Tree of Savior Forum

Monster Spawning. Need higher rate?

This may be not related but I would like to tell you my dumb story.

When I was changing from Ranger c1 to c2 and asked to kill the Vubbe Fighter to find some book, I was worried as hell since the currently monster spawn system was bad. I actually did go to Crystal Mine 3F and killed abt 3 Vubbe Fighters after 45 minutes but didn’t get any books so I felt so hopeless.
Then I noticed the “Mine’s Village” part and felt sooo happy T___T

Well, it’s my fault that I didn’t fully check the mission. How dumb I am!

But really, the system right now doesn’t make the game enjoyable to me.

Vubbe fighter spawn rate is really bad!

the quest for glizrdons is so shitty, th spawn rate is 2 every 5 minutes and they spawn in random places, i remmeber sitting on my laptop for an hour then 1 finnaly came so i used the holy bomb, but the quest was bugged -.- so i had to skip it. 1 hr for nothing

Have you dont the kill 15 mobs in 2 minutes in the one owl map? Its worse than glizrdons. By far the hardest thing i have had to do so far in this game.

wut? lol im a cleric and i always clear that quest in less than 1 minute
non-clerics dont know the potential of cure and heal’s dmg

Ignoring this issue so it will ‘go away’ isnt fixing the problem, the players are ‘going away’ not the problem.

If the spawn system is like this when F2P goes live on the 10th, your game will be savaged on steam reviews and everywhere else, players WILL NOT give it a 2nd chance!

Please wake up and deal with this before the bots, players cant play like this on lvl200+ maps, the area’s are literally empty / dead.

They failed by making only some places for farm with incredible spawn rate, like bee farm, prison 2, truffles etc… Why did you make this? Did you imagine, how people gonna farm, if for example, on bee farm there’re 10 parties staying on 1 place trying to get that poor bees? Im saying after Tos goes F2P

My main issues with Spawn Rate is exactly what many have described.

The lack of meaningful areas to grind is really problematic in that whenever there is more than X numbers of players trying to grind in a map it will always become a war to see who gets the best spot.

That and the fact that MANY areas feels empty.

Me and my brother often laugh while questing about how we are playing “Tree of Emptiness”. Which while amusing is really sad.

A grindy game where monsters are lacking is extremely annoying. I can’t even imagine what would happens if there was more peoples in the best grinding zones…

There should be a system where that can detect how many peoples are at a certain places and spawn monsters accordingly. That and add MANY more monsters to areas that are nearly empty to make more grinding areas possible.

Grind is fun but not when you are constantly being inefficient because of lack of grinding zones.

Best example is waiting in one room in Demon Prison instead of roaming between 2 rooms, when it’s possible you nearly double your XP/HR compared to when you are stuck in one room because there is a party in each of the others rooms.

Literally the above example shows just how bad the situation is…

2 Likes

Quest Level 144: Farewell, My Friend (2)

The spawn rate is too fcking low and the area allowed to kill the monster (that will count on the quest) is also too fcking small, and not even mention the fact that only 5 monster that spawn on that narrow cliff, seriously the hell were they thinking when making this quest.

1 Like

That Penitence route quest is brutal if theres more than 1 person on that map.

I have no idea if this recent change for kToS will make any difference once it hits iToS IF it comes. I really hope it makes the game more playable, not a game of wait.

“[Etc.]
2. 일반 몬스터의 재생성(리젠) 시간이 2배 빨라집니다. ( General mobs respawn 2x faster)
3. Experience gained from monsters has been increased by 30% In the following maps:
-Tenet Church Basement 1F
-Tenet Church 1F
-Nevellet Quarry 1F
-Nevellet Quarry 2F
-Novaha Assembly Hall
-Royal Mausoleum 1F
-Royal Mausoleum 2F
-Baron Allerno
-Royal Mausoleum Storage
-Delmore Manor
-Delmore Outskirts
-Feretory Hills
-Mochia Forest”

http://pastebin.com/6U5ydByk

There is a lot of room for improvement even after these minor changes anyways.

Keep in mind that it’s imc who nerfed the spawnrate 5 months ago. At that time, we were instead asking them to increase the density.
So far, they showed no intent to go back… Imc best devs !

1 Like

Spawn rates really must be changed before f2p release, or game will have even more bad reviews on steam, i hope devs have at least a little sanity to not give this happen.

The game is about grinding. why would you decrease the rate imc? makes no damned sense. please update the spawn rate thanks

Spawns need to be at least 2x faster (probably more) for this game to work properly.

Hi, here to feedback that spawn rates need to be increased! also consider increasing not just spawn rates but mob density also.

As of now, it’s a totally unejoyable experience in finding mobs for quests/grinds.

This is desperately needed. It’s the worst thing in the game. 3-4 mobs seen a minute on many maps is outright ■■■■■■■ ridiculous for any game like this. All that running. And running. And more running. Oh wait, there’s one guy. Followed by more running and more running.

Excellent example:

IMC please, how is this supposed to be fun? LOOK at this. Look at how much emptiness there is. WHY would you do this? Please, fix it, it’s literally the biggest/most important/devestating issue in the game, as it ruins the gameplay itself. None of the other things mean ■■■■ when your game has a hard time staying fun.

Where’s the spawns we saw in the early game maps? Why does everything just go to hell in a hand basket? Why would you think that’s positive game experience. Watch my video. What about that makes these mob spawns seem like a good idea? The game’s got a serious issue that is killing the game play. Please, just make the rest of the game fun, as it stands the fun train stops the higher level you get for most field maps. That sucks. Surely that can be fixed?

7 Likes

Seconded, hell even icbt2 spawn rate was lacking imo. (Aside of demon prison 2 at least.)

low spawn rate is the hidden world boss. Its everywhere and unbeatable.

Its so bad, there’s only a few maps where you can propely grind, all the others are just deserts where 2-3 players can pretty much clean the whole map.