Tree of Savior Forum

My FPS on 5 different systems

Its been awhile, Ive tested TOS on a few different system now, and i thought id share my findings with the community.

Macbook Pro mid 2014:
(boot camp windows 10)
Everything either disabled or on low
screen resolution 1920x1080
FPS: 12-30 fps
Average FPS: 20 ish

Razer Blade 14 2013:
(windows 10 pro)
Everything on high
Screen resolution: 1600x900
Fps: 26-35
Average: Obo 30 in uncrowded areas

Custom Desktop:
(windows 7 home prem)
i7 4790k 16 gb ddr 3 ram gtx titan black
Everything on high
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Fps: 18-60 fps
Average fps: 36

Razer Edge Pro
(windows 8.1)
Did not have the patience to measure the Fps through my many stuttering issues
Basically unplayable (might be because of Msata issues)

Asus g75vx
(i7 3630qm 12gb ddr 3 ram gtx 670mx 1TB SSD)
Everything on high
FPS: 12-35 ish
Average: 30 ish

Try to put -dx11 in launch option.
Also untick the steam ingame display.

Does this improve FPS? Also I heard around the forum that this game barely even touches on the GPU of most systems and is mostly cpu heavy

For me, it’s improve a lot.
Never get below 20FPS again.

ah, well tbh im going to most likely be using the desktop or the razer blade 14 so its not a major issue for me :slight_smile: the only time i have major dips is when there are a lotta people on screen (good grind area) or in Kalp, and even then the FPS is alright, not great (because it doesn’t seem to be using my OP gpus…)

Ya, the game is bad optimization, plus steam alot of issue.
They need a while i think

Hahaha, Yep.

I love this game’s mechanics thus far, the graphics are nice, however I hate all the lag, server drops, not being able to complete certain missions, etc.

Hopefully in the upcoming months the optimization will be improved and the missions will be fixed…

I’m ok with lag, bug etc.
But i really hate those changes about trade system, token is holding too much freedom.

3 Likes

I total agree mate, the trading really pisses me off as i sometimes get a piece of gear that my friend can use and we cant trade :frowning:

Hey, to to launch the game with dx11? thanks in advanced

Google it, how to use launch option in steam

… perhaps it’s time to get a computer that’s decent instead of 5 different computers

I’m sitting at 50 fps in crowded areas (towns, in front of popular dungeons) and 150 fps in empty zones.

Wow mate wtf oO i had to make some changes in the game files to run with 120 in field zones at most if the game dont drop in fps for no reasons lol :confused:

Lol, a gtx 970 is quite decent if you ask me and this game runs like utter ■■■■ on it. Theres no ■■■■■■■ excuse like “thats your pc, lol, buy a decent pc lel feg lel” … i can run all current games with constant 60fps at 1080p and yet TOS i cant.

120 fps in empty zones, 60 fps in city with a core i5 and a AMD 7850 on Windows 10. It’s not a big gamer configuration, and do the job well.

i5 6600K , 8GM ram, Nvidia 970, windows 10.
Stable 60fps. At some points it falls at 25 for a second and then back up to 60 after around an hour of gaming.
The game has optimization issues.

1 Like

Well i got my game to run with over 100 fps at most and out of nowhere it drops to around 30 and then back up again really sucks then you try and aoe xD

To clear that myth up about the game being more CPU intensive than GPU… it’s not. That is some bs statement some computer illiterate kid made up. All video games rely more on GPU power than CPU. The only thing a strong CPU does is decrease loading times. That’s literally it. The GPU handles all the textures, shaders and objects and whatnot.

The game runs on directx 9 and also from a top down view which means field of view or draw distance doesn’t exist. The absence of a draw distance means literally anyone with a craptop can play this game.

It’s just an optimization issue with the FPS and stutters at the moment which will likely be patched sooner or later in the future.

980ti user here. I get close to 300fps on empty or small maps, and on others with tons of monsters or lots of players on screen like in town, my fps can drop to 40+. On average I hover around 100±. Game is just poorly optimized.

I take it youve never played Advanced Civ on the PC if you say that. To give an example. Or any Civ game for that matter. It isnt the GPU thats making those AI turns take so long.

Games use both the CPU and GPU, and depending on the game use one more then the other. Most games require more from the GPU, but nowhere near all games. Some are way more CPU intensive.