Tree of Savior Forum

My feels about TP compensation in an ugly comic

1. You can’t sell the tokens you get from packs so not either we or them can sell it. You have to buy it with tp in the tp shop in order to get a tradeable version.

2. Bot and anyone who OWNS a token in their INVENTORY or are using one 30 day token are eligible to get the compensation, that means that bots and everyone is buying all the tokens from the market to get the compensation.

As I said before FREE means that you don’t have to PAY for it, paying for it IS NOT playing for it, since we’re all here to play and we have fun doing so. That’s also the meaning of FREE TO PLAY.

So, yes, it’s being given away for free since no one will actually need to PAY for it. You’ll get premium in-game money without affecting your REAL economy. (sorry for the highlights but they’re useful)

You’re not getting it, those items, TP items (except the token) are “exclusive” (or were) as any other game the company advertise it as something you can only get with real money, that’s why people work hard to get them since there’s no way to buy them without spending real money. If I had the option to get them in-game I wouldn’t have paid for it, understand?[quote=“tzxazrael, post:37, topic:281674”]
you just keep on crying and whining because you didn’t bother to buy up all the tokens when they were cheap as hell and now it’s too late.
[/quote]

Wrong, I didn’t need to buy tokens since I bought 2 expensive packs to get them, and I’m not being compensated for them since one expired yesterday and other one is a 60 day token (if you don’t understand this read the news and rules of the compensation again).

And I could buy tokens right now and get the compensation, but since I already spent around 100€ on the TP I had, It’s pointless. As I said in another answer, if I could give back what I got and get my money back I would totally do it and just buy a couple of tokens and get what I got again.

Yes, people who paid astronomical prices for something that’s being given away for free (the TP) (free = not real money involved) got cheated. [quote=“tzxazrael, post:37, topic:281674”]
what the hell would bots do with costumes anyway? they would just buy more tokens to sell.
[/quote]

You’re not thinking about the big picture, or even my ugly comic, bots are not buying costumes, bots are getting free advertising (infinite megaphones), they will also control the hair costume market since they will buy tons of enchant scrolls and make the best hair costumes in the game and sell them at whatever price they want, they’ll have it easier now to lvl up too and control more zones of the game (did you know that there are already lvl 200+ bots?) since they can get infinite boost of exp, and of course companies are not stupid, they’ll save some tp to get the new items that will arrive to the TP shop.

This might sound as an exaggeration, but remember how many days they have/had to grind and make silver (compensation will come in 7 days), how else they can sell silver, so they have A LOT of money, and they can buy A LOT of tokens (people is rushing and selling as much as they can) and get A LOT of tp as a compensation, multiply it for the number of accounts they have, understand now?

1 Like

Why waste all of two minutes drawing 7 panels when you can sum it up in one?

1 Like

You need to think bigger. Not everyone sold tokens, as I said before, you can’t sell the tokens you get in the package, it’s untradeable, you have to buy the one that’s in the TP shop with TP = real money.

What is happening in the game is not about the tokens, it’s about getting TP for free. Again Free = not real money involved, like “Free to play” get it?

They’re giving away something that they sold for a big price days earlier, that’s a rip off, I don’t care if free to play players get some TP (as I said in another answer I’m aswell right now a free to play player and ok, I won’t get mad if they give me free TP) What I care about is the money a lot of us (and a lot of money) spent in something that is being given away for free (TP and with TP you can buy TP items).

If you’re giving everyone free TP without any limit but your in-game money (you can buy as many tokens as you want and get as many packs of 99 TP as you want aswell) then give me my money back and let me get it for free as everyone, why selling it to me then? They’re calling us stupid in our faces.

Lol so close minded, think about the big picture, it’s not the tokens but the TP, and why people think that just because I spent money on TP I don’t have as many silver, hours played and in-game effort as anyone? I don’t want to repeat stuff I already explained, if you want to give an adult opinion read the entire post, don’t be lazy.

uh, yes you can. any of the 30d tokens can be sold -once- and then it becomes untradeable, including the 30d tokens from the founders’ packs.
this is also why the bots DO NOT BUY tokens – they could not sell them again later. they would waste all their 99TP refunds re-buying tokens, to sell them for less than the currently inflated tokens are priced at.

15d token and 60d tokens are just trash for the bots. they also do not count for the 99TP refund.

throwing money at something is not the only way to “pay” for it.

lol, they’re taking away your “status symbols” ?
get real. the people who have hoarded tokens are mostly just going to buy more tokens to sell again.

you have no idea what you’re talking about.
“enchant scrolls” are a gamble. botters don’t gamble.
botters also don’t keep tokens laying around.
ok they might for the next week, but they do not have big stockpiles of tokens they have collected, because that would be useless to them. once a token is purchased, it is no longer tradeable, and what’s a bot going to do with a token?
botters buy trash items, like kepa stems and whatever, to transfer their silver. those are actually more valuable to botters, because at least they can make 1-2 silver each by vendoring them after buying them.

giving -you- an adult opinion hardly seems to be worth it anymore.

2 Likes

Sigh* [quote=“tzxazrael, post:45, topic:281674”]
this is also why the bots DO NOT BUY tokens – they could not sell them again later. they would waste all their 99TP refunds re-buying tokens
[/quote]

They won’t buy tokens. They’re buying them right now to get the TP. As everyone else.

What does this even means? Lol, started with the insults when there is no more arguments to say…

There’s no way to finish the neverending hate from the free players to the ones who spend money in games.

Rofl wtf…Status? xDDD come on, exclusive as something you can only get doing a certain sacrifice. Status lol…[quote=“tzxazrael, post:45, topic:281674”]
what’s a bot going to do with a token?
[/quote]

Get 99 TP for example? Lol. They don’t need to sell it to get the TP in 7 days…

Insulting someone because you don’t have any more arguments is not from an adult either.

2 Likes

i’m gonna spend 2m silver to buy something i can’t sell
…so i can get another one of the same that i can sell
…which will be only worth 1m silver at best.
i’m a financial genius!

they sure as hell aren’t going to buy the beginner or veteran packs, which include a lot of stuff they need to pay for that they can’t use.

that’s exactly what a status symbol is. “look at me, i have done [this thing], see my rewards!”

no, i’m insulting you because i’m getting bored of arguing with your childish fantasies.

1 Like

They’re compensating the end users of those tokens because they’re the ones actually affected by the change.
If they costed less TP to begin with, there would have been a ton more of those, and they would have been priced accordingly. In other words, you wouldn’t have got as much silvers per token sold. If people whining actually bothered doing some math, they could have seen how even a 380 TP pack would have bought up to 4 tokens (due to the free TP) instead of the single one you can get with the old price. Token prices in markets would have obviously ended up being dramatically cheaper compared to now.
And that’s why people who sold tokens don’t deserve any compensation - the price they sold tokens at already had a direct correlation with the token tp price at that time.

What could be up for discussion is the form of the compensation, at most. Indeed, for people that have bought them with silvers, having the duration of their tokens doubled or receiving additional tokens could be more suitable. Whereas people that bought and used them (or didn’t sell them yet) definitely should get a TP compensation. That is, assuming they’ve got data to determine who did the former and/or the latter.

But that’s all there is to it. Aside from the form that said compensation will take, there isn’t much else to discuss. They’re compensating exactly who deserves to be compensated, like it or not.

1 Like

Tokens are 600k - 800k here, I would buy it if that gives me TP instead of spending 30€ in the same amount of TP. If I have 8m in silver and I can buy tons of tokens (TP) with that what would I spend real money on it? Duh.

I bought the TP to get the exp books to lvl up faster my characters, the scrolls to get good stats from my hats, soul crystals, since I started as a noob cleric, a pair of costumes, because as a girl I get crazy about cute stuff, the megaphones to sell my stuff and buy other stuff, you can also buy warp scrolls so you don’t have to find a statue in a remote place to teleport and you can also buy a quick repair box so you can stay hours grinding…

Would you brag about using a megaphone, repairing your gear, reviving, having a book, teleporting and enchanting stuff? Well that’s for sure an status I should feel proud of.

If there is a reward and a status I can get for buying those then tell me because I had no idea, how dumb of me buying those just to improve my gaming experience.

What fantasy? I just posted a comic showing how unfair is for someone who worked hard to buy something expensive in a game and then the game slapped her in the face making it free…

Someone wise wrote “trying to reasoning with most people about this compensation is just pointless.
As soon as people get free stuff most turn their brain off, only to turn it on when someone threat to take those free stuff away.”

I’m done with you, enjoy your TP, no one will take it away, just let the scamed ones show their feelings at least, since there’s nothing else we can do.

1 Like

With that reason, they should compensate only the players who got a token before the date of the announcement.

If they costed less TP to begin with, people who bought expensive packs of TP could have got more stuff with it, also the packs maybe could have been cheaper.

Again, think about the big picture, think about the TP not the tokens.[quote=“Don_Falce, post:48, topic:281674”]
What could be up for discussion is the form of the compensation, at most. Indeed, for people that have bought them with silvers, having the duration of their tokens doubled or receiving additional tokens could be more suitable.
[/quote]

Agree, if they used them before the date of the announcement.

Kind of agree, but why giving TP to someone who used silver to get it?

And not agree, I’m not being compensated for the real money I spent for example, since I bought and used my token, and it expired yesterday, funny. And I’m not getting compensation for the 60 day I have now.

I might decide to buy a couple tokens now to get the TP, or saying it honestly, I’m buying 99 TP with 600k silver. Because the people that’s buying tokens right now are not victims of the “suddenly” change of the token price, but just taking a chance to geta lot of free TP (free = no real money involved)

Why should they? Until the price changes, the price is still the same. Even the market price isn’t getting cheaper - if anything, they’re even more costly now.

Define “more stuff”. Cause if by “more stuff” you mean more tokens to sell, those same tokens wouldn’t have got the same value they’ve got now, and you would have got far less silvers in doing so. Even if you would have sold a single token and used the rest of the tp in something else, the market would have changed due to the actions of other people. It’s naive to think otherwise.

Token price is the only thing that’s getting changed, though. There isn’t much else about it.

That they were used or not isn’t relevant. Even if they have paid for them in TP and just kept them in their inventory, they still paid the old full price for it. If they bought them with silvers, they still paid the market price of the old tp price, and even more now that prices are raising (because of the higher demand, due of the compensation).

In that paragraph, when i talked about people who bought them, i meant the one that bought them via TP.
I would assume they’ve got no way to differentiate the origin of those tokens, and thus they’ve got to give all of them the same compensation. In this case, they’ve chosen TP.

As far as i’ve understood, they’re still compensating even for the ones that have expired, as long as there will be a token active when they’ll do it. Albeit, that could indeed be a misunderstanding. Indeed, they should compensate the expired ones as well, if they were originally bought with TP.
The other types of tokens aren’t getting compensated because they weren’t bought with TP anyway, simply put.

Likewise, people that are selling them are taking a chance to see their profits increase by playing unto the increased demand. I mean, they could as well not sell them and just get the compensation for themselves, right? And yet they do it anyway, probably because tokens will decrease in price later, so they’re trying to cash out while they still can.
Nothing wrong with that, it’s just how the free market works. As a wise girl once said

1 Like

Why people think we only buy TP with real money to get tokens? Lol. I’m tired of this, no one will take your TP away so arguing here is pointless, I just wanted to express how unfair it is.

Yeah whatever, hate me because I worked to buy something you’ll get for free, totally hope this happens to you and the other trolls one day, then you’ll understand that’s not a nice thing to do.

Stupid people thinking we’re rich, and because we spend money we deserve to be punished, the same mentality a thief has.

Because that’s the only thing that’s having their tp cost changed. If you bought only other things, the change doesn’t affect you in the slightest, as you wouldn’t have been compensated either way.

Guess you weren’t aware of it, but that’s a quote from a rather nice single player game where you manage a shop and hire adventurers to get items to resale from dungeons (it’s called Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale). It seemed especially fitting, judging from the situation.

Anyway, i just can’t understand the rage. You aren’t getting punished, you just aren’t getting compensated for something you don’t deserve to be compensated to begin with. Nothing wrong with that.
As i said above, you may argue about the terms of the compensation, at most. But that’s all.

1 Like

In simple words:

How IMC see it: We’re lowering the token price, let’s compensate the ones who bought it at 198TP

How players see it (but some just won’t accept it): FREE TP!

fine, so spend 600-800k on it, buy a new token with the tp, and sell that token for 400-500k later.
still not financially sound planning.

“think about the big picture… but only look at half of the picture.”

it’s kind of irrelevant what you bought with your TP.
if you bought the costumes, and they said “the costumes were overpriced and now we’re refunding the difference” it would be the same thing.

that is a great game, with really cute characters.

Stupidity reigns supreme in these compensation threads.

It’s obvious to anyone with half a working brain that the compensation fails hard, because it doesnt compensate those its ment to compensate (according to IMC), which is those that spend real life money, or TP to buy tokens.

Why even have the compensation at all then, it makes no sense.

Personally I’ve not bought any tokens at all, whether with silver or TP. But since my brain is still atleast half working, I still place big question marks at the decision to compensate in this manner.

2 Likes

This has been explained again and again by now. The compensation is as a result of the TP prices on tokens dropping. According to pure logic, that means the target of the compensation should be those that spend TP in the first place.

Yet it does not compensate those. It compensates those that don’t deserve to be compensated to begin with.

Are you feigning ignorance because it benefits you, or because you really still dont get it?

It affects ALL TP items, as having tokens now allows someone to earn TP. Someone that did not spend a $, can purchase hundreds of $'s worth of cash shop items.

1 Like

no, these are the people who are -complaining-.

to compensate the OWNERS of tokens, who are now losing half the cash value of their tokens.
those who -had- tokens and CHOSE to sell them received what they considered a fair compensation for the value of their token.

if they didn’t feel they were getting a fair deal at the time, why did they bother selling it?

1 Like

People who got tokens and sold them did it at a silver price that suited their old TP cost. You can’t ignore the effect of such a change on the market. They bought them at 198 TP, but they also got the same worth in silvers when they sold it. And you say they should even be compensated on top of that? Your pure logic makes, essentially, no sense.
What changed is how much a token is worth, both in TP and in silvers (due to the different market conditions that would have applied if it had a different cost to start with). Thus they correctly compensate whoever used them or still have them. Not people who already profited from their old TP price.

Oh well, that’s just your (wrong) opinion.

The change doesn’t affect anything but tokens.
The compensation, indeed, has the effect you speak of. Because they decided to give TP instead of something else as compensation.
And as i said above, the form the compensation should take can certainly be argued. People who bought tokens with TP and used them or still have them in their inventory should surely be compensated with TP, whereas people who bought theirs via silvers could have a different compensation (like a token - that would make them able to recoup some silvers at the new - theoretically lower - market prices, or having the duration of the ones they already used doubled). Dunno why they decided to simply gave TP to anyone.

1 Like