rebalance frost lord will only hit 1 damage because he has 4.3k somewhere magic attack whereas my magic defense is 6.4k. This time frost lord only hit 1.5k at max.

Frost lord’s frost cloud is know to wipe teams out. Even if you have 3.5k magic defense youre going to die from 2 successive frost clouds. Right now even if you dont have armors on, it is possible to tank frost clouds.

Right now end game contents are super easy, from challenging to chore.

you never should be hit by one damage, that was retarded, even if u has high trans +20 solmeme armors because the game always must being challenging independent of the gear, and the fact gear makes u a god only make the game into a race of getting gear and in the end the game becomes boring. I totally agree with u the new system has make majority of content trivial, but the old system was stupid, there was no middle point. A good system obviously should reward the hard-effort but the player never should get to the point can stand and tank all the damage. A good mechanic that could be implemented is the ro ignore defense for some items and skills. You probably remember good old ice pick, more defense more damage get the target.

Dear Jynxie, “what difference do have armour”, which is the general topic everyone here is talking about, clearly does not mean what you think it means.

People whine now and then r9 comes with everything balance around the new system and they complain it’s too hard.

Y’all forget how IMC rolls.
R9 is going to go in dry.

For instance people spend money on Trans for gear now.
Then r9 gear comes out, the trans costs go up with it and when you try to use your old trans, you only get back 90% of it from extraction.

So you have less shards than what you put in and the costs have gone up.

Monster damage will probably go up again…

Previous system is indeed retarded but new system is even more retarded. I also agree contents should be challenging regardless of gear. This can be fix by making new patch and updates with new mechanics in DG system/ new field bosses or new type of PVE contents that dont use gears. Give events to those people who were left out or new players to catch up because of new updates then let them grind again.

Before, getting extremely high Magic def or physical are very far fetched for most people they have to spend time in game to achieve this so called god-lvl that makes PVE easier. I think that is common occurrence in any MMORPG that at some point after you manage to get all the BiS or high end gears, PVE will be piece of cake. TOS being like that is no surprise. Again im not defending the previous system all im saying this new damage formula is even more garbage. Right now I dont have any goal anymore because everything is easy. Why do i need to grind for armors again if i could clear them without armors, thats the issue.

1 Like