Tree of Savior Forum

My very own feedback

Hello.
I wasn’t testing the game for long, started on 1st November, by making a friend giving me his steam account. Than luckily getting my own key, on the 6th November, yey!
So, here’s some feedback.

The music-art combo is great, making awesome atmosphere. 10/10.

As for the gameplay, it’s a bit buggy. Well, of course, I blame me having 160-350 ping a part of problem, coz I’m from Russia, but most things are unrelated to ping.

Mouse support.

Is incomplete.
Also message about how mouse control is not feasible for swordsman and clerics didn’t make sense for me. How is it not feasible? How am I going to use things like Hoplite’s Long Stride w/o mouse anyway?

First issue with mouse - is click through on menu selection. It goes for some NPC dialogues, which I didn’t remember, tbh, but the most noticeable thing is Backspace (return to quest npc) menu. If there are several NPCs to return to - there’ll be a menu, and you can’t select anything with the mouse, unless menu pops up on unworkable terrain - you’ll interrupt the return cast right away, coz you’ll start running to the clicked spot.

Second issue is not entirely about mouse. It’s about animation skipping for faster basic attacks. Sure, it can be done on other control methods too. On mouse you just hold you mouse to start attacking the enemy and than drag it to ground to start moving alone with attacking, successfully skipping attack animation and doing higher dps than just swinging.
The mechanics itself is sick, I never liked it, it’s ugly, this hole leads to exploits, so I’m reporting it.

Third issue is loot and npc/monster interaction sizes. It’s very hard to click on a mob sometimes, sometimes it’s hard to click on a mob you need with a mouse, rarely you want to see what’s the loot, but you can’t, coz of NPCs.
The interaction size needs to be smaller.

Next one is about 'Tab’ing. It seems to only select mobs in the direction character is facing. But if I’m running away from a crowd and in need to select the one with low hp, Tab doesn’t help me. That’s a big let down.

Another one is just some kind of injustice. Why is Lock-target function disabled for mouse? It would make previouse issue not so annoying.

Also the thing, that if your character started attacking after you clicked mob, it’s kind of locked to only attacking. It annoyed me, that my swordsman didn’t properly react to Block button, once it’s in that ‘attack lock’. I had to spam Z instead of clicking, if I wanted to block things in time.

Mouse-control suggestions.

I’d like swordsman to just be able to swing in a direction of mouse, if I click left mouse button. And to block&look in a direction of right mouse button click/hold.
Though, the way you are facing doesn’t affect the blocking, does it? That’s a bit let down.

As of skill use + mouse control. It felt clunky. On my archer, I tried to use Heavy Shot fast on different targets. It failed. Result was shotting 1st mob 2times, 2nd - 0 times, 3rd - once. It seems, I needed to wait, until target is not only have it’s name poped up, under mouse, but also have the target circle to be placed under it. That’s way too slow.

PS. I want the ability to change the binds hardly… T__T
PPS. As overall suggestion about control - can we have a Stop-casting bind?

Party creation and friend registration.

The party creation is very laggy and hardly works, as for friends, I couldn’t add any.
But I’m sure, you are aware of it, right?

Bugs

• If you are interrupted(like Knocked Back) during animation of ‘instant’ cast skill (like Aspersion), your character will skill try to cast that skill after it stand up. Please get rid of this.
  • Statues of Goddess and Collections NPS ineracts with me only after talking to them second time. On the first time, the menu closes instantly.
  • If you unckeck/check sharing of quest in your quest menu, during some kind of scene, your quest won’t progress until you relog. Situation:
    Quest after defeating Gesti in Tenet Chapel, about teleporting with Seal of space and reading a tablet. If you mess with sharing during reading - you’ll get the bug.
  • Skill bars disappearing, if you were sitting. Happens if your party started a scene.
  • Camera lock not being released after scene. Сonditions are unknown. Happened to me several times in a party. Affects the whole party. Had to relog.
  • Info about recipes being dropped is not recorded in Adventure Journal.
  • If monster tries to retreat and goes near NPC, it’ll be stuck near it in a invulnerable state.
  • Boss Chafer doing nothing, 90% of time.

Classes

Well, it’s hard to tell, since I was testing only rather low level classes (<65 lvl, 3rd job rank), but Cleric and Swordsman felt ahead of others.
Part of it is due to animation skipping.
But having splash damage on basic attacks as well as having ability to jump and attack constantly dodging non-aoe attacks was very strong.
Also count in access to different time of damage (Slash & Strike, +Pierce for swordsman) to deal with enemy weaknesses, by just swapping to needed weapon.
Tbh, I missed that aspect very much (weapon changing), it’s missing in most other MMOs. Also later on in the game, it’ll become harder, due to weapon cost, won’t it?

As for Archers… well, it’s balance, that c2archer>hunter is not so good in splash damage, but, it felt very unpleasant to not being able to use any skills in a Kneeling Shot state.
No shots? Not even hunter skills?
Also, at my ping or may be because of mouse-control_sticking_to_target-thing respond on standing up was clunky as well, so it was faster to just jump up. But you can’t jump to some direction from kneeling, only up on the same spot. Once making it, I had an idea - how about rolling out from kneeling state in a desired direction? Would be cool-looking.
Pet is… strange. It sometimes deal 1 damage, sometimes crit like a truck. It can be the case for the same monster. So, yes, strange. You could give us some more info on out pets.
Also, kneeling and standing up animation could be faster…

Wizards.
Fine, I guess? I don’t feel like criticizing them. They feel solid.

Swordsman.
As I said, hurray to weapon swapping. Great cleave, easy aoe grinding on those low levels. Strong HP scaling, may be a bit too strong.
I’d like to not be able to block with my ass, though.
Also, I’m concerned about physical classes vs dodged in PvP, but that’s a different story.

Cleric.
I thought about it, while playing other classes too, but on Cleric it became clear.
I’d like a faster way to turn on/off attributes.
That’s obviously for healing skill’s attack/non-attack, coz for others it’s not so crucial.
I’d like to have any of two options:

• Ability to creat macro and place it on a skill bar, like:

//set Heal_Remove_Damage 1
//cast Heal

• Be able to bind toggle of certain attributes.

Suggestion:
Attribute for placing Safety Zone at distance with increase of CD.

As for other abilities…
Monstrance’s placement is a bit unpredictable. I’d like it to be more precise. It’s kind of hard to land.

Now, for some uncategorised feedback:

• The .IPF error is annoying. I didn’t edit ANY of game files at all. Seriously, can you fix it asap, pls?
  • Having no account-wide bank or mail system is uncomfortable.
  • I’m very concerned about PvP, and hope there’ll be more announcements about it, and hopefully tests.
  • I’d like to hear more announcements overall, if that won’t disturb you
  • Is that the only official account on the forum or not?
  • I do agree with complains about exp penalty for higher lvl mobs here
  • Yesterday, I was questing with a friend in Tenet Chapel, and we one shotted 2 quest bosses: on Tenet Chapel and Tenet Chapel B1. I didn’t pay attention and blamed the pet, but friend said they were level 1.

That’s all for today. Thx for reading.

Long stride is that jumping skill right? Yu can use it even w/o a mouse. Just make sure your character is targeting a monster. Your char will automatically adjust the cast range and jumps to that monster.

I also have the IPF error yesterday as well. Plus the client is so slow for me. It takes a while to load between screen at times. Plus the lag lol. Don’t even get me started how bad the lag can be in certain channels.