Tree of Savior Forum

Nerf Coursing + Retrieve combo. Nerf/fix hunter in gvg/TBL

Yes, I had one last year. I deleted it to open space for other test class.
And yes, it’s easy to play a c3 class with a lvl 280 store pet. And yes it’s easy to dogrush stuff and lock it with coursing. No skill at all needed.

what skills requires skills by ur logic? o_o

1 Like

Oh look at the man claiming knowledge!

Ask any hunter how easy to play it is, when you must constantly keep track of where your pet is at. how far from your target, keep watching if truly did it bite the target, etc etc.

It is far more complex than “easy” so dismissive, and if you’ve ever played as a hunter how come you don’t know how to counter one?

Anyone with first hand experience will know how to easily exploit the shortcomings of the class so it can’t do jack to them.

Skills that need timing to use, skills that have delay and right moment to use.

Not hunter’s case.

catagoons easy kill my pet and me with one helicopter xD i love when my pet bites otherpets/summons/statues/traps/subzero shield buffed mage/ revenge 7th. but yeah by ur logic we can just go yolo with our skills :<

Bitplease. /20202020

Not sure if hunters themselves would agree with me, only thing I’d ever change on hunters skills is being able to CC the same target during last buff (as in, you can only CC-lock again after the duration is over, so it gives breathing room and makes the hunter need to pay attention in time instead of brainless CC).

As well fix the bug abuse of hunters using /comeon or something else that teleports the character across the screen and/or make retrieve works with an abnormal speed.

I actually would like the damage portion be restored to its full lenght glory. because remember this “CC” is only half of the story. there’s the two most imporant damage sources from hunter hidden behind it.

So, I’d rather the damage portion be restored to its full lenght, separate the CC bit. and have the pet still gnawing at enemies legs when the CC bit wore off in PvP. Because lets face it, the half bit also went ahead and halved the damage.

And about retrieve, it is retrieve > houding, this I like. and I’d like it to be ackowledge as a legit aspect of hunter. why? Because it is so cool to drag someone like scorpion from mortal kombat.

You are probably without Qs1 in your build. That’s sad.
Don’t play with the mouse and your pet will sure hit the right opponent.

hey, im a hunter. Hunters are tricky to use. to be able for hunters to get a lock on you, you probably dont know how hunter works.

Know the enemy first so you can know how to counter them.

Pets are easy to disable, their hp and def is low, easily killed by 1 skill from an r8 char

Hunters are pretty much almost melee since there is a certain range in which the pet will take action. Pet needs to be near the hunter to obey its command and its range is far less that you actually know unless you are a hunter yourself

Hunter’s coursing and retrieve duration are already halved in pvp.

Pet can bug easily and not follow commands and when that happens, hunters waste sp, time and skill cd, animation delays etc, in short, when it fails, theyre open to be hit

Hunters needs to get the proper conditions met before doing any skills otherwise it is wasted. It needs timing, skill and right moment to use as oppose to what you said

I do agree at some point regarding the pet bugs, Hunters like me would like to have a fix for that as well. Some rework is actually welcome.

TLDR;

Make the first move / outsmart the hunter

2 Likes

Well the real problem is hunter have the eternal cc that even halved continue eternally if the user wants so.
Combine with QS and with those “makibishi” u can defend against almost ranged skills.
Combine it with scout rank 1 cloaking and even if u kill the pet 5 seconds later he ressurrects and u cant be detected just apearing to use again.
Combine it with wugushi and even missle hole is useless.
Combine with musketer and damage problem is solved.

On 1x1 or even 2x2 this is unbeatable.
Trust me i have one without transcendence it already destroys anyone on 1x1

Now say to me… this is not a pvp class??
And u guys want crowd control too? 2-3 pets same time to cc entire parties?
Bit plz.

How often do you use your pet in PvP?
Musketeer far surpasses any reason to use the pet to begin with, if there’s no missile hole around.

Also, tell me how easy to use the pet is. I mean seriously.

And, read that post again I’ve never said about more pets for PvP I even said to set a prefered one for it. only one, no more. just the one. more reading please. less claiming being a hunter.

But I’ll have to believe you being a hunter anyways. So, 1 v 1 is indeed a truly advantage to hunter, if, and only if you don’t get one shot killed at the begining of the face off.

Use a hunter 3, and tell me it is for PvP. You’re just working around one of its flaws using a scout. Scout is a PvP marvel.

i see more bug abuses in your post other than actual Hunter mechanics being used.

As a hunter, I despise those bugs that you and others mention. We can only hope players dont abuse it and IMC fixes it

1v1, yeah hunters would have advantage but unbeatable? No, i dont think theyre unbeatable.

2v2, hmmm more chances pet dies instantly, so the whole hunter class becomes useless so unbeatable? the answer is No again.

we do have fun facing Swordsman classes since they need to get into our melee to mid range before doing damage. If they do have some range skills then its who outsmarts the other first.

when facing clerics, we do have our fun as well as we can disable their safet zone by dragging them but thats just it… theyre still hard to deal with same as wizards and all their skills that can make us die in 1 shot unless were totally geared and trans but pet still dies easily so just dont let hunters get a move on you, just like with any other class you are facing, dont let them make their move and outsmart them

1 Like

Man, there addons to improve pets aim system is not perfect of course but it gets very good.
Dont that it personaly im answering in general.
Yeah at rank 7 pet was not so used but with revenge7 missile hole and to not have anyway to counter you pet is the safest option if u got the oponent is 100% certain win if 1 skill and u get this sure. And this against players who have some cc imunity
those who dont pfff easy

Man this u cant deny for pvp a skill rank 3 cant be this over power. Im not beeing salty saying this is top priority but is even with missile hole priority on my view.

Are there such addons? as far as pet targeting goes it is already 1:1 so no fixes are needed since december 26 2016.

Now pathfinding cannot be fixed by an addon being part of the AI itself.

I have to say actually at rank 7 the pet was far more useful than at rank 8 because there was a lot less instant dying than now. It also did not rely on targeting instead of fixed path like a temple shooter attack, it was easier to use back then for pvp. because mouse targeting is so broken I’m saying so.

I do not care about its PvP usefulness to be honest. I’m done with PvP because it is such a giant joke that it can go and crash the server for all I care, it probably has done anyway.

But seriously throwing claims such as hunter being easy? EASY? I’ve been playing since the begining of this. I’ve faced each and everyone of the bugs, the problems. marveled at coursing + retrieve. I know how hard it is to be a hunter, I’ve learned to use it through a lot of rage and tears.

And some guy claims it is an easy class to use?!

1 Like

What bugs?
Cloaking rank 1 only ends when the skill is ready again. Even if pet dies just stay hidden and try again after 5 seconds.
After being taken by the pet what class resists wugushi and musketer skills? Oh but austrine… it only endures at most 20 seconds and your cc grants u to take it longer than that.
Which bugs i used in this “tatic”?over the game cooldown itself.

Sigh… there are hunters that can’t play, and hunters that are top in 5v5 and 2v2.
It’s a matter of items and right build combos, and hunter to break the game.

Or a matter of musketeer or cannoner being able to One shot, it just so happen that they also have hunter as a filler.

Bottom line: make one. and enjoy.

Man start look to it in general hunter is a pvp duel class u will sufer with it in general pve or in massive pvp this is part of any mmo some classes are for pvp others for pve.

Hunter a pvp easy class for sure. At least for now this is a fact not opinion.

Sure, that’s why growling is so amazing at PvP making everyone freeze in place as soon as they come near the pet.

It is not designed as a PvP class. it just so happen that it can PvP under very specific scenarios, that require the pet to not die, and someone very ignorant on how to face a hunter.

It is. primarily as a PvE support. You cannot deny that, there wasn’t even PvP when hunter was made.