Tree of Savior Forum

Nerf Coursing + Retrieve combo. Nerf/fix hunter in gvg/TBL

The only problem there is with that infinite cc, is that the pet is invulnerable once he get someone in snatching/coursing, you can only kill the pet before he get to you (only for wiz/archer) but even that doesn’t help much since they auto revive after 5s (or so). Once one of your ally is snatched your only way to help is to kill hunter to cc him long enough to fail his cc again.

Hopefully there is almost no hunter with full pvp build playing the game so it’s not much a problem to kill one. (at least in NA)

Edit :

from HUNTERS! do's/dont's/tips AI suggestion changes

Not sure if it was fixed since then thought, like the other things said in the post which is a bit old now.

The same could be said to Sages pressing a single skill button, Dievs becoming invicible for most of the match and inquisitors opening their books to the Archer’s demise due to their abysmal base HP.

Even if what I said a bit above was in a more humorous way, I do agree that Hunter requires some quality changes, a measure of counter playing it. Something like applying hard CC such as stun/knockback/knockdown would make the pet stop channeling their lv10 suppression.

There is a simple and very easy way to counter a Hunter, though restricted to your build. If you have a burst class in your build you can easily one shot their pet and making them completely useless. Whenever I duel a Musketeer friend of mine, he always headshot my pet down to 0 HP, and I just stand there with nothing to do.

There’s no counterplay for Ausrine aside from running away until the duration expires, for example.

1 Like

LOL I play against these two hunters almost every day and is not that easy to counter the OP pet, one of then just wait in hide the pet catch the target and the other one put pavise+caltrops -> send the pet and wait
Anyways the only nerf the hunter pet need is the cooldown of coursing and retrieve start when the skill end and not when just use it.

I am not giving excuses to deny the fact that the class is borderline, I’m simply sharing some info I know, as a Hunter 3 myself. As should’ve known by now, this is not getting fixed any time soon.

Here’s another one. You have to be in the pet’s line of sight for it to target you, not on the Hunter’s sight, pets are normally slow at repositioning (unless they get mounted first) which can cause them to put their skills on CD.

Please people
When advocating for these measures make it very clear that you want it be done only in the PvP side of things. in PvE how things behave for a hunter should not be touched unless they plan an overhaul that would change everything

Thank you very much. BTW killing a pet with 10K of hp every 5 seconds is not impossible, specially with the low def values pets have, just do not walk over the pet, it will trigger the skill…

1 Like

:popcorn:

1 Like

hard cc and miko counters ausrine, but yes is too strong.
ausrine with hit count like MH please! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d certainly exchange some of its PvP perks for more viability versus ground bosses :smiley:

I’d like the CC be separated from the damage, that way you could always deal damage to bosses. It would also probably make canceling the CC but not the needed damage all that much better.

Whole ‘nother can o’ worms.

1 Like

and then buff sadhu!

1 Like

No, sadhu too stronk

A Cleric countering another cleric 🤷

See despite not me telling there are players who know how to counter hunters. Because rather than complaining they used their heads or made hunter themselves to know how it actually works.
Healer complaining about hunters goes by same logic as fletchers complaining about healers or kino complaining about murm.
There is a counter for everything. You just have to use your head a bit.
For example, every missile skill using archer complains on Missile Hole.
But if properly done SR3 can break through that although still difficult.
Same goes for healers. Use something which you have, to deal with hunters. It will be difficult but its not like its impossible.

Personally, revenged sevenfold + ausrine is still hard to deal with when you’re a hunter, why? because 7/10 there’s an inquisitor behind all that defense.

So, letting him loose is dangerous, keeping him under CC is dangerous thanks to revenged seven taking away 3/4 of my HP. But despite it all. It has always been cute to watch them cower inside their safety zone. Retrieve goo!! so much amusement. But I’m sitll fleshy so I die rather quickly.

3 Likes

I am a full con build with little to no dmg outside of rush dog and sonic strike.
So as long as i am careful not using any high dmg skill, i can remove all the r7x from opponent by myself and still my HP will be over 80%.
Downside of this build, the usual counter against hunters. When ganged up on me, there is nothing i can do like when everyone in party died and i am all alone vs 3 or 4 or 5 players.

Heh it might seem OP but it’s just another line in the long long list of bugs and unbalanced mechanics in PVP.

I suggest you quit doing PVP in this game.

1 Like

Straw man fallacy at its finest by some users, I give cookie.

1 Like

I didn’t want to go full con because even though I’m a support. I was feeling way too useless through my walk during rank 4~7. when rank 8 was released and I saw what falconer had in store for me I shed a single tear.

Then I remember that my hunter still outdamages my falconer side.

Anyway, this video

Bad pathfinding

https://youtu.be/g73za_-m75M

That behaviour happens as much in PvE as in PvP and it is infuriating.

1 Like

Ah… probably a low lodge level casual tossing crap all over my thread.
Buddy, I don’t care if hunter skills can’t hit bosses currently. If this class is ■■■■ it needs a rework. But for now, back to thread, Hunters need a nerf on the 100% up time cc inside TBL/GVG, and pets have to stay dead if they die.
In TBL you face tons of bugs that happens after the round ends like:
Falconer’s pet killing someone in enemy base before the match begining;
The drawback damage of Bokor’s Mackangdal killing the bokor in the count down of the next round, and letting the bokor dead in the round this happens;
Hunter Coursing buging and stacking debuffs before the round starts making you character stay under the cc debuff even if there is no pet around. Freezing your character for the entire round.
Cryomancer’s Snowrolling tossing your character away from the arena in a black screen.

And there are many skills/combos that can hold a character in the pvp with no counterplay (i’m not talking about rank 2 cc). Some needs time for preparation and player skill to do it right:

Ironhook (corsair), 9 seconds duration. 25cd

Bwa Kayiman + Lycanthropy. (bokor +druid), 10s seconds duration , 10 cd.

Magnetic force + Rise (psycho), 3 seconds + 10 seconds duration. 25 cd, 50 cd.

And some are dumb like Coursing + Retreive (can’t use potions under cc):

Coursing 2 charges + Retreive 2 charges (hunter c2), 25s + 25s + 9s + 9s duration. 9 cd, 10 cd.
Virtually endless cc, since the duration is higher than its cooldown.
Plus chance of bugging enemies by stacking the debuff.
Needs nerf. Needs fix.

IMC, if you are lazy to fix hunters. Please consider adding monster cards that can proc sleep / stun / stone curse when you get physical damage.
Or add a cc freedom skill / trinket in the game.