Tree of Savior Forum

Most competitive and/or fun Linker builds

The point was dandel is exceedingly rare.

Most people will tell you that you need Wiz3 to go Ele.

While I donā€™t believe thatā€™s true, with your build you arenā€™t bringing much to the table to make up for the DPS loss from not having Quickcast.

Not saying you shouldnā€™t go for it though. Just stating that it wonā€™t be optimal for obvious reasons.

Why Chrono? Pyro greatly benefit from the multi-hits buff of Thau also without fire pillar or Pyro C2 in general the leveling experience to reach FF will be a nightmare. I can see the point of your suggestions, (GO MAINSTREAM!! :joy:) with W3, Cryo3 or Chrono3 but I started so many meta builds from the beginning of this headstart and I got bored everytime, this time Iā€™ll listen to my guts. If swell brain was C2 the perfect build hands down would have been Pyro2>Link1>Thau2>FF but without Pyro3 or FF Iā€™ll sacrifice too much DPS and Iā€™ll absolutely need the huge INT boost of Thau3 (or so I think).

And going Wiz 3 would make me lose Cryo for the extra lighting damage %ā€¦ Hmā€¦

Also, while I respect your opnion on the charming Elementalist dress, CHRONOMANCERS MAN

2 Likes

If youā€™re going for the extra damage go Wiz 3 otherwise look at this thread on same vein:

1 Like

Hangmanā€™s Knot decreases enemiesā€™ AoE Def Ratio by 5 and pull all of them together.

That means even spells with very low AoE and AoE attack ratio can hit all mobs when theyā€™re packed together, mobs have 1,3,5 AoE def for small, medium and large sizes. reducing it by 5 means all mobs can be hit by any spell as long as it has any AoE (auto attack from wizards is a no) and all mobs are within that AoE. MM multiplies itā€™s number of hits when there are more enemies hit by it, so each multiplied MM would hit all HKā€™d mobs.

Chronos are very high up there right after ele. Bery cute indeed, but theyā€™re more of a support class, right?

Wiz3 instead of cryo you mean?

The thread is interesting, thanks!

Right now they are very support oriented, but depending on what ranks 8+ brings, if one can afford it would potentialy be extremely beneficial to have Chrono3 for Pass.

Also Haste makes the game about 33% more fun.

Wiz 3 > Link 2 > RC > FF and Iā€™m lovinā€™ it. My favorite combo is always Joint Penalty > Hangmanā€™s Knot > Sleep > Quick Cast > Rune of Justice cuz it just looks cool 8) (also does about 5k a tick, not too bad as most of the mobs have half their life gone afterwards). Currently grinding in evac area (lvl 238 map). Quick Cast > Blood Bath > Sure Spell > Blood Sucking also kills everything there in exchange for 1 full SP bar and sitting down for about 20 seconds at a campfire to regen (I have 30 SPR).

Edit: Early levels suck unless you party, reason being is not because itā€™s hard but because you really only have Magic Missile to kill things. Although linking and left clicking works fine, just get yourself squire and pardoner buffs to speed things up, especially for bosses!

1 Like

Ok I finally decided, Iā€™m going W1>Pyro1>Linker1>Thau2>FF and then Iā€™ll put one more point in Pyro, Linker or Thau as I see fit. What do you think of a 4Int:1Con progression? How do you suggest me to spend my skill points in Wizard1? EB/RS/Sleep maxed?

ehā€¦ after reading about wizard during this ungodly maintenance i think iā€™ll just pass. thau and chrono just look painfully boring to me. now to find a way to befriend a linker somehowā€¦

Wiz, Pyro, Linker, Thau, Linker, Pyro, Pyro

Flexibility, Damage, AOE

Pyro offers AOE
Linker offers CC, Assists AOE
Thau offers survivability,flexibility Transpose 1/2 Int, 1/2 Con

Stats? All INT

Iā€™m fairly certain the server lag was the cause of the broken psychic fireball combo. Just tested it again with 120ms latency and combo works. Something I notice though is that the distance the flames shoot out seems to either be random, or diminished affected by the fluctuating latency. Sometimes it has barely any radius and sometimes it shoots out really far.

Iā€™m happy it works now but itā€™s really up to IMC and their Amazon server hosting whether Iā€™m comfortable with building around it in the future. Iā€™m not gonna have my combo disabled half the time and still play it.