Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

So, I really.

Really.

Really like the idea behind Fletcher and Iā€™m sick of seeing fellow Archers suffer at the hands of Swordsmen! ā€¦But Iā€™ve no idea how to build one. I was originally going to go Archer>Ranger>Ranger>Ranger>Fletcher>Fletcher, but Ranger just seems too lack luster and like all of the skills I used will easily be replaced when I turn Fletcherā€¦

Any suggestions on a more useful path progression?

Since the last update i noticed that stockades do damage whenever the enemy pass through it. Before it, each enemy could trigger the trap only one time. So if my char was not bugged before, this is a really good improvement, the ā€œgo toā€ option for C1.

I donā€™t expect that IMC lowers the price of Claymores anymore. Itā€™s more than clear that they want it to be the ā€œuse only in special cases, not for grindā€.

In general the class donā€™t feels like a sapper, but a kamikaze. However iā€™ll not prolong myself and let it for my feedback.

1 Like

I wonā€™t call him a kamikaze, I managed to monopolize room and grind there on the 1st floor of Chapel. Exp is going up fast, no need for party, only a handful of hp/sp pots required. It was a waste to use claymore there, but stockades + multishot + full draw were quite effective. Though, there is almost no chance to stand still, as you have to run, run, and run.
Stockades can be put right under the foot of your enemies, but youā€™ve to face them to deal more damage (or actually deal any at all, lol). Iā€™m now wondering 'bout going for all 3 circles of sapper and getting something else for 6th circle.

Confirmed, SPR archer is the way to go at least until level 130-140, maybe even 150 depending on gear.

Even on c2 archer c1 hunter, my dps has been increased tremendously - not only I attack faster, my oblique that replaced my autoattacks attacks two enemies for more damage then my autoattacks with 120 str, thereā€™s literally no drawback to the spr build currently.

1 Like

Whatā€™s your opinion on adding a bit of DEX to a SPR Archer? With the crit passive on SS and a small amount of DEX I have the feeling that your crit chance can be quite decent and enhance your oblique even further.

thanks laj, maybe i can play that hunter again then, i keep wanting to go back. did you keep oblique on 3 or did you get more ranks?

edit: trying out 60 spr 30dex on level 60 hunter, letā€™S see if the crit rate and evasion do anything

yeah when i saw the skill set from c1~c2 sapper i thought that they should allow us to at least ā€˜makeā€™ the traps from some kind of common drop, or at least offer the mats or the consumable item for the traps at a more affordable price, like how on Olā€™e RO we could craft all kinds of arrows with that skill from different kinds of materials.
I just tend to expect that once you are allowed, as in, being trained enough to have access to dangerous materials such as a claymore, you should also be able to use your knowledge in handling it to reverse-engineer it to a degree so that you can make some, even if bellow the quality of a ā€˜masterā€™ at that craft at first.

My first archer try was with full spr archer, and I run out of breath around before C3 even, I donā€™t seem to get enough regen for constant spam, and damage is really subpar.
Now I have several archer of various levels (under 60) and I canā€™t really point one out that seems to be viable enough to continue (and I donā€™t want to play hunter, hate pets). I main full support priest for the guild and spend rest of my time trying to get an archer build running. And it just kills me that I cant even get one to the level of viability at least similar to that of a soloing priest.
If talking about how much circles you end up with in the end in every class:
Archer c3 seems unreasonable unless you want to afk level low level mobs to the end of times.
Archer c2 seems like a decent way to go in the long run, but not being able to pick good leveling skills from other classes earlier hurts.
Having Archer only c1 seems to only be viable if you are planning to go straight for ranger c3 or qs c3 (full speed moving shot seems op) before leveling slows down.
QC c1 seems useless, actually even hurting speed of leveling a lot.
QC c2 seems more appealing due to the very decent rapid fire, but limits further class selection (especially in terms of weapons)
QC c3 is my main question, could not get any confirmation on running shot usability yet.
Ranger c1 is a pretty solid choice, especially for earlier leveling. Barrage/anchoring cover most of the needs in one go. Crit shot a bit of a letdown.
Ranger c2 is utterly useless by itself.
Ranger c3 is good, but good enough to not take archer c2?

very well put, i assume spr needs to get to a decent niveau to be useful, i tried this with my pyro/ linker and full spr might allready be too much regen for level 60, but his skills are so much more efficient with flame ground and fire ball ( not to forget linking ) that itā€™s hardly fair to compare it to archer

Iā€™m following the path Archer -> Quarrel Shooter -> Hunter and I have to say Iā€™m quite happy with it. Quarrel Shooter is a little painful to level at early stages due to the amount o SP itā€™s skills consume. After changing to Hunter the game changed completely.
Rush Dog is a beast, at lv5 it does almost 600 damage AOE which ignores defense, I assume thatā€™s the case because I hit full damage on those totems bosses normally spawn. :relaxed:
The companion AI right now is a bit floppy, but having the chance to auto cast Dog Rush is just amazing.
If they changed Dog Rush to a ground targetable instead of having to target a monster to cast it Hunter would become a godly class.
I highly recommend this build :tada:

allright i went with 70 spr and rest dex for my test and with this setup i feel i hit the sweetspot, oblique shot level 7 is a great choice to get rid of annoying enemy packs in conjunction to the pet ( which for some reason seems to have gained damage ), i can comfortably deal with a level 62 boss and about 16 summoned pets over the fight with my natural SP alone, while having the option to spam a bit more with the use of potions.
from this point forward i will go for more dex ( crit/ evasion and hit are a bit lacking right now, but skilldamage and being ranged ( with high magic defense to boot) are more than enough to never feel threatened ) and later a bit strenght/ con perhaps just to round up the outliers in this build ( critdamage and health)
More Spr may become a necessity when i get to wugushi, since the spells are quite expensive, but i expect the damage-tradeoff to be so high, that sp might not be a concern anymore at that point.

super pumped for spr builds until they fix skill scaling!

Would you mind putting a build similar to that one?

These SPR builds are only good for one thing: leveling up.

Theyā€™ll be more viable in CBT, is my guess, since we donā€™t know how much the stat reset scroll will cost on the full game.

if they donā€™t change the scaling for skills the builds will be as viable for leveling as for most of the other stuff in the game, your str contribution is negligble for skills and since there is more than enough points left for dex you can substitute crit damage via gems. spamming skills > slightly harder hitting skills so far

Would I be able to get some opinions on this build?

Tips are welcome! Donā€™t know if I should get Bodkin or Barbed to 10 as a Fletcher C2 though.

Currently been playing around as it (alas, just as a Ranger) but Iā€™m finding it pretty fun. A lot more involved than my other characters.

Itā€™s good to maybe 150-160 if you invest heavily into the damage attribute for oblique and multishot. I guess since you dont use that many pots you can actually afford it, I never had much silver in this game to date.

@maedhros yes, they are. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. It is good for now to easier level up to rank 5, maybe even will give you a hand in getting to rank 6 but you canā€™t do pvp with such a build and expect results when you die in 1-2 hits.

So yeah, its a fun tool to use while it lasts.

@OmegaDivider I donā€™t like the c1 archer c1 ranger transition, both classes are too weak to help you at c1, Iā€™d say go archer c2.

other then that fletcher skills are always a struggle for me, the class has so many awesome skills and only so many points to invest in them! so choose whatever you prefer there.

@lajkonikes
I thought that too, but I really donā€™t enjoy Archer C2. In general it just felt like either Ranger or Archer C2 is just going to be overshadowed by Hunter and Fletcher. As of now though, some ranger skills are uhā€¦moderately useful. The only thing that Archer C2 would do better is level 10 Multi, but Iā€™m having fun with Barrage since it kills pretty much everything in front of me.

Iā€™m already almost 40~ levels into this one so Iā€™ll test it out more since thisā€™ll all be wiped by the end of CBT anyway.

And thanks for the tidbits, much appreciated.

Edit: Well, I just read something that was slightly uhā€¦worrying.

It appears that skills that I plan to picks as a Hunter for bossing will not work the way Iā€™m hoping. Apparently Coursing/Retrieve cannot be used on bosses? So Iā€™ll just have a little Rush Dog machine while I pittle away with whatever I have.

If it isnā€™t going to work too well I may just look into alternatives for the Hunter/Hunter C2. I mean, there is always just Archer>Ranger>Ranger>Ranger>Fletcher>Fletcher but I donā€™t know how well that will fare with bosses.

Thanks for the build! Doesnā€™t he have archer 2? It looks like they have Weapon Swap.
It also looks like they might have steady aim and Iā€™m not sure what the s+6 skill is. Sorry not trying to nitpick the build Iā€™m just genuinely curious if those skills are worth it. Thanks!

No, he definitely has ranger c2. Look at his hotbar. Iā€™m not a fan of steady aim, I guess its nice on low levels but later on it falls of quickly. Crit is bad for me too so frankly Iā€™d just take anchoring/ barrage and forget about the other skills haha :yum: put 5 into timebomb and 5 into steady, just remember steady gets most of its damage from levelling attributes.
Edit: not sure what you mean by s+6
@omegadivider I have an archer c2 hunter c1 almost hunter c2 ( 10% left but Iā€™m at work ). Archer c2ā€™s main asset is oblique shot at 10 if you follow the spr build for low levels, for higher levels (meta) full draw 7( for insta cast ), multishot 10, quick step 10, oblique 3 ( when damage falls off and you want to pvp instead - as a slow mechanism ).

I grind on mobs 11 levels higher then me by spamming oblique/rush dog and I kill around 10 of them at a time, including mages. I wouldnt be able to do it had I gone one rank of ranger because its the oblique lvl10/rush dog spam that enables me to do it. Iā€™d give my build a try, I tested it and can verify it is working but if you rather go ranger just do that just make sure to give your input after!