Tree of Savior Forum

My Corsair TOS build for ICBT2.. any thoughts?

I think the only real problem I found was the random skill point invested into Iron Hook. If he’s not going to try opening higher level locks a lot, he could also invest into Keel Hauling instead. Since it is possible to make it to be able to make your targets bleed, and the bleed damage is decided on the character’s STR. The target is also pulled multiple times and not once, and is hurt each time.

I suggest (But doesn’t need to happen), is to change Embowel to Helm Chopper. Helm Chopper has a lower cool down, deals more damage, and also can stun the enemy target if possible. The stun is also somewhat more useful than just kicking away the target a short distance.

1 Like

thanks bro.
I updated my skills tree now. :imp:

Jolly Roger only 1, since it is 16sec CD only that last 30sec.

or rather this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/b51onnfdcv/

:grin:

You really need to drop Gung Ho and the 10pts in thrust for restrain(5/5), pain barrier(5/10 or 10/10), Pommel Beat (5/5), and thrust (5/10).

Restrain has a 45s buff that gives you a 20% chance to stun enemies on hit. The trait for it slows enemies for 3s per attribute level after the stun. A REALLY nice personal buff. must have.

Pain Barrier is a personal buff that lets you resist knock-(downs/backs) and staggers, of which bosses seem to love doing. So this’ll keep you on your toes fighting when others are on their backs.

Pommel Beat I can’t speak for, but it seems to be a better 5pt investment than thrust. If anything I’d reinvest it into Pain Barrier if you don’t want it.

Personally, I can’t speak as to which you should max for Barb (Cleave vs. Helm Chopper), But imo, Helm Chopper on paper seems better.

And as for Corsair, the last 5points in Dust Devil vs Unlock Chest is a personal pref. I guess.

Upgrading Jolly Roger only increases it’s SP cost and duration. Not it’s ATK bonus. It’s duration is already longer than the ability’s cool down as well. You can keep it at Level 1 and you should be fine unless you actually want the duration longer.

After taking away both of the points in Jolly Roger, you can put the last two remaining points into Keel Hauling.

I actually think the best you can do is probably something like this:

Bash will allow you to Knock Down people when possible. As a DPS guy, you’ll probably be focused on with CC, or rather be weak to Knock Back/Down and Staggers. That’ll cripple your damage output by a lot. So Pain Barrier at least Level 2 for 16 seconds duration is good.

Concentrate is more important than Gung Ho since it adds damage per hit, and Gung Ho reduces your defense which will only make it easier to kill you since you’re not exactly going to have a lot of defenses or health. Pain Barrier and Bash might save you earlier on.

Pommel Beat deals a considerable amount of damage to Small-Medium sized targets, and they don’t need to be fainted for it to use the partially ignoring defense thing.

Cleave increases Crit Rate, so good. Helm Chopper stuns the enemy, and Cleave deals more damage to stunned targets. Frenzy synergizes with Concentrate very well.

Build should be completed now with my above build.

Doesn’t bash need a shield? If not, yeah, Bash would be a great pickup.

Bash doesn’t need a shield.

It requires no stance as long as you have a weapon equipped. Even the ability icon shows a weapon “slash” instead of some kind of “bash”.

Then why not this?

Restrain has a 45s buff that gives you a 20% chance to stun enemies on hit. The trait for it slows enemies for 3s per attribute level after the stun. A REALLY nice personal buff. must have.

Pain Barrier is a personal buff that lets you resist knock-(downs/backs) and staggers, of which bosses seem to love doing. So this’ll keep you on your toes fighting when others are on their backs.

Pommel Beat I can’t speak for, but it seems to be a better 5pt investment than getting 10/10 on thrust.

You only need 1pt in Bash, as you just need the utility for the knock-down.

As for corsair, Not too sure how the Unlock Chest Mechanic works(Is there any other way to unlock them? Or is a Corsairs skill the only way?) If there’s another way, i’d ditch maxing it, and look into maxing either Keel-Hauling or Dust Devil.

If you want to focus more on Dmg, then it’s up to you whether you want 10/10 keel-hauling or 10/10 Dust Devil.

You need Level 3 Bash for the Knockdown to work. It says Required Skill Level is 3.

Restrain lowers your health a lot, and Pommel Beat is going to be mainly for defeating common Small-Medium sized targets when grinding. Thrust also needs to be high up since it’s going to be your main damage output in between abilities, not your main damage ability. You need it until you get Double Weapon Assault in Corsair C2.

You generally should only need 16 seconds of Pain Barrier, any more would just be too unnecessary. You can spend whatever points is left into other things.

You don’t want Restrain because of the fact that you’re most likely not going to invest a lot into CON and won’t be wearing high defense equipment. Grabbing Restrain is something of the more tankier classes usually grab.
Or either from multiple enemies at once. You can’t stun/knockdown them all anyway.

You only need Level 5 Keel Hauling at max since it’s bleed perk stops leveling once Keel Hauling reaches 5.

Unlock Chest is pretty decent to start trying to grab chests in end-game to get those really good items that are better than the leveled items for max level.

Thanks for this man,I will consider this build except only on Concentration. Gung-ho is +35 damage in 110seconds / minus 7 Defense, rather than +19 attacks in 19hits over 45 seconds

Is it true that buff limits is only 7? (Except on daino buff).

Buff Limit is five (As far as I know), but the limit can be increased by a support.

I guess I can count down on your buffs.

Frenzy is a stacking buff, and only counts as one buff no matter how many stacks it has.
Gung Ho is one buff.
Cleave is one buff.
War Cry is a buff.
Double Weapon Assault counts as a buff.

That is five.

i saw this video, 7 buffs then it will be replaced by another.

If you’re wondering why the guy in the video can get 7 buffs.

1 Like

Thanks. See you around mister Fencer. :smiling_imp:

I just want to share some of my opinions really and ask for feedback at the same time :grin:

Here is the build I’m running at right now

In defense of Gung Ho, I think the reduction to def is very insignificant later on the game, though, the addition in attack will be the same (I have to test its attribute first before I take it), I prefer this than Concentrate because Corsair has a high attack speed, and the limit on the numbers of attack in Concentrate really concern me.

As for Restrain, it is almost the same thing with Gung Ho, later on the game, the 287 less health will be insignificant as well, since on the video I saw, HP of some char range from 5k-12k depending on build. So, I would prefer to have the change to stun with that little setback.

I left Pain Barrier at lvl 1 since I will rarely use it anyway (mostly on bosses and pvp, i guess). And its not like boss knocks you everytime, their knockback still has CD as well, you just have to time your Pain Barrier properly.

Unlock Chest is pretty shady but I read somewhere that on the current contents, most of the chest you will find will be lvl 2 only. So, I chose lvl 3 Unlock Chest to be safe. :laughing: I’ll put much more points later if I found chest that I cannot open since I really love loots!

And about stats ? Str = Dex or 2Str:1Dex ?

Gung Ho + Concentrate is viable for lvl up ?

And somebody knows what Jolly Rogers attribute that requires lv2 do ?

what bout this :slight_smile:

@danilot777, for stat, it is up to your preference, if you want better attack power, you can add more STR, if you want more dodge and crit, you need DEX. Try to balance it out, as of now, I am running 1STR:2DEX and I dont have any issue with dodge and is crit is quite ok. Also, you might want to consider CON for HP. Just to share, at lvl 51, my HP is 3.5k+ with only 9 CON which is the default for Swordsman and I am using Leather armors, so no HP buff from Plate (which you can also consider).

By the way, as an update for Gung Ho, I decided to drop it and change to Concertrate. I just tested out its attribute to enhance it, and it does add 1 damage and 1 def (at lvl 50, 50 attack and 50 def) which is bad. If the ratio would have been different like Gung Ho itself (3:1 or 4:1 ??) I might have considered it. Anyway, I’ll stick with Concetrate even with its limits, at least, you can max its attribute and get +100 damage from it without any strings attached. :laughing:

For the attribute of Jolly Rogers, here is the translation from Google:

Enable [ Jolly Roger ] effect , to disable the enemy’s attack with a certain probability . Probability is applied by 0.5 % per property level , the probability will increase in accordance with the Pirates number of Members . ( However, it does not apply if no one other than yourself to Pirates . )

I’m thinking that it might mean stunning the enemy, but I cannot say for sure yet. I’ll get back to you once I’m a Corsair. :grin:

@trapchaimar, we almost had the build, except for the swordsman circles. :laughing:
Suggestion though, you might want to add more lvls in Bash, since that will be your only attack skill till Swordsman C2, and it is a really good skill with the AoE and Knockback attribute. As for Pain Barrier, I haven’t had any good chance to use it yet. Maybe at later lvls?

Remember guys, feel free to test out what works for you since we have both STAT and SKILL RESET in iCBT2.

@LoliLicker Hi can u help me out a pvp type corsair build id like to have all possible pvp skills…please dont include pve skills if not needed for pvp :smile: ty