Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

I didnt read? Actually i readed the whole topic the last few days, and i was asking your OPINION about which one is a better path to fletcher/sapper, theres more info on other builds only. And I actually had some respect for you for all those posts and sharing ur knowledge but I didnt know you were that arrogant.

Dont need to be all aggressive just because someone asked your opinion and help on something, your last reply was like a default reply because you thought im some retarded that asked random questions about archer, so im sorry if im not good as you are or think you are. :smile:

I failed with my companion, I only levelled a couple of stats - no monies sadly. Then it got to more or less my level, his stats grew and I cant afford investing into them anymore - costs me 20k-40k per stat and as I said I didnt level it myself. The devs need to look into it honestly.

Oh and it was 200-300 silver at the start. So my pet wont be getting upgrades. If anything, when/if I save up over a milion Iā€™ll buy a new pet and upgrade him correctly before levelling him up. Well, unless the devs will fix the scaling with your actions as a character not actual pet stats.

No reply about oblique? If it crits or no?

Of course Oblique Shot can crit.

I dont care how good or bad you are, whether youā€™re retarded or not, whether you respect me or not and whether you find me arrogant or not.

I donā€™t know which one is better, but ranger skills seem to be meshing better with fletcher skills.

At the other hand sapper is strong in the damage department and provides aoe. Strong aoe. Not as mobile as rangerā€™s.

Other then tenet chapel I didnt see that amount of mobs anywhere yet. So Iā€™m not sure if you need that much aoe. Plus mobs attack your traps.

Anything else?

Traps takes tiem to install. You need time to put claymore on a ground, and then you need time to activate it. Donā€™t forget, that mobs attack you without a pause. Claymore is expensive as hell and doesnā€™t do good damage until it leveled up (at least, on the 2nd lvl of chapel dmg wasnā€™t all that great, but it still works ok for 1st floor). Stockades are free and extremely good against ground targets. Besides, mobs do aggro on them, so they work as double stoppers. Detonate trap seems interesting, but hasnā€™t much of use, actually. Punjake takes too long to install, so unless you have about 10 sec on hand before mobs get close, its a waste. With sapper you use a ton of auto-attack, a ton of multishot. Fulldraw is yourā€™s 2nd best friend, and Oblique is a sidekick. All in all, I have fun playing with this char. I have 45 dex and 36 str. Just got an Iron Bow for more crits. If you grind a bit, you can somewhat spam claymores, but there is no real need for it.
And, as I stated this before, Iā€™m still soloing.

And yes, I donā€™t think that your way of asking for an advice is an appropriate one. Try to be more polite and less aggressive.
Besides, this is a freaking beta. No one here played this game for very long. How do you expect ppl to know anything and everything and give you an advice in every little thing? Rather than looking for help, you should try it yourself. Leveling isnā€™t that hard and there are free skill/stat-reset scrolls. You can utilize them to come up with a perfect build.

or one that fits your playstyle and budget.
just dragged myself to hunter and im enjoying it quite a bit, experimented going around the SPR route for that oblique spamming while leveling and it was quite an enjoyable ride too, so kudos for that!

I might just try the spr archer idea myself, saving up on pots sounds awesome.

Iā€™m rolling a spr archer and itā€™s awesome. Before I couldnā€™t solo for the life of me

I reset my lv65 Quarrel Shooter stats to put my 40 DEX into CON instead (and 70 STR as before). I nearly double my Health Points, thatā€™s nice when fighting boss. The block rate is still a bit low and overall Iā€™m not very satisfied.
Probably going to reset to a mix of DEX and SPR.

Hi @lajkonikes

Iā€™d like to make an archer from your first build archer 1 > archer 2 > hunter 1> hunter 2 > and ending with wugushi.

How would my stat allocation be like and how do i get myself a companion so my hunter skills would work? does the companion comes with the class change??

and do archers use the mouse or keyboard settings?

Please advise me! or anyone from the community with a knowledge on the build!

What is the build in that rogue youtube video?

Looks like full str archer-ranger2-scout-rogue 2. At least from the hotbar.

@bycr93 thats what I am doing right now.

My suggestion would be to try a somewhat limited version of the spr archer. That would mean:
-go full spr
-get multishot to 5, oblique to 5 on c1 archer

• the saved points put into multishot on c2 archer and max oblique later, Iā€™d say swift step after.

It is limited because in the build I saw the guy had c3 archer. Keep in mind you can hand in achievements in the main city to an npc named Lena and get more icoins -using which you can reset at anytime if you dont like it. Iā€™m full str currently, I think a dex build is better but this is what I use just now. Mainly because if you donā€™t remember to feed the pet and he has no stamina - heā€™s hella slow. He wonā€™t engage in combat fast with no stamina so you get to tank more. So thereā€™s that.

I use mouse setting, its the usual one you see in mmorpgs with wasd being your movement keys and Iā€™m simply used to it that way.

You do get a voucher for it so yes the companion is free.

Would you mind creating me a build similar to that? Does he go full STR?

Well yes he does, I just said that lol. Easiest way is use skill simulator while watching the clip and just identify the skills he uses and take the same ones. Icons are the same.

Or if time is not an issue I can do it when Iā€™m back from work.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

@lajkonikes

Yeah i saw a guy going full SPR and didnā€™t look back. Iā€™ll probably give it a shot.

My friend said archer has serious AOE issues and canā€™t do well in that aspect and he said that itā€™s hard to control the archer.

Is it true?

yes, more or less. oblique shot is unreliable since the arrows target random mobs in the area after the first one or simply donā€™t hit more than 1 at all, the 3 target limit for oblique makes its high sp costs even more annoying,
hunter aoe has the drawback that in order to do aoe damage you have to hit the right enemy so the splash hits the surrounding foes, but your pet tends to choose its own targets so that is kinda annoying.
for some reason the best aoe archer has is multishot, which isnā€™t aoe
depending on your control scheme the archer is easier/ harder to use, depends on what you prefer.

Okay.
So, stockades are the best trap ever (at least, on Sapper C1). Claymore is expensive and, well, sometimes hard to plant. Punja are unreliable, as you canā€™t use it whenever you want. Though, it deals a pretty good dmg as well as clearing an area from mobs, throwing them to the sun. Detonate traps is actually great, but only in specific situations. It doesnā€™t deal a lot of dmg and sometimes just beign used in vain, but if you manage to lead a boss into itā€™s own traps and then use Detonate, it would bring in some damage. It wasnā€™t exactly a life saver, but helped a lot in a fight against Harpie.
Still, traps are almost completely useless against flying targets.
Overall, Iā€™ve started to enjoy this class even more. You have to actually think how to use your skills.
Still, I really think that Sappers should be able to craft their own traps. 'Cause why the hell can I craft a, for example, Iron Bow, but canā€™t make a simple claymore mine =_=

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience!