Tree of Savior Forum

Monsters not challenging enough

Hey, guys.
In my experience of one level 100 character, here are some field monsters characteristics (bad or good):

• Absolutely necessary to complete quests.
  • No viable experience to grind. (Can’t you just change their experience to 0 to stop confusing real MMORPG grinders?)
  • Zero challenge if you have a decent damage.
  • Farming an recipe item that has the same damage as the best 0.1% drop and it takes only one hour to finish it.
  • Can’t kill them if you are 15 ish under leveled. You will always hit 1 with any damage source.

About dungeon monsters:

They are field monsters but wielding high experience and 10x ish HP buff. It is still not challenging. Huge HP and huge damage doesn’t mean that it will be fun to fight with them. It means that it will take longer to kill it.

In Ragnarok we could pretty much challenge ourselves by going into some high level areas to kill them for fun, experience and drops.

So, teach me now, how true are these things?

2 Likes

Refer to this post:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/fu-ck-this-15characters/195174

3 Likes

Reach 200+ , you will find your challenge here. We are always on the verge of death against some fluffy, cute animal. They are more deadly than any boss you faced.

6 Likes

Alrighty then. I need to level up by killing weak monsters, doing quests and dungeons again for 100 levels (totally not repetition). Very fun time spent.

Then, I get level 200 to start playing the real game. This is a basic MMORPG mechanic, right? Oukay.

After, I will probably post something about needing a party to play every time I login because Tos’s definition of MMORPG must be different from every other game out there. Or every other game is wrong and Tos is right, this must be played multiplayer and singleplayer is done lul.

You could alternatively go to another map around that level-range with less difficulty, although the EXP will be lower.

Less risks for less rewards.

Lower risks, lower rewards. I completely agree, this will work.

BUT. Press skills buttons to kill enemies. Repeat. Get level. Repeat.
I thought some professionals were working on some cool game design to be fun to face monsters. Not like this impossible stuff those 200+ guys are telling us or easy peasy until 200.

Also, are you telling me that these ‘lower risks’ monsters are grindable? Exp is real compared to lvl 0-200 monsters (that give almost 0)?

you will miss these “weak” monsters when you get deeper into the game

the first introductory(pre-200) monsters aka newbie crushers are:
Loflems on main chamber
Lizardman Magician for melees
Wendigo Searchers for low def/low evasion people

others are high level monsters but basically these monsters would surprise you if it’s the first time you meet them

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Oh. If you’re bored of the PvE content then the only thing I could see interesting you is Earth Tower (Lvl 260+) and Instanced GvG / 5v5 Arena PvP.

And no, the lower-risk mobs aren’t ‘grindable’ by that definition. I’d really recommend you just party up for Alemeth Forest when you hit that level range instead of solo’ing-- just try it. It’ll help with your loss of interest too. As a Swordsman, I don’t think you’re going to be able to (efficiently) do that map or Nahash Forest solo.

1 Like

Ok. I will face challenges, very good! (No irony here)

BUT. How is this balanced? People said you die in a few hits. Full CON won`t save you. Party is needed every time.

Is there a concrete party searcher? Like, “Uh, let me play Tos. Ok, finding party to go grind field monsters. Nice, I’m good to go.” This happens every time you login? If yes, ok, awesome!

Otherwise, it will be like “Uh, let me play Tos. Ok, I need a party to play this game because it’s called massive multiplayer online. What? Not enough level 200 players to have fun with me? Ok I found a party, but it has no cleric. Useless then.”

In the end, 200+ is all about parties! If I have party I’m happy, otherwise the game can’t be played lul.

unprepared you die in a few hits, full con you die because you’re out of things to throw at mobs and it’s still alive thanks to putting everything in con (some full con builds work though! cryos, etc)

anyway what I did for lizardman magician was to stack them up while kiting, seism twice to make sure they’re all stunned and use cleave. plenty of ways to kill them but no longer the dumb “autoattack and they will die effortless” things you had before

1 Like

let me see, player under lvl 200 complainig about easy mobs, just reach maps over 220 and you will cry for the hards mobs, magic attacks, spiral arrows and knockbacks

“In my experience of one level 100 character.”

HAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

@kensote, @keeljoey255

If this post is your experience as a grown human being to talk respectfully in a forum ambient, then you have failed.

Criticizing a game’s design is not the same as mere complaint or crying.

Right now, I will play the game and reach this level 200 and face the hard mobs. If I were crying, I would just blame stuff with no arguments and say this game is bad.
I never said this game is bad. I was waiting to play Tos for one year and stuff like that, I really enjoy its premise.

People are saying that mobs from 200+ are very hard. I know by my experience that until level 100 is very easy.

Check these words: VERY EASY and VERY HARD. Balanced mechanics go in the middle. (Of course you can have very hard, but in dungeons!)

1 Like

Another game that we only find challenge on the end? Lame.

Yeah, that is weird for me too.

I mean, they did many betas and heard the players many times.
Final words from experienced game designers doing a global MMORPG: “Please play 100+ hours to start experiencing the game.”

Does the developers realize that is bullshit?
No wonder most games are a chore where you need to do quests like hell to reach end game, where the challenge comes, at least if the player survive until then, because I for example, if the game gets too boring or chorey, I stop playing before even reaching end game.

200 is not even close to the end…

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is reality of every single MMO these days. Is there any one of them where non-end game content designed very well? From what I experienced they are all like education curve for the end game.

Even in Ragnarok you have nothing to do on level 60 character (if it is not your very first one).

And exp on mobs here are real. Those who already hit level 280 get it by grinding. But you have no reasons to grind before level 150 or something like that, where the first real exp wall happens.