Tree of Savior Forum

Missing NPC in Owl Burial Ground?

If you actually go through the thread: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/report-3-bugs-npc-market-ui/115142

It’s been clearly mentioned that the rest of their party members DO see it, so being in one or not is extremely irrelevant, at best it could’ve been a party leader only issue, but this wasn’t the case, which is why, point already proven that it’s false.

Again, from a coding point of view, this is an extremely big hassle to ADD this kind of ‘feature’ to prevent you from obtaining the quest, while not meeting a list of requirements is a simple true/false check list before seeing it.

Thats the fact tho, there are no “requirements”. I played from level 1 to 110 with my girlfriend(on the same party). I could see it at level 110 and she could not(had the same quests).

1 Like

I’d say the fact that you were able to do a quest in a level 109 area, is already a glitch by itself, as normally you cannot do quests that are 10 levels higher than you, with the exception of hidden quests that require other triggers/events, such as the weight increase potions. It may actually be relevant to how far you have progressed or haven’t progressed.

I say this because: If you don’t continue your story quest in the starter’s area, the path towards the Crystal Mine isn’t blocked by crates/debris. This is the same concept. The NPC may not be visible when you do a certain action and will re-appear once you have fulfilled the checklist of requirements.

With the first paragraph in mind, I would say none of this matters, because it’s a secret, and not actually a bug.

I’m not really into the theory of “some obscure requirements” since I’m pretty sure I did the same quests and talked to the same npcs than @Zilox lol

I went again today to check if the npc is there and no luck. I wonder if we’re going to ever get a reply from @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn or @STAFF_Marikim . Would be useful to know if it’s a simple bug so we need to wait or if we’re missing something so we keep searching…

2 Likes

This quest actually part of hidden quest (Reward +20 SP potion). I believe there’s some requirement for it like all other hidden quest (that give sp,weight,stat potion as reward) but we just can’t confirm yet what it is to trigger up an NPC to show up. It could possible be a level, completed some part of quest, visit some map or completed some map explore, killing some monster or boss, have require item in bag, talking to some npc, time relate and many other thing else that can possible be a requirement to trigger it up.

2 Likes

Ok, we tried a lot of things with my gf to see what triggers the npc. The thing that made her able to see the npc is killing the maps mobs for a while, it may be actually killing the mobs or looting items. So the trigger is in the map, good luck ppl.

4 Likes

When I finished all the quests on Owl Burial Ground Thomas still didn’t appeared. But in the next map Poslinks Forest there was more owl npcs.

I didn’t come right back after finishing those, somewhere said you should finish the mausoleum to him show up, but before finishing there, he was alread in the right place :smiley:

long story short : I think you only need finish all the quests in Owl Burial Ground and Poslinks Forest maps.

The NPC was missing for me, and I completed all quests on the map except for the golem one, I think. When my friend looked for him, he was there and he didn’t do a quest yet. When I invited him to party and went back to look for the NPC he was there (my friend was already before me on the map and the NPC, if it’s of any importance).
I thought it had something to do with the main story but we both hadn’t finished the Royal Mausoleum completely but had the new one ‘Someone is looking for you’ open.

@kate_meinol My friend and I both didn’t touch a quest in Poslinkis Forest yet so this is not the case either

I had the same issue just today and the surrounding players said they see the NPC :confused: I was surprised this thread has no logical answer yet, wth are they doing to us? lol

UP

Anyone had this answers now??

This seems to be the solution.

1 Like

Same problem for 2 days. Me and my gf, 100% same progress, she can’t see NPC. We tried to kill every mob, obtain every item etc :confused:

This is a dumb quest. With a permanent 20 max sp reward.

There are never enough mobs to get 15 kills with other people running around too. Even with the buff to spawn rates. PLEASE ADD MORE MOBS.

Same bug here, cannot see it.

How many mobs you need to kill? Have been killing for 2 hours straight :frowning:

not sure if that’s the solution. For me it worked to come back to this map a few lvls later. My bf could see it the first time we reached the map. I play supp maybe the total nb of kills (not on that specific map) has something to do with it.

PS. that was closed beta experience I did not reach the map now yet

1 Like

I will try to come back later too :slight_smile: during cbt i was unlocking the pink hair at 140 or something, so it might be connected with kills indeed.

yeah I think it was pretty much the same for me

I think you are probably right about this. It seems like most of the people having issues are people playing support for their significant other. So its is probably the total number of personal kills (so kills by your party wouldn’t count).

I’ve been solo this whole time, at level 113, can’t see the npc. Pretty sure number of personal kills is irrelevant.