Tree of Savior Forum

[NEEDED] Skill System: Select level of skill

As we are in a phase to do lots of studies on skill/stat builds, we see that we need to test and rework the way the play the game.
Therefore, I’ve encountered this current situation on my Archer build (Arc2Quarrel3Reiter), when I made many and many resets and change the lv of the skill I used: I would want to be able to upgrade my skill (ex: Oblique Shot) to lv10, but be able to use lv1 (or any other) when I want to save SP for crowd control.
The same goes for the Full Charge attribute, I want to be able to select how long of a push I want to make, not simply “on or off”.

Thanks as simple as it goes, no need for a long text. Just add “-” and “+”, or “<” “>” on the skill window, and a bar on the attributes, so you can select it better. Also, its important that different level skills may be used both on different hotkeys at the same time.

Thanks for reading this. Please like the thread if you agree. :grin:

15 Likes

Why the heck you want to select skill level? Theres no skills with different effects on levels like in RO, so its pretty pointless.

Did you read more than just the title? He clearly explains why he wants the feature.

I fully support this feature.

1 Like

Less SP cost. 20chars

1 Like

And less dps, still think its useless, but oh well.

There are different build necessities where you may just need some skill at lv1. On the archer case (don’t know how well informed you are on this), the SPT necessity has made many people go for SPR builds. But with less SPR points but more on DEX/STR you can still spam the lv1 skill and made same damage as the lv10 skill without those points.

Its about diversity of the gameplay. Currently I can use Stone Shot and Oblique freely at lv1 but on PvP for example it would be inefective.

Thanks for the fast interaction, guys! :smile:

1 Like

It really depends. If you are starting out the class you might need the higher level of said skill to deal more damage, but as you advance, your damage increases, and because of the attributes, the damage you dealt with the skill at levels 10 before, you can now deal the same with it at level 1(imaginary situation pleasu).

So yeah, less damage, but you can have more fun, and maybe you just want a quick CC to get you out of trouble. Many strategic uses for this depending on what skill. Specially for archer that looks kinda broken :octopus:

Exactly. You also made me remember another reason: I may want to go to lower level monsters for any kind of different reasons (farming itens, collectables, achievements, etc).

So, lets say my build was not fucosed on SPR, but I would want to increase my skill-spaming potential, while doesnt matter if lv1 or lv10, I would overkill the lowlv anyway. Thats also another scenario where this would be needed.

Also, I upgraded my FullCharge “push” to lv5, but most of the times I think the optimal distance to push would be on lv3, but now I can only choose between On(Lv5), that pushes the monster out of my screen, or lv1(Off), where it doesnt have a very good gameplay effect of the push.

1 Like

I totally support this !!
But not every class will need this

This is a JOKE
:sweat:

@STAFF_Shawn, @STAFF_J, @STAFF_Marikim
This is a great idea. Please think about it.

Im sorry, could you elaborate why you didnt like it?

Every skill that has this kind of progression needs this option. I don’t know if every build NEED this option as much as archers, but having the freedom to choose to is important.

I agree with this. Being able to choose lower levels of skills to reduce the SP cost when you just don’t need that much damage to farm is incredibly important for sustaining SP pool when farming. The damage of a lot of skills does not scale well enough to justify the SP cost either.

Oblique Shot Lv1 Attack: 102, SP Cost: 10
Oblique Shot Lv10 Attack: 329, SP Cost: 29

At first glance, it looks like Lv10 is slightly more efficient, Lv1 (10.2 damage per SP) and Lv10 (11.3 damage per SP), but once you take into account your weapon damage, let’s suppose even that you’re low level with a 2-star bow and your Weapon Damage is around 80. Now Lv1 is 182 damage (18.2 damage per SP) and Lv10 is 409 damage (14.1 damage per SP).

The increased SP cost for this ability in particular is too high. It would actually benefit almost all archers to only put 1 point into Oblique shot because it becomes much less efficient as you put points in it.

Exactly. I actually did this one both for Oblique Shot, Stone Shot (quarrel), and also for Full Charge you’re using lv1 ability when you put lv7 just for the insta-cast.
That plus an SPR build makes it more cost effective to spam lv1.

But remember that you are taking “damage/sp” into account, but in pvp (or any squishy situation) you have to take “damage/time” too, so you would also need the max lv skills. And right now the only way for that is paying 5 iCoins for a reset.

what the heck make ur own game ahahahahah or go back to ro1

so why u lvl it to 10 if u really dont want its max lvl people today r so demanding

+1 SUPPORT.

I mean. Come on it makes for interesting playstyle.

You can either go for Low SP cost & Reduced Damage
or High SP cost + High Damage.

I think it’d be very handy!

I agree with you Rizzou with level selection skill we can make SP cost effective better

and for someone don’t know what SP cost effect this is sample

A monster HP = 1500
Skill level1 = 500 Damage 20sp
Skill level15 = 1000 Damage 80sp

with select level skill you can use only level1+level15 to monster rather than use level15 twist that save you 60sp for use other skill

but by the way some skill in this game can use only one time and go on cooldown that make skill selection can use less is situalation

Especially with the overkill system it would be a great feature to try to get them. Use a lower lvl skill to bring a mob to 1% HP in one shot and use your max skill to overkill it. At the moment the overkill feature is basically only useful in the 20 first lvls when mobs have so little hp that any spell/ability overkill them.

Later on most mobs are simply too tanky. You either one shot them with a powerful ability (but not powerful enough to deal 2x their hp thus not overkilling them) or you need to bring them down low hp with auto attacks then use an ability, with autohits being utterly useless (especially for wiz and archers) trying to get an overkill consumes way too much time to be worth the effort. Having the choice of which lvl to use would make the overkill system a bit less obsolete in higher lvls.