Tree of Savior Forum

"Meta" builds after balancing

Rune of protection is a good alternative! But I don’t like rune of giants, it’s more a showing off skill than an actually useful one.

I’m considering this build wiz>cryo3>kino>rc>sage2.
I can explore full potential of ice skills + rune of ice, also I’ll have another good damage skills from sage. I don’t if I’ll miss kino3 tho. https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2133344hee.253545.2a374d7a85.1a5585.15254451.3a4a85a5

This happens only if u last hit the mob, or playing solo, so its better focused on aoe skills, and direct dmg instead of MAYBE borned spirits

About the CryoChrono build: you don’t actually need to go full SPR to make the Chrono half effective. You can go full INT and still be able to build SPR.

I was doing the numbers the other day and I found that with the right gear, it’s possible to get at least 379 SPR from equips: 50 from ID armors for a total of 200, 112 from Masinios Rod and 67 from Masinios shield. With that amount of SPR, Hydra Cards, and a full INT build you will be able to do far greater damage than just going full SPR especially considering that the Chrono bonus cannot exceed a total of 2x the base amount. Any excess SPR would simply be a waste. INT on the other hand counts double: it boosts Cryo DPS, Enchant Lightning and Lightning Hands. Comparatively, SPR will only boost Enchant Lightning.

Yes, I understand that the mentioned gear comprise no small sum, but think of it instead as food for thought. (However, since you’re eyeing a +16 Staff with Transcend, I’m guessing you’re fully funded :no_mouth:) Even just reaching 240 SPR with all ID equips (say, 40 from all 6 ID pieces: weap, shield, armors) will net you about 1.66x Chrono bonus while drastically boosting your Enchant Lightning and Lightning Hands. Given that the first of the latter two buffs is shareable, the party’s overall DPS will be much greater.

The only real problem that the setup will encounter will be when the level cap increases. The INT build will then experience diminishing returns unless new gear allows the Chrono to compensate for the larger cap.

Of course, given that you’re planning on purchasing said Staff this is all just superfluous… maybe. I’ll see myself out.

Hmm, this condition makes the skill less attractive… What skill distribution for WL3 do you suggest? Did you test dark theurge? I’m considering this one https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111bbbfff.2f3a657a85.1f3f9a55.1d25314f516585 , but if dark theurge is worth the investment…

how good is the sage synergy with cryo? it can expand the ice tree ? if its just that u could try Enchanter instead, it turns your psychic pressure (and gravity pole) into lightning damage with lightning enchant
So, frozen enemies + lightning pressure = +50% dmg on them

Sorc2-necro3 full SPR should utilize thaum1. The swell left arm attribute boosts damage of summons. And according to Kannushi, swell left arm has a hidden synergy with magic missile (doubles bullet count), so wiz3-thaum1-sorc2-necro3, full SPR. Or wiz-pyro2 for some DoT.

Personally, I think enchanter2 should be with cryo3-kino3, whereas sage2 should be with cryo3-chrono3. Reason is enchanter is lightning based, which synergizes with cryo. And enchanter can turn psychic pressure and gravity pole into lightning property. Sage2 in MY OPINION is more of a support/defense (blink, missile hole, portal), so it goes better with chrono.

I’m interested in your shadowmancer and alchemist builds. Can you explain the reason of your choices?

Hey, I also have a few wizard build on my own which I would like to share

1. Wiz1>Ele3>WL3, same as you. From the other thread which I posted questions about WL3, it is ideal to max invocation, 1 dark theurge, 5 drain (to drain the matk of the dark theurge spirits), max masterma, at least 1 in evil sacrifice and rest into PoA unless u like ghastly trail.

2. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Enc2. I took enc2 because i read that it has great synergy with cryo, and the buff changes kino skills to lightning.

3. Wiz2>Link2>Thau2>FF3. I’m thinking whether I should get Link1>Thau3 instead. If I do so, I get bonus from lifeline and higher level spirit shock. Plus i get to link 2 extra mobs. But then I will not be able to swell all 8-10 mobs with just Thau1, need Thau2 for it. Hope someone can shed some light

4. Wiz1>Pyro2>Thau1>Sorc2>Nec3. My summon build. Mainly made this because I want to summon shet. I was a cryo3 before the balance patch, but I feel maybe flame pillar might be better than Frost Tree now in terms of CC? Frost tree seems to freeze mobs but they are spread over a pretty large area since it doesn’t pull mobs, whereby flame pillar can paralock them in a smaller area. Plus it has a shorter CD. Hope someone can comment on this.

5. Wiz1>Pyro3>Thau3>Sage2. Probably full SPR to get the best effects from Thau3. Intending to change Sage2 into Onmyoji2 when the new class come, and get quick cast from THau3 sweel brain attribute. Also, full SPR seems to be good for Onmmyoji due to many high overheat and low cd skills that will deplete your SP quick.

For the FF build, if you are debating between link3-thaum1 or link2-thaum2, I’d prefer link2-thaum2. I assume you are full INT. Link3’s spirit shock is more efficient in a build that utilizes SPR. Plus I think this is a farm build? Swell body is more important in farming, whereas spirit shock is better at bossing.

Your build #1, 2, and 4 are exactly what I would do. And for your build 5, I’d do wiz3-thaum3-sorc-onmyoji. Wiz3 for sure spell and better earthquake, magic missile. Kannushi stated magic missile’s bullet count doubles under swell left arm. I gotta confirm that combo soon, I kept referring to him because I have not tested it yet :>

Hey guys any skill distribution for a cryo2 kino3 chrono3 ? also, would yo recomend me to use 3 froster lord cards on that build ? or there are any better options ?

Im loving cryo/kino/chrono as a support char but i don’t feel like cryo3 provides enough, the only good thing as far as i see its the increased duration on snow rolling, however that can be replaced by using an audra staff before casting it to increase it’s duration as cryo2 (unless im dumb and wrong), kino 3 on the other hand provides with gravity pole and rise, as well as all the attributes for kino3. Well i want to test kino3 with froster lord but im a little bit lost as far as skill points goes, so any help would be nice :smiley:

I am currently using the Cryo 3 Sorcer 2 Necro 3 build. With the cryo change the skills are freezing more, as I have 3 Hydras 10*, my attacks deal more damage when frozen, not to mention that my skeletons also do more damage to frozen creatures.

Another reason is the ICEPIKE skill, it helps a lot in area control (it’s catching many monsters) and has a very high damage.

I tested Thauma and honestly, the 10% damage did not make that much difference in the end.

4 Likes

That’s the build I was referencing earlier. It’s that good with the Cryo changes huh…I do have a couple Hydra card laying around but I do like my Linker…

Dumb question, but how did get the 379 number for SPR stats?

It’s a good strategy do get the more possible SPR from gear and invest in SPR just what is missing. After all, I have a full summon character that also will need SPR set. But maybe I’ll just focus on SPR forecasting the next level cap, as you mentioned.

About the staff, well it be a bit troublesome, because I don’t have mach time anymore to play, just casual, but I’ll get there some day. IMC will make things easier since it’ll be possible to trade transcended items via team storage. I have two regard horn staffs, so I’ll try to get +16 and then transcend it. If I don’t achieve it, then I’ll try with the Primus Raffye Staff.

Ah, I actually miscalculated that one: Its 389 SPR (I thought Masinios Rod gave 112), that would be:

• Masinios Rod: 122
  • Masinios Shield : 67
  • Primus Armor (40-50 SPR each) : 160 to 200

for a total of: 349 to 389.

I chose Primus Armors since Laitas only gives 114 for all four pieces. You’ll be hard pressed to find another hundred from some other source as I know of no accessories that do so.

1 Like

Sage Used to duplicate frost pillar with the micro dimension attribute. I don’t know if it still happens, because I don’t have the time to test the builds :<

Yes, it’s a strong synergy, but I considered choose Sage because of its DPS skills.

Nice piece of information! Thank you for sharing! I’ll consider one circle of thaumaturge on my summon build. An extra damage of 10% can be very useful with a strong card, even more with a legendary card :3

I agree with you, the synergy of cryo-kino-enchanter is something to pay attention to, but I really don’t if this synergy is stronger than the %factor from sage damage skills. Moreover, kino and sage also have an interesting synergy, since with magnetic force is possible to bring the mobs together and the use heavy gravity/ultimate dimension/micro dimension.

About the alchemist, note that I’m not that devoted with this character, because because I mainly use it to make potions. But to answer you, I choose pyro2 because of damage skills with low cooldown and linker3 to enhance dps from pyro, also because its own damage skills. I just realize that I made a mistake: this build should be full SPR, not INT, to maximize damage from linker. Other possibility can be (f. SPR) wiz3>linker3>alchemist3, you’ll have a good synergy between wizard and linker, also, not the best, but an acceptable buffer to your party. Actually I’m more likely to make this last one. I think that an alchemist focused build is not very flexible, so if have any thoughts, please share :slight_smile:

Concerning the sadowmancer build, same mistake: it has to be full SPR too, because SD drains too much SP. You can put only 70 on SPR as I read on the other topic, but as I’m going thauma3 full SPR is interesting to enhance swell brain. At last, I choose pyro more because of mob control. I have new ideas to this build, but I’ll share on the other topic (Post your desired wiz build after revamp!). Yes, I was to lazy to read it all, but in the end that’s exactly what I did, so lets keep the discussion there

1 Like

There’s the Kite Moor Set, it gives you 63 SPR: 2 x 17 (bracelet) + 29 (necklace)
Just an extra option to consider, because: 1)I’m not able to spend much time playing (almost not playing as a matter of fact); 2) This game seems that will be forever on beta: classes to come, rebalancing that changes a lot the game play, etc. So I’ll probably spending more silver with items necessary for the most part of my characters.

I’d like to share on this. I’m running Wiz2 Link3 Alch3 RC, and it’s functioning pretty well for me. It works as a support character, with the MDEF reductions from Spirit Shock and Rune of Destruction; and also the MATK buff from Spiritual Chain, it makes for a really strong magic-oriented support character. You also only really need 300 ish SPR, and the rest can go into INT, because Spirit Shock’s SPR modifier caps out at 300%, and the highest SPR available on a mob right now is about 300-ish as well, so you don’t really need to go higher. More on this here

For Shadow, I’ve tried running Wiz2 Kino2 Chrono3 Shadow2 and also Wiz2 Link3 Sorc1 FF1 Shadow 2. The first build is a more of a support DPS build, Kino for CC and Heavy Gravity to negate the flying penalty Shadow has, and Chrono for party + physical-oriented support. The second build is more DPS-farming-oriented, with Link3 to support magic parties and also group mobs well, FF1 for self healing and 50% Dark damage boost (curse debuff), and Sorc1 as filler since you’ll be 300+ SPR anyway.

Ah. I forgot about that one entirely. Thanks.

As to your sentiments about the game, I suppose I agree with you for the most part. In that case, it’s better to have transferrable assets than ones whose utility is questionable. Looking at it now though, Kite Moor doesn’t seem as good as other alternatives such as Lynnki Sit and, in addition, the latter set provides a better and more accessible set bonus.

Hi ! use full spr with this this build? or int?

SPR
Summon dmg is from spr.