Tree of Savior Forum

New cleric class Exorcist

Both options would work for TP sustain. Krivis would give Divine Might bonus too, and I guess meltsis is more easy to use than statue, but you have to go for 3 ranks. How many seconds waiting for TP cooldown with statue, again?

If cleric2 diev1… Maybe kabba at rank7? Cleric3? A little vague… :confused:

With access to Divine Might + Laima, Transmit Prana will have an uptime of 60 secs with a 64 secs cooldown. 4 secs down time.

Druid1 is a good candidate too for filler class now, good cooldowns + many hits is awesome alongside Sadhu’s TP.

Yeah, so it might work better. So glad that Sadhu (even like being the QS of clerics haha) can possibly end well in a build

1 Like

Rubric, as a damage skill, is now making every other damage skill obsolete, even it’s own brother Acqua Benedicta.

It is unreal the damage it does, the low cooldown it has and also cannot be interrupted (unless knockback I guess).

There is no point of using other damage skills, you can just wait for cooldown, renew buffs in the meantime. They should give more cooldown time, or revert back to be interrupted

1 Like

It puts tears in my eyes seen new Sadhu builds and possibilities :joy:

I remember when only the crazy and masochist would choose Sadhu, cause the skills sucked harder than hard and using them caused the game to crash…

Am! the old days of Sadhu :relieved:

Check out 28mins onwards.

@STAFF_Yuri , @STAFF_Amy Can we have the “on hit interrupt” version of Rubric back? The dps and hit rate can still keep as what it is now. The skill currently out-shadows every other skill due to its uninterruptible nature and its low cooldown.

Having the players to work (use other means like skills) to make Rubric uninterruptible is much more balanced and will encourage players to use other skills they have based on the situation when they know they are likely to be interrupted. Unlike the current version now , nothing can match Rubric.

3 Likes

I assumed they toned the skill down because it was too powerful, and decided as a consolation prize to make it uninterruptible, not the other way around.

I also want to add for consideration: keep it as it is, but give it a higher cooldown, something like 25 or 30 seconds, maybe. Reasons are that, even with the interruption back, you have so many ways to work around and keep on only using Rubric:

• Safety Zone
  • Sterea Trofh
  • Vines
  • Fade + Aukuras or statues to hold aggro

And the fact that you can have all 4 of the options above in the same build might keep Rubric as it is right now in some sort of way, cause you can create a rotation that is supported for only 10 seconds that you have to wait for reuse - you can cast SZ then Rubric, then Chort+Sterea Trofh and Rubric again, another defense then Rubric again… rinse and repeat.

Sure, the interruption will make us have to work around and mind our movements more, but you can still manage to outshine other damage skills as it is right now, you will just give more purpose to the 10 seconds waiting time.

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Yuri

2 Likes

this is my future build, been waiting a long time for a perfect fit on krivi sadhu

you can always use that magic shop24h armor buffs to extend your cleric buffs by 10% :satisfaction:

still i’d rather go melstis way, aukuras adds a decent dmg to multi hit skills and serve as a good taunt, and both divine stigma and zaibas too have some sinergy with t.prana. also, the statues are a pain in the ass to keep casting ¬¬.

Does the Enchanter… enchant(?)… stack with Meltsis, or cooldown statues?

I agree with Krivis3 Sadhu3, I was also planning on this build, but after seeing Rubric in action, it is pointless. The damage and usability of it is throwing every other skill aside. Unless they change it, there is no point of having other damages besides Rubric and eventual Acqua Benedicta. It does what most of other magic skills can, with better damage and better cycle. Krivis3 Sadhu3 would be mainly to keep TP active full time, than actually using its damaging skills. So, 2 classes going full circles for only 1 skill each in therms of real usability.

Bonus: Cooldown statue + Rubric cooldown

it should, but i think it is not working, my current sadhu’s t.prana doens’t get increased when wearing both chest and pants enchantment.

yeah, but doesn’t archers do the same for running shot and whatnot?

i mean, it is great, less skills to worry about for now and just use t.prana,melstis and aukuras, the latter will turn out to be a decent heal as well, so it can make it up for the loss of cleric2-3 or be used ofensively.

prakiti also has its uses as a movement spell and self heal, so there is that.

The errors in the Archer Tree should be an example of what should be avoided. They don’t even know what to do with Quarrel Shooter anymore that his first circle is the only one that has only 3 skills.

I was defending Krivis3 Sadhu3 if you look at a couple of posts above, but after seing Exorcist with new Rubric in action… it just reduced all the excitement in me for theorycrafting with it, cause almost every build will end up doing the same. :frowning:

1 Like

wasnt it nerfed already though?

Thanks for the tips XD.

My preference is Cleric2 Diev1 and Druid1 as the filler class over Cleric1 Krivis3.

Druid1’s Chortasmata and Carnivory is a good replacement for Zaibas damage although they can’t hit fliers. Chortasmata provides a decent amount of heal too.

Laima makes Rubric shine even more, with a 12 second cooldown instead of 15 while under Laima. After channeling Rubric it has 6 secs of cooldown left before it becomes available again to use. Literally the player can just Rubric, reposition a bit, Rubric, rinse and repeat.

The thoughts I had in my head while playing/streaming Exorcists were:

Hmm this Exorcist is like an SR, instead of holding 1 button killing 1-2 monsters at a time… I spend 6-9 secs gathering a bunch of mobs, hold 1 button for a while. Then gather another bunch of mobs do the same button holding again. As none of the other attacks in my arsenal/build is as good as this 1 skill.

They nerfed the damage, but they gave it the same treatment as Possession: can’t be interrupted.

Before it has more damage but could be interrupted.

Cleric1 Krivis3 Sadhu3 Exorcist2

8k MATK - soloing Challenge Mode Stage 5

Interesting things to note:

• Transmit Prana 75s with Meltsis = 100% uptime
  • Possession is eventually more used, I guess because it’s more practical than ABE
  • He only has Rubric and Acqua Benedicta, but you barely see the second one in use
  • I couldn’t see the Aukuras healing tick

He set Aukuras as the damage version (+fire elemental damage).
2 skill rotation (possession, rubric), with some zaibas here and there when they both on cooldown

Wonder should I go with sadhu exo or druid2 exo2 hmm

I will run with Sadhu just because I want the class and Exorcist can be an amazing addition to it. Still deciding about the Krivis path or the “Diev + rank7 filler” path. Both will end up the same I guess, but the first seems the lazy version and the second can give more tools.

But if you look for the whole class build efficiency, I guess Druid2 is the best to pick for Exorcist now, because of everything you can get from these classes, specially Druid2 that adds a lot of tools to the game. The path before them I guess is a matter of preferences, the core of the build will be these two classes combined.

Both skills deal ± the same damage. At C1, Aqua Benedicta is a lot stronger now.

I think it is essential to keep Rubric a low CD skill simply because Clerics usually don’t have low CD magic damage skills (few examples are Effigy and Damballa, can’t come with others cause most have 20 seconds+ CD time, which is already medium tier CD).
While Sadhu/Krivis might not suffer from a longer CD time, a lot of possible Class combinations will suffer.

Also, considering the damage of Rubric, Monks Double Punch level 15 can deal ± the same damage within the same amount of time with a certain DEX investment as a Rank 5 damage skill, because it has no downtime.

The damage of Rubric is thus well-balanced for a Rank 8 skill.
It also doesn’t really synergize well with other skills [except Transmit Prana] in contrast to other skills that can benefit by e.g. Deprotected Zone, strike debuffs, melee buffs/elemental buffs (e.g. Storm Calling + Fanatic Illusion or Conviction + God Smash),etc, so it needs to be strong from a standalone-point of view.

Last but not least, strong holy property skills will benefit the gameflow, as it will become easier to bring down Velcoffer, Kugheri Balzermancer & the Demon Lords.

“Fret not, the Exorcist has come!”