Tree of Savior Forum

[New Defence System] what diference do have armor?

i ask because i notice that,to have or not have armor don’t care about the damage recived by mobs. just try by yourselves.

i have 1185 P.def with armor and 300 without and the P.damage recived by the mob is the same.

mine changes from 300+ to 100 + damage with 600 pdef difference

They said they wanted to nerf armor efficiency to avoid 1 dmg issue we used to experiment before patch. But yes it’s true, now barely nothing changed between a naked guy and a fully geared char in term of received dmg. I have two +7 and +10 Stage 6 Lolopanther Armor, a +8 315 purple shield and three +100pdef costumes and I take barely the same dmg as my team mates with no transcended/upgraded common/magic 170/220 armors. I feel like I used all the Gem I earned for months for nothing, I guess not everybody can be advantaged with the new changes (I really like most of what they changed except that…). My best advice is to forget on armor and focus on get a better weapon, this might changes, but as everything it needs time to be balanced nicely.

i think that is thwe diference betwqeen the max and the min atack damage of the mob.

Armors dont matter now in PVE. I soloed practo quest naked. You still gonna drink lots of HP pots because you constantly get hit. Damage taken is more like being forced back in the middle, “diminishing return” to lessen the power and defense huge gap.

so… enhacing gear is useless and make u gear more expensive to repair…
jaja nice imc u do it again…

Cafrisun is super viable again in PVE. You can get it when starting the game and until you go to Solmiki. Ill try to get +30 Cafrisun and trade it for solmiki set for PVP. Super cheap to upgrade and repair. Im starting to wonder if the price of Cafrisun will skyrocket to 10m each :thinking:.

Thx to people who wanted this change. I feel like im playing hello kitty online.

Man, your posts are just consistently retarded.

4 Likes

I can test it for you that armors dont matter now. Because you seems like you dont play the game.

It seems you really like the dumb down changes, you get butthurt if youre fed with the truth. Youre that guy using trot to kill things thats why you see Cataphract as “balanced”.

yeah it would be nice to see a video test of the armor differences.

Full plate, AKA +25% strike damage

No armor, AKA no bonus strike damage

If armor doesn’t matter, why am I taking nearly twice as much damage without armor? Shouldn’t I be taking 25% less, since plate armor enhances strike damage? Can you explain this for my simple mind with your advanced degree in MMO mathematics and wizardry?

“I soloed practo quest naked though”

Wow it’s almost like they massively nerfed regular field and quest mobs so that you can easily solo them without gear. Go solo Solmiki naked. Go hunt world bosses. Stop doing easy content and complaining about it being too easy. You can’t say game is too easy in one thread and say world bosses are too hard in another. Not unless you want to tacitly admit you’re an idiot.

16 Likes

well pics above prove that it does matter. So welp, enough typing and show evidences.

make a video if u wanna refute what i say.
and pls dont hide somuch info like you do on your screen shots.

with and without gear. show how much is the max and min damage of the boss/mob
and the level diference pls.

and also do on mob pls becaus bosses have a loot more of damage and def than the mobs.

Why do I need to refute anything? I was doing you a favor by even testing this. You’re making a positive claim with no evidence.

3 Likes

You do know that you can just use pots right away to recover the damage? Meaning, close to being twice the damage you received already proved that armors dont matter. You probably thinking when i said “dont matter” as literally the same damage as you dont have an armor. Never I claimed it was the same as damage when you have an armor or not. It means you can clear any content even if you dont have armor. Thats why armors dont matter. So does stats.

LOL practo quest is an easy content? WTF you smoking? Thats the end game quest line that you needed a party with healer so you could complete it before.

“Before”

Yeah, case in point, your total intellectual dishonesty.

Twice the damage taken = doesn’t matter. Uhuhuh. Enjoy PVP.

1 Like

yea lol, youre trying to dodge a bullet huh, you cant refute so “ill just use ad hominen” so I can save face.

Why would i go naked in PVP? Just because i can clear PVE with being naked doesnt mean ill do it in PVP.

What are you even talking about? The whole point was that they specifically nerfed field and quest mobs a ton because you aren’t meant to need a party or OP gear to do them. Pract quests are no different, they’re just like any other questline. Hell, pract quests were never that difficult to begin with compared to the double centaurus fight or some other quests in lower level maps, and those quests rewarded you with nothing but XP cards. The pract quests really just required some decent magic defense, maybe a barrier scroll. Your whole argument is “oh game so easy now barely take damage” but you’re holding up the easiest parts of the game (quests) as your standard.

2 Likes

That’s the most derp logic I’ve read ina long while.

3 Likes

So what are these “hard part” youre talking about? Mission? is it hard for you? Because that was your example on your screen shot. If i clear mission being naked can I deem it being easy too?