Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo is your new god

I wonder if Sw1/Pelt1/Barb2/Corsair2/Shinobi would work with Murmilo.

Frenzy slash + Head butt (lv 5 or 4) + Take down (lv 5 or 4) + Wear helmet (for PvP or maps with lots of annoying ranged or mage mobs)

other skills require shield so I ignored them since this build focus on using sword/dagger while sword/shield only when there is no tank in mission

or just go for Corsair3

but those base values of Murmillo skills are sick so dunno if Corsair3 would be able to deal the same amount of dmg

Corsair 3 is a bust right now. Literally no synergy with any thing in Rank 8.

But a Corsair 2 into Murmillo would ā€œworkā€. Just not as effectively as a Rodelro into Murmillo, since the new class benefits from strike damage and Rodelro can add 200%+ with their skills.

Murmillo only has 1 Slash type attack that benefits from Barbs Cleave, meanwhile they have 3 Strike type attacks.

Unfortunately I think Corsair overall is a little flawed right now. Shinobi doesnā€™t do much for it either.

1 Like

Now my pelt 3 squire 3 will surely love it. Now we can really grind too on pve and fuk some mages on tblā€¦then open shop on log out.wohohoho

You might see squires in tbl ranking hahahah

Forget my post above.haha. short and Stupid dreamā€¦what am I thinking???

Now that is your god

1 Like

Planning to still go on my buildā€¦ too many commitments to reload again to the Sword>Peltc3>Rodel C3>Murm path.
Currently Iā€™m Sword>Pelt>Hop>PeltC3 and planning to go DoppelC2 or Doppel>Rodel before going Murmillo at Rank 8 (A PVE power-grinder to be exact).
Went to the 1h Spear route so I can solo farm and kill mobs easily and I think Iā€™ll be doing fine upon going Murmillo with this route for somehow people need to experiment on things and think out of the box for initially thatā€™s what the game wants you to do with the plethora of classes to choose from. Also, for we didnā€™t expect that the game will be introducing a class that synergizes TOO well with the sword+shield builds.
P.S. Kudos to Weapon Swap. But Iā€™m crossing my fingers right now that Murmillo Skills can be used with 1h spears + shield. :joy:

@GoldenCross any comments :slight_smile:

Guys you really need to all take a step back and stop theorycrafting all of these non-shield-based Murmillo builds.

Please recognize for a second how absurdly strong multipliers are in this game. Stack High Guardā€™s 330% with Murmillo helmet +400% on umbo blow and youā€™ve got a +730% damage multiplier, multiplicative with the 3 strike damage debuffs from Rode3 and Murmillo. Umboā€™s 500 base damage goes up to 4150 + 830% of your character sheet damage. Letā€™s say youā€™ve got 2,000 damage which is maybe what youā€™d have with no equipment at all at rank 8, so a pretty low estimate - thatā€™s over a 20k damage Umbo Blow. Now multiply that by our +250% strike debuffs and youā€™ve got over 70k damage. Crit? Over 100k damage. And it hits twice on staggered (anything that you successfully block) enemies, and has 2 overheat and a 12 second cooldown.

And thatā€™s ONE SKILL. Murmillo + Rode debuffs effect almost all Pelt and Rode skills. The damage potential is insane. Just slapping Murmillo on to some random build would be like taking Shinobi on a build with no skills that can be cloned.

3 Likes

Nice to see that murmillo needs sword and/or shield/dagger to be effective !

Agree with @SlyGoat about how to build Murmillo but i have some doubts on my own path :

• SW 1 / PELT C3 / ROD 3 / MUR 1
    Tanky and can deal damage

• SW 1 / PELT C2 / ROD 3 / COR 1 / MUR 1
    More utilities (jolly roger) and more pvp (hook / devil dust)

• SW 1/ PELT C2 / ROD 3 / SHI 1/ MUR 1
    Iā€™m not a fan of shinobi but i have seen a video where clones can copy :
    *shield bash
    *rim blow
    *umbo blow

• shooting star

but they donā€™t wear helmet so no multiplier buff. I donā€™t know if concentrate/high guard are copy by clones
source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4YWM-SiJqA

What is your opinion ?

I want so much a cookie cutter build just to enjoy the game without reroll or have XX characters ("cause i became a casual player ! ^^)

1 Like

Corsair is definitely a viable pick for PVP, I think - since Murmillo has seemingly very useful gap closing potential, they could just hook you, jump on you, and kill you outright.

I think for PVE it comes down to how much damage armor break is going to give you against high level mobs and bosses, since youā€™ll benefit fully from your multipliers with the armor break (I.E. 100 points of broken armor = 100 points of base damage added to umbo blow = actually 2900 bonus damage after all your multipliers), while clones only benefit you w/ regard to their few usable skills and basic attacks with maces, which are only multiplied by strike debuffs.

Yeah Iā€™m currently at Pelt 2 --> Rodel 2 and thinking what im gonna take after Rodel 3 between Pelt and COrsair.

Hook really is worth it for PvP. But for PvE Butterfly would add an insane amount of damage to your rotation.

Side note, I like the new Murmillo costume.

Compared to the old one.

you like men in heels eeh? :kissing_closed_eyes:

High heels were original designed for men. And these ā€œheelsā€ look like sandals at best

1 Like

Damn need to do a lot math ! x)
I donā€™t know if break armor itā€™s interesting or not (for pve) 15 sec*2overheat
or if have clone could be better to burst.

I checked the other shinobi skill :

• kunai => low damage / pierce / no special attribute
  • mokuton => donā€™t understand how it workā€¦itā€™s nullify an attack ? AA ? Skill attack ? magic attack ? Itā€™s a self buff ?
  • bushin => good to burst
  • mijiin => deal 4812 damage (weal? strong ?) and stealth 8 sec after explosion
  • katon => 8 sec stealth mitigate damage

Donā€™t know if stealth is effective in pvpā€¦can i use skill when i cloack ? no damage if enter in AOE skill ?

@MaohTheGreat
good question :

• take pelt C3 give you more swash / more damage / one debuff
  • take C1 give you 2 CC and one utility (JR)
    Hard choice ! x)

i hope so, i have that same build but right now iā€™m more concerned about this new skill of the squire c3 because it says that it is not gonna work with 1h spear

Butterfly and Shooting Star only get +150%. Granted, they are also multihit skills, but I think Butterfly is only 3 hits? +450% is still pretty good, but it just puts it slightly above par for other pelt skills that get +400% and still beneath Umbo/Rim blow with their additional +330%.

Another little known perk worth noting about Corsair is that Jolly Roger will semi-reveal stealthed enemies by giving them a faint aura.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of disappointed. I knew Murmillo would affect Pel skills since they said so.
But they just really made my Sword C3 - Rodelero C3, look a lot wonkier.
Granted thereā€™s still Shinobi synergy, for 5x Pommel Beat + Strike modifiers from Rodel and Murmillo with 60% restrain, but I donā€™t get IMCā€™s decisions to make defense classes (Quarrel Shooter C3) and Peltasta contribute so much more damage to well actual dedicated damage classes.

I donā€™t really believe itā€™s a matter of Peltasta suddenly becoming too good. I honestly think Swordie C3 is just really bad outside of Restrain.

Eh but restrain is really, really good.
So is Pain Barrier.
In general all these low level attack skills become garbage unless they specifically give them help at higher levels.

1 Like

Nobody on ktos has changed into murmillo yet so iā€™ll hold off commenting as numbers on paper/PV videos can be very different in reality (eg. Doppel - what a disappointment for their so-called ā€œmeat blenderā€)

Was the blender not blendy enough? Is there a vid?