Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

Canā€™t do that alone, and you canā€™t just collect it. You pick something up, then you have to use it.

Okay thanks for that! Hope not much change will happen for my build, My not so much an archer but melee archer build

So my numbers above were actually a bit more off than I thought after properly adding them into the calculator you probably need 0 dex investment at all to hit 90% critical chance.

Based on the numbers I ran last time

L7 gems 10 DEX/189 STR

Gives me 0.99% Critical Chance actually on Bavon, however on Haze it comes down to 86%!

L7 Gems 120 DEX/79 STR

for the hell of it

L7 Gems 0DEX/199 STR

It should be noted that Karacha Daggerā€™s 11 DEX could be something youā€™re not going to get later, however since daggers are largely stat sticks itā€™s not like this canā€™t be replaced with a better or equivalent DEX stick

For the sake of it since I donā€™t have physical attack damage from those levels!

L7 Gems (Level 280)

I decided to change Crit Resist to 100, other than that everything is the same.
FULL STR

MIN.DEX (90% Crit)

I didnā€™t do the almost 1:1 numbers you suggested simply because they donā€™t seem to match up at L200 and adding in the gem changes manually is a pain.
If you want a copy of the sheet I used let me know and Iā€™ll PM it to you, itā€™s very sloppy cause itā€™s just personal use.

The damage is actually a lot closer than I thought it would be though so thatā€™s good!
On Caltrops/Stone Shot the difference really shows though, I imagine probably on higher level skills too but I never incorporated those into my formula. Iā€™d say rogue skills but they get some raw crit chance increase so itā€™s largely pointless for them anyway.

You should consider awakening bonuses in those calculations, hereā€™s a spreadsheet if youā€™re interested in what gives what.
Awakening list

Awakenings have already been changed in kCBT and were known to be placeholders, so unfortunately I cannot account for them at all as what we saw may be radically different from what actually will be.

Seriously? At the end of the day itā€™s xml changes theyā€™re making so itā€™s not like itā€™s overly time consuming. Makes you wonder if theyā€™ll do the same for release after OBT.

Well theyā€™ve kept their krcbt files encrypted for a bit now so weā€™ll see if they get released I guess hehe

My idea to make first char into an alchem seems more and more profitable :grin:

1 Like

Is it possible to target your own caltrops with an aoe skill and destroy them? Or can you target your own pavise? Or can you shoot at and destroy your own sapper traps?

You can use Quarrel Shooter c2ā€™s Teardown to accomplish most of that, but nothing you can do otherwise will remove your summons.

1 Like

Do traps increase damage when you also increase your attack stat? Or are they fixed dmg?

yes they scale with attack stat, they can also crit.

ummā€¦ im try to build archerā€¦ what do you think if my build
Archer C2 > Hunter C2 > and Rogue C3ā€¦

My question is that hard to leveling ?
and Rogue C3 Have Evasion lvl 10 = 100% evasion?
thx in advanceā€¦

Dont go hunter rogue, go sapper rogue instead.

After much testing in KCBT3, Iā€™ve somewhat finalized my build for KOBT. I call it many mixed archers (MMA) because it learns utility skills from different archer branches. And yes this is pure PVP.

I would like to hear some thoughts. I have some footage of some useful tactics I can upload.

Still unsure about Rogue 3 or Fletcher 2

Seems really solid for pvp,
Maybe in fletcher i would suggest magic arrow or bodkin point instead of crossfire.
Since the aoe and damage of crossfire felt really weak when I tested itā€¦

Plus if you can pin them down I think magic arrow should do a lot of damage. (itā€™s not aoe but hit-based, but I saw it ticked really fast)

Also in the future if there are objective based spot gvg/pvp 1 point in punji stake in sapper may prove usefull with conceal.

And maybe a good combo could also be musketer Snipe (lv5 : 4000 + 150%atk) with scout +50% dmg cloacking attributeā€¦ (if youā€™re not that convinced by fletcher, rogue 2 > musketeer 1, but need to swap weapons though)

Good point, I updated my build. Removed some points from detonate into Punji.

Any archers know if Falconer Skills can be used while under the effects of Scoutā€™s Cloaking?

Thanks!

So iā€™ve been thinking about doing an archer for a while now, but as a wizard and cleric player there are many things about archers that i donā€™t know. I wonder if anyone could give me some guidance here.

Iā€™m divided between taking a wugushi path and a rogue path, i really donā€™t care about pvp, so are both of them viable for pve only reasons?

As for the first classes, iā€™m really struggling to choose them. Archer c3 is better than archer c2 ranger c1? Would something else be better? From what iā€™ve seen sapper c2 is pretty strong for pve, but iā€™m not that interested in sapper tbh.

To make things easier iā€™ll put some build examples and would like you to say what are their main differences:

Wugushi path:
archer -> archer -> archer -> wugushi -> wugushi
archer -> archer -> ranger -> wugushi -> wugushi
archer -> ranger -> ranger -> wugushi -> wugushi
archer -> archer -> sapper -> sapper -> wugushi -> wugushi

Rogue path:
archer -> archer -> archer -> scout -> rogue
archer -> archer -> ranger -> scout -> rogue
archer -> ranger -> ranger -> scout -> rogue
archer -> archer -> sapper -> sapper -> rogue

As you can see my main doubt is how many ranger circles to get, if any at all.

Other way around, ranger c1 is better. Barrage 5 + steady aim is better than anything in archer c3. Plus it gives you the AoE youā€™ll need.

I personally played an archer 3 wugushi and wouldnā€™t recommend it. You definitely want at least ranger c1, or you will be hurting for AoE damage. You basically multishot / oblique shot your way to wugushi c2, and then still have to multishot / oblique shot as your main forms of damage. Not very fun.

With ranger, get c1 or c3. Thereā€™s no good reason to take only c2 ranger.

The tough choice is between archer c2 and ranger c1. Archer got a lot of buffs recently, making c2 quite a bit stronger. But Barrage is still an amazing skill, and basically solves archerā€™s AoE problems for a long time.

So out of what youā€™ve listedā€¦

archer -> archer -> ranger -> wugushi -> wugushi
Picks up swift step ( crit attribute ), heavy shot, multishot 10 ( fast cast with attribute ), and doesnā€™t have to wait until Wugu c2 to AoE.

archer -> archer -> sapper -> sapper -> wugushi -> wugushi
You get broom trap which is really nice, but you take wugushi 1 rank late. The only problem with this is that wugushiā€™s gu pot is really useful at this point in the game ( rank 5 ) where a lot of leather mobs that are weak to poison are what you want to be killing ( and broom trap does less damage to leather ). Since you wonā€™t be getting this until rank 6, itā€™s a little painful. Also it doesnā€™t make clear what your stat build will be - sappers want a good amount of dex so their traps will crit, but wugushis donā€™t need dex at all, since poisons canā€™t crit.

archer -> archer -> ranger -> scout -> rogue
This build works well, but Iā€™d consider it a bit more for PvP. Scout mainly gives you utility and a 50% damage buff to another skill ( although flare shot recently got a radius buff making it a bit better AoE ), and Rogue also gives utility, with crit+ and feint ( PvP only really ). The question is, with +50% damage and +crit, what skill are you buffing?

archer -> archer -> sapper -> sapper -> rogue
Iā€™ve done this build, and it works pretty well. Archer c2 / ranger c1 are an optional swap though. Iā€™d probably favor archer c2 atm, with itā€™s recent buffs. Broom trap is amazing, and the +crit works really nice in buffing it, as well as the ability to capture your own broom trap and reuse it later, for double broom traps.

The other builds I wouldnā€™t consider, since they either have archer c3 or ranger c2 in them.

1 Like