Tree of Savior Forum

Mentor System for Characters

If your not going to read a post then what’s the point in you being here?

I did read the whole thread. As I stated in my post(Which you would know if you read at least four lines), instead of commenting on every suggestion each individual person made. I posted an entire idea of a mentor system, instead of just bits and pieces.
Mostly fully fleshed out, as an alternate to the OP’s suggestion.

To be fair to go to the line above and scrolled down and saw i wasn’t even half done and skipped the rest. Walls of text are very discouraging to read as they give the impression of a rant rather then a suggestion. (not saying you were ranting from what i can see after the line i read is the details of the system you would do).

I honestly didnt read all of that wall of text you wrote, but the main parts like:

Was answered on the various posts before yours, now you said you read the whole thing, and like i said on my last post, there are lots of stuff here that can be compiled and polished if thats the case, one person came up with an idea, we are discussing it, lots of people gave their opinion and tried to polish the OP idea, i for one am one of them, now you come here say you dont like the idea and with your wall text says:

Its like you are saying, “OP i dont want your idea neither the ones everyone gave here, so i will remake it my way.”

Honestly, if you want to expose your idea here its fine, if you dont like its fine, but dont try to pass over other opinions like that.

I dont know what is wrong with some people on this forum lately, they seem to be kind on the edge with stuff and end up throwing up here on forums, if thats the case the off-topic section is a good place to do that imo.

I didn’t pass over the OP or anyone else. I posted in this thread instead of making a new thread specifically to contribute to this discussion.

I gave my reasons for doing it the way I did. Talk about being on edge?
If you had actually read my post, you would see pieces of things that other people had suggested. You think I’m disregarding people just because I compile suggestions, flesh out ideas, and give a full description of what I come up with?

As I said, everything that has been suggested so far has been more similar to the Dynamic Level Adjustment feature in GW2. Just party based instead of zone based. There’s nothing wrong with this, it’s a great idea, but it’s not a “Mentor System”

Examples of other “Mentor Systems”: Aion Mentor System / Lineage 2 Mentor System

you guys just don’t get it, if you put a reward in the mentor system it will became the norm, it won’t be a option at all, “want the nice item or title?” “go mentor some noob”.

to me a much more elegant way to solve this would be just eliminating the bullshit system that doesn’t allow to receive exp from monsters 20 lvls above or below your level, the old Ragnarok system (before renewal) was better, i could help my little fellows killing pecos and still earn 15% exp, even on lvl 70, after i finished leveling with then, this make the card system much more worth while, i wouldn’t feel like wasting completely my time, i could hunt for minerals, card hydras and tharas and still earn a little exp (even if little).

if i wanted to enjoy the combat and not overkilling all the monsters, i just need to equip lowerlevel weapon, use low level skills, “problem” solved. the cards system, and most importantly, help your friend, should be reason enough to play on low level areas.

a mentor system to me sound a little pointless, but it can be a great idea if we can say that it would be a complete waste of the mentor time, in Ragnarok i could receive cards and a little exp, in tree of savior would be nice to have exp bonus for when the player go back to her/his normal leveling.

And then we have a flood of high level players leveling noobs all around the low level areas because they can level faster killing stuff in 1 hit whch is better than go kill stuff their level that take 3 or more hits, its perfect really? We already discussed that issue on an earlier post here, about reward it doesnt matter much imo, but just my or your opinion wont do, we are dealing with humans, the most greed race on this planet, for many, if there isnt something for then in helping others, they dont think its worth, one can come here and say, “Ah im not greed.” like hell you arent greed, we never have enough no matter what.

And one thing, the system is for all, not only for one or two, the ones being “helped” now might decide to “help” others on the future when they are on the right level to do so.

Maybe but tell me what are you going to give or do for me?

Nothing except the pleasure of my company lol.

“And then we have a flood of high level players leveling noobs all around the low level areas because they can level faster”

why is that a issue? why MUST fight only the high level monsters to level? i liked ragnarok because i was free to go about, it was somewhat realistic, no path set, there are dangerous areas, there are calm areas, each style of gameplay is more successful in specific areas, some can kill many weak enemies with one atk and earn enough exp, because numbers = hard, one mistake = mobs butchering you, and risk should be rewarded, right?

it’s is all in the gameplay, one agi knights(ish) will mostly prefer fighting one mob at time, so fight in the range of 20 levels is reasonable, but sorceress/wizards/priests/casterswhatever may prefer fighting against hordes, minimizing the mana cost for mob, not needing to rest to recover each 5 minutes.

about the greed thing, i am a optimistic and i won’t go to devolve in the issue, i will go around it and point out that, if you put a reward, a.k.a and advantage in the reward system, it won’t be optional, it will be the norm, to be a option it needs to go like this “if people want to help players, pliz do, if don’t, whatever”.

the game look like have a lot of areas, a lot of monsters, and if it is truly about exploration, it won’t be everybody who will manage to pass through all the areas, i want to explore, collect cards, but if i can’t even earn a little exp in the processes, then i will stuck leveling wise, i won’t be progressing and this is frustrating, the feeling is of be wasting time, areas that are underlevel became useless content and a burden, if the game is about exploration i should be rewarded for that, even if is a humble 0.02% exp