Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo is your new god

Those additional multi-hits from Doppel’s PV video, they were fake multi-hits (think Seism)

In most if not all recent MMOs tank classes can do good damage. IMC is just conforming to expectations.

There’s this guy

2 Likes

Except…I’m talking about regular dps classes getting straight wrecked in comparison to defense oriented classes who have greater buffs applied to them.
That is not at all regular.

1 Like

I dont see rod as DPS. Its more defensive CC like cryo.

Also murm is for tanky classes and pelt fit that mold perfectly. The higher modifier is cuz pelt skills are lower rank and need higher multiplier to make them usable.

To be fair, they stated that Murmillo is the offensive shield oriented class. Other classes will shine on other armor types and give it a few weeks, we’ll have better idea about the dps standings.

1 Like

You’re missing the point again.
As a result of Murmillo.
Defense oriented classes are contributing more damage than dedicated dps classes. It has nothing to do with Murmillo’s damage in a vacuum.
It has everything to do with its damage in relation to other classes where there are heap of other classes that find themselves doing jack diddly squat at rank 8, where as Murmillo brings Peltasta’s damage up to R8 appreciable levels. Which we’ve also seen from Quarrel Shooters running shot out damaging several of its contemporaries that are focused on damage for quite awhile (yes this has its shortcomings).

Meanwhile in
Sadhu, Ranger, Sword 3, Cataphract, Monk, Pyromancer, Rogue, etc land we find Peltasta actually serves as a higher dps increase for late-game than any of these damage dealers. That’s not just because of Murmillo mind you, Peltasta’s damage worth shot up when Shinobi became capable of utilizing it, now with Murmillo in toe, Peltasta as a rank 2 class actually has some of the highest damage potential of a rank 2 class, and its defense oriented, which again we saw earlier in Quarrel Shooter.
It has nothing to do with Tanks having damage output of their own, and everything to do with them exceeding others.

That’s wonky.

@kradenmike4.
Yes, Murmillo is offensive and by their decisions it has made defense oriented classes offensively powerful.

There are multiple offense oriented classes that are dead at rank 9 because their attack skills have completely fallen to crap.

I’m not angry that Murmillo has damage, I find it very half-ass that they’ve now on multiple fronts put defensive classes choices ahead of offensive choices for dealing damage. This is not in relation to other rank 8 classes, this is how Murmillo takes a rank 2, and make it one of the strongest damage contributors of the lower ranks, where other classes of that level have become garbage.

For guys who have said at one point that they intend for classes to fall off, they’re doing a lot of back and forth where they pick and choose who gets to and who doesn’t fall off.

Basically have to hope they have hidden interactions (which are a very uncomfortable way of balancing) so that some of these offensive classes at rank 2, 3, 4 ,etc are still even worth sneezing at for rank 8.

2 Likes

Fair point. I think murmillo itself is healthy as it builds up lower circles nicely that would otherwise be not relevant and has been struggling for awhile in contributing damage. Pelt rodelero was a dead end. What they need to do is do the same for lower ranks but I think it’s a start. Tbh, I really wanted a criminal class at rank 8 to power up corsair c3 but I guess it isn’t happening.

How the hell the guy wasn’t taking damage?

OK guys dont fool yourselves…
the damage window is really not that much since you need to apply all them debuffs and the animation is long too.
its really not that op… fencer 3 is OP on the other hand…

Yes. And they don’t even count 50% damage reduction from high guard and hyping about 730% damage bonus when it’s actually 50% of base damage is cut off.

so it’s ok for us to get murmillo at rank 8? let’s just use two kind of weapons (sword/spear). so there, i can use the switch weapon (alt-z) now. :grin:

and the new skill in squire c3 has low cooldown and with 2 charges. but how’s the damage? is it worth it? :grin:

High guard reduction has been changed to 15%, so high guard + attribute would actually increase umbo blow + rim blow damage by a lot.

1 Like

Ok. Didn’t look at the skill in KR version, sorry though.

I wanna see that squire new atk skill hehe…

So maxing rim blow is necessay now . Ditch langort

how about this build? hehehe

you forgot that High Guard is Attack -50%

Sword3>Rodelero3 is still good. Dont focus too much on the Pelt skills buff the Murm gives, with additional skills from Murm, you wouldnt be using much Pelt skills anyway since Rodelero skills have more damage and before you know it, your Murm skills already on cd same as your rodelero debuffs

ITs only 15% now after patch.

oh, i did not know that, but still, damage of pelt skills are still below of that of rodelero, take into consideration the animation as well, im guessing thats the reason why there are separate attributes for increasing pelt and rodelero skill damages is because of this. Anyway, I still think that Murm will do the best damage only if there is a Rodel C3 in its circles for a 10s burst of strike damage, after that, all skills are just fillers, you can even use other circle’s skills instead of pelt since the damage is now practically the same after boosting pelt skills compared to dps circles