Tree of Savior Forum

Musketeer Crit Rate

Hello,

I would like to get your input on the below,

At the time self buff and gear (no gems included), I have 499 critical rate, with the new weapon I’m crafting (Emengard Musket) which has 3 sockets and comes with 15 critical rate which puts me on 514 critical rate, I plan to add x3 Level 7 Green Gems into it which is another 156 which should put me on 670 critical rate, is that better or should I go with 3 Red Gems Level 7 which is around 456 PA.

below are some of the stats I have and plans

I have 299 PA from Head Accessories.
I have 260 Point Invested in STR (280 Total Including Gear)
No Dex Investment at all
Rest into con (100)

The weapon will give me extra 33 ST which will put me into 313 STR and 35 Dex Which will put me 57 which should increase when i get better leather gear (using blue HG 315 so far since i wanted to focus on weapon and cards first)

I also have 5 Level 10 Glass Mole Cards (working on 3 more but haven’t been getting any drops lately)

as for build, I’m using A2/SAP2/WUG2/Musk2 (So a lot of poison damage)

Sorry for the long post but needed some opinion on what to go for next, thanks in advance.

i prefer red gem over green gems. The reason is this simulation

2x lv 7 red gems with 62% crit chance has better average DPS than 2x green gems which contribute to 69% crit chance

Hi. What are the values of 62% and 69%? Sorry for asking if it’s already cited anywhere else…

no problem.
The formula is (your crit rate-enemy crit resist)^0.6=crit chance.

1161 crit rate is 69% crit chance. Pretty discouraging, right?
972 crit rate is 62% crit chance.
I rather had 173 crit rate and rogue1 for sneakhit lv 5.
173^0.6=22% chance
sneakhit lv5 give flat 40% crit chance if you attack from the back.
Ergo, 22%+40%=62% crit chance

Holy cow, with the available eqs right now that looks impossible… i think around 30-35% is doable with current eqs, am I right?

dont forget enemy has crit resist too. IIRC, lv 330 enemies have 165 crit resist. All my above equation are assuming enemies have 0 crit resist.

Thanks for the replays so better have more PA then Crit,

Just try raw math (a lot of assumptions and simplification):

514^0.6= 42.3 % crit (I removed your bonus crit from lvl 330 against a lvl 330 monster)
566^0.6= 44.8 (2.5% first gem)
618^0.6= 47.2 (2.4% second gem)
670^0.6= 49.6 (2.4% third gem)

You have no dex to take advantage of this high amount of crit rate and no Passiv to improve the weight of your crits (Epee garde, Highlander Two handed-sword passive).

At the end, you have the choice between 7.3% crit and 930 max damage (465 average PA). If we consider a +21 trans 10 Emengard musket (5152 - 7321 range => 6236)

465 ap represents 7.45% of your total AP so roughly 7% more damage.
If you consider that crit is 50% upgrade of your DPS (more or less the case if your don’t have any dex/crit attack), the gain from your gems will be 50%*7.3% so 3.65% total upgrade.

We didn’t even took into account that the red gems will be multiplied during a crit (it should compensate the damage bonus from your crit att).

It seems you should forget about the green gems if you aren’t Fencer or a Doppel…

Red gem wins in overall damage but green gem still serve it purposed which is MORE CRIT CHANCE. Think wider.

More chance to crit for 1 shot, to crit when you’re on glass mole, when you hitting after you apply debuff with limited duration, when you cast your best skill with long cd and etc.

Unless you only planned your character fighting millions to billions target, I wouldn’t say green gem is not an option.

@Parmenion Thanks for detailed explanation.

@redwea Yeah that’s what i was thinking as well but didn’t know if its worth it due to crit attack being low since, which is why i was wondering If red is better option

A question not related to Muskeetter: what if I have 6 available gems between weapon and subweapon?
Is it still better to go with red or green come back?

I’m going Cannoneer and probably full yellow gems.

Right now at level 184 I have 143 base crit rate. I’m not wearing any crit rate gear.

Swift Step gives me +150 for 293. Kneeling Shot gives me another +200 for 493. Once I reach Cannoneer, that gives me another +10% for cannon skills. Sneak hit 10/10 gives me another +50% flat. This is before any investment into crit gear.

So back to this topic, My weapon is transc 4 now +11 and i can do damage cap with 2 main skills if crit with potion up (Glass Mole) however im not crittin much now, 514 crit only, shall i switch to 3 Green Gems Level 7 which will put me on 670 Crit, I will lose 456 AP but im working on trans 5 soon so that should cover some of most of it.

i have a friend who use 3 lv 10 green gem @ +110 crit rate. Using your 514 crit rate:
514+330=844 crit rate
844^0.6=57% crit chance

Wha? When did the crit rate change?

(Critical Rate - Critical Resist) * (42 / Character Level) was the formula I knew :open_mouth:

This means that 600 crit rate is 46% in your formula but in this one, taking average crit res of 330 enemis of 165, gives 58% O_O

It change with combat system changes patch

Well fml O.O

I deleted my sheet with stats but 800 with chrono quicken and Ill still only get 55% after the enemy got slowed and zalcaid down to 0 crit rest O. Doesnt appraiser give flat 10%? :open_mouth: Maybe I should take that instead of cannoneer 2.

nope, it doesnt give flat 10%.
Actually no one found out how much crit resist debuff blindside give to enemy, but your first next will 100% crit

1 Like

If you use the calculator further down in that same post and calculate over a higher crit the gap widens considerably.

This is looking only at having 2x Lv7 gems in MAIN weapon. Top is yellows, bottom is reds.
Here’s with my own crit rate (I’m using almost all archer/rogue crit rate buffs and some greens to reach this)

Here’s with a more easily reachable crit chance of 70%

Without rogue and swift step getting past 40% is going to be hard work I’m fairly sure , so in most cases red gems are the way to go, I’d consider yellow gems as very niche and only for people that can pass 66%~ crit chance.

As you can see here, at 50% crit chance you might as well not waste time on yellows, while they are technically better, it’s so little and the reds will probably be easier to find if you’re not grinding them out.

I personally hate reds on main weapon though because of the widening of damage which is something I dislike, but it’s not like there are other options

Overall no matter what though I would avoid putting greens in your weapon here, you want the greens in your

The CRate difference just wouldn’t be worth it but that’s also easily calculable either by doing the math yourself or plugging in the difference in that calculator for your current CRate. The more PAtk you currently have though the better that CRate can be to a point because of that 1.5x.

1 Like