Tree of Savior Forum

Most competitive and/or fun Linker builds

Hello guys! I’m trying to find a good linker build that doesn’t fall off late game and remains enjoyable from the early levels. I’m not going full support so I need something with good DPS/Utility.

I read a lot of discussions and I came up with these:

1. Wiz1>Pyro 2 or 3>Link1 or 2>Thau 2 or 3: Multi hits, buffs, cool effects (my favorite).

2)Wiz1>Cryo1 or 2>Linker 2 or 3>Thau2: Variation of the one above, more CCs, better in PvP but less damage.

1. Wiz3>Linker>Sorc 2>WL: Good on paper but everyone says that Sorc sucks, bad AI, poor damage and not the best leveling experience thanks to Wiz3.

4)Wiz1>Cryo1 or 2>Linker1 or 2>Chrono3: Not a fan of this one, too much support and not enough damage but it seems popular.

5)Wiz1>Pyro2>Linker3>Warlock1: I don’t think that Linker C3 is needed but if I’m wrong this one seems solid.

I’d go with the first one but I’m afraid that Pyro will not be competitive/welcomed in end game groups so I’m torn. I’ll play mostly solo PvE but I’d like something a little viable in PvP too, I’m open to any suggestion!

Thanks for your time.

If im looking for fun with at least linker c2 i would pick FF for the smexy bloodbath. Just my preference tho, im still having a hard time deciding my rank7

I also want to do the DPS Linker thing with my new wiz. My current plan is:

Wiz3 > Linker > Pyro > Necro > WL/FF

Wiz 3 - dps boost
Linker 1
Pyro 1 - mostly just for burn debuff, which works very well with links. Not too sure about it though since I can get a 5% chance burn with ignition
Necro 1 - pretty good dps even with just 1 circle. Its drawbacks are solved by Wiz3 and Linker, which I already have in my build. Also, I have 2 friends who play archers so Decay is a big plus in terms of utility/dps contribution
Warlock/Featherfoot - Warlock seems strong but Featherfoot looks fun

Imho you should go Wiz1>Pyro>Linker>Wiz3>the rest for a superior leveling experience, Wiz3 is good but I don’t know why I don’t like it, is it really mandatory for a DPS build?

The most beautiful thing I ever seen in TOS :heart_eyes: Do you have more details about the build? Is it really viable or it’s just for show?

It used to be viable. I haven’t tried it in IToS yet, but its appoximately as strong as the icewall trick, if less focused. On the plus side, you can use it far more often.

If you have a higher level fireball, so it doesn’t disappear too quickly, you can put them inside a boss and just melt them.

Maybe someone tried it, come on guys share your feedbacks on the linker combinations! :grinning:

Ok these are my ideas:

Option number one [Combo Galore]
W2 (for surespell)>Pyro2>Linker1>Psycho2 (or 1 and FF/WL)

Option number two [Big Headed Support]
W1>Pyro2>Linker1>Thau3

Option number three [Safest Bet]
W1>Pyro2>Linker1>Sorc2>FF/WL

Option number four [Master of the Arts]
W1>Pyro3>Linker1>Necro2

I’ll start my character tomorrow so please make your vote or share your suggestions!

In regards to the pyro/psycho/linker combo I have gone pyro>psycho and I regret it… at least for now. Currently the combo simply will not function for me. It seemed sporadic at best even before it stopped working. I can pin a fireball to a wall with psychic pressure and no flames will shoot out at all.

I suspect this combo is broken by high latency or server instability. I can’t speak yet as to whether linker will magically fix the problem but for now I can’t even bring myself to play it any further. With f2p and more lag on the horizion I would caution you from choosing this if I’m right.

Well I guess this throw the first option out of the window, do you think it will work better with Linker?

I’ll test it out after maintenance and see if it works again. Like I say I haven’t tried Linker yet but everyone says it pairs well, it’s hard to say if it could fix whatever hit register isn’t occurring due to lag or not, and pyro actually holds up well under lag aside from that even if I can’t get used to it.

It’s important to note that everything else about Pyro holds up under lag in my experience, it’s better than any other class I’ve tried to play in lag, it’s only that specific combo which has broken for me.

I wonder why some builds are just “viable”, this game is not really balanced if you feel that you have to go with “mandatory” builds like W3>Ele3>WL for damage or Cryo3>Crono3 for support :disappointed: I mean if you want to go full DPS W3 is really hard to pass on but it’s so boring to level, I guess that the only thing that justifies Pyro is going hybrid so I have to find a good balance between Pyro, Thau and maybe FF (other than Linker C1 of course).

1 Like

Nothing is mandatory. I personaly love creative builds.

But cookie-cutter builds are optimized to fill certain roles. And with only 5 spots in a party, most groups will prefer the “meta” build they know it works.

I feel like the whole idea of ‘People make ideal parties and will pass over others’ is a little overblown. You’ll party with your friends first, guild mates second, and none of the content I’ve seen up to 240 really needs any amount of optimization.

Sure you don’t need optimization. And maybe the passing is overblown.

But whenever possible, I like to contribute more than everyone else, friends or not. Ego stroking helps dealing with insecurity issues!

maybe i can help you with my build… PVP /PVE wiz

Wiz>cryo>Link>elem>elem>elem>War

Forgot to leave mine:

Wiz3>Linker3>FF/WL

2 Likes

Wizard is one of the classes currently on the best spot. Pyro is good,scales well(due to almost everything being dot/multi hit),cryo is good(cc beast), linker is good, wiz3 is good, elementalist is good,thaumaturge is good,chromo is good and hell, you cam even make sorcerer work.

In my opinion, picking just linker c1 is a big waste of potential. At least linker c2 is a reliable choice for any build (since you don’t screw up really bad somewhere else).

The new perk for Token users that allows you to instantly learn skill attributes, made this class really OP, if you chose the wiz3 path, for example, you can deal tons of damage with the Joint Penalty + Magic Missile combo in early lvls.

I would go with Wiz3>Linker2>(youcandowhateveryouwanthere).