Tree of Savior Forum

Making a Sorcerer build

I just came back to the game after being on hiatus for quite some time (ever since news of R8 classes came out), and I’m trying to make a sorcerer build around Wizard C3. So far, I’m considering:

1. Wizard C3 > Linker C1 > Sorcerer C2-3 > (?)
  2. Wizard C3 > Thaumaturge C1 > Sorcerer C2-3 > (?)

[(?) referring to warlock or sage, undecided]

Any thoughts on which one is better? Or any better ideas (no, I am not going to go Pyro-Linker, just to get that out there)?

Why Wizard C3?

The reason most would suggest some combination of Pyro/Linker is because the two classes have good synergy together, JP/HK makes it easier to do damage with the summon, and Sorc lacks low-cd offensive spells to use while your summon is busy attacking. Cryo3 is another build I see fairly often since it also helps you support your summon with CC and gathering mobs with Frost Pillar.

Wizard C3 doesn’t have any real synergy with Sorcerer. A build centered around Sorcerer should have skills that support your summon, but Wizard C3 is a class choice for supporting the caster through Quick Cast’s attribute. Quick Cast doesn’t benefit Summoning at all, and the only skill it works on to my knowledge is Familiar and Desmodus/Evocation. In a Sorcerer-centric build, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to invest two ranks in Wizard for very little benefit to your summon when there are other options readily available with much better synergy (Pyro, Linker, Cryo).

I guess the better question is—are you more interested in a build that uses WizC3, or SorcererC2/C3? What kind of playstyle do you want to have with this character?

If your end goal is to go Warlock or Sage, it might be better to start there and see which classes work best with your final ranks. Having a rank or two in Sorcerer could still be a fine choice, but judging from the other classes you’ve listed, it doesn’t look like it’d be the centre of your build. Sorcerer would just be a utility rank alongside most of those.

1 Like

Uh sorry, wasn’t expecting such a detailed reply. Thanks for the effort.

I already have a pyro linker and a cryo kino, so I simply don’t want to make another of the same class.

I believe at some point of time in futute, I won’t be relying solely on my summons to do damage, and will be using casted skills more, so I went wizard C3. I initially wanted linker 1, but I heard magic attack is added to summons after riding on it in upcoming patches, thus I considered thaumaturge C1.

My main focus is adding as much dark damage along with summons possible, if you’re asking about my aim. Doesn’t need to be meta or “optimized”, just aiming for something workable.

Alright, so the goal is to use summons and buffs from Sorcerer as support for a caster build using Wizard C3. In that case, I think your best bet would be to build around Warlock. That will give you plenty of skills to make use of Quick Cast and deal damage alongside your summons, plus Warlock has an attribute that boosts dark-type damage since you’re interested in adding a lot of that. Sage doesn’t seem like it’d be as good of a fit to me, though I don’t have any personal experience with the class so maybe someone else could go deeper into that option.

As for Linker vs Thaumaturge, both are fine options for a filler rank. The magic attack boost from Swell Left Arm isn’t going to be all that significant at only lv5, unfortunately, but Summon Familiar scales off your magic attack as well, so that’s something. Thau and Sorc also work very well together since both have skills that scale off INT and Transpose lets you temporarily trade that INT for CON, allowing you to have both high INT for powerful summons and high CON for survivability.

TL;DR, I think something like Wizard C3 -> Thaumaturge/Linker C1 -> Sorcerer C2 -> Warlock C2 would suit you best, based on what I’m seeing here.

Hm if it’s not all that significant then I guess I’ll take linker. Thanks for the help!

sorc is weak now
wait korea patch that buff it, it’s will good at r8

sor2 core have many different build

wiz3link1sor2
cryo3sor2
link2sor2 (pyro1,cryo1)

rank7 necro1 if u use templeshooter
more pyro, more link, is fine
rank8 sage

rank7-8 warlock 2 for farming

pyro is stronger now
many ppl pair pyro2link2 with sor2
and yes… pyro carry sor :wink:

Is wiz>cryo3>sorc2>necro>sage a good build ? Thinking about that… The TS attack now is a missile type right ??? So necro r7 for decay… Tks alot ^^

NEVER go wiz3>thaum1>sorc2
If you’re going wiz3 and sorc2 in one build, you MUST have linker. Otherwise you’re going to be stuck with magic missile as your only damage skill every 20s or so.

But… Linker doesn’t have any damage skills either…?

LOL It is the one of the stronges damage class ingame as long as you have more than 1 enemy. You link 5-6 targets and use any damage skill or just atk, and everyone receives the damage. So, if you hit 5 linked targets with 1 aoe skill, then every target will get 5x damage. So, all liked targets are doomed to die pretty quickly. This is the best PvE(not boss) class in wiz tree for now.
Not saying that thauma is completely useless, specially for sorc build. Thauma is for pyro-link-thauma build, or for some thauma2 GvG because of reversi.

Hello,

I have seen a few posts mentioning a Korean patch that will make Sorcs better.

Do you have a link to it or know what they are changing? This would help me decide what to do.

Also, is there already good Korean builds that i can plan for? The Sorc would be an alt of mine so I do not mind having a build that will be better later.

Thank you.

lazy

I am not really sure what was lazy.

I found this post. This post shows current changes.

There are posts on these forums, Reddit, and people on Discord mentioning some future changes from KTOS.

I do not see anything on there that shows stuff that they already have on KTOS.

Of course this is a moot point if there is not actually anything on KTOS that has fixed sorc and people are referencing a rumor.

All of these are in ktos. If you don’t see a :doughnut: (doughnut) in-line with the date, then it’s a change that has only been applied in ktos and not yet in itos

1 Like

I see.

This makes more since now.

I am assuming that the below change is the biggest change.

[ DEC 01 ]22
[Riding: Enhance Ability20] attribute has been added
○ Increases the Physical Attack and Magical Attack boosted by the Sorcerer’s Magic Attack by 1% per attribute

I am fairly new to the game and I think the Sorcs look amazing. I know they are in a bad spot right now, but I was wanting to level one anyways planning for the future changes to fix it and not do a build that is viable now, but worthless later.

I am just trying to do my research before leveling and my class choice depends on the KTOS changes .

From what I can tell some people take Pyro just to get the fire necklace to bridge the gap so that makes me cancel that out. I see people take Necro to increase TempleShooter damage, but I am hoping future changes make it where we have a choice in the pet. I am still not sure on Cryo3 or Linker path.

Any advice on building for the future version would be greatly appreciated. You seem to know your stuff you had a very informative post aboce.

Thank you.

sorc2 is core of the build
other component is your choice

rank1-4
cryo3 huge cc, grind large amount of mob
link2 smaller target than cryo3 but share+multiplier damage, quick kill
wiz3link quick cast future proof, less link

pyro-link just an op agny that overshadow pre-buff sorc2 in itos, nothing special

rank7-8
anything with sage is fine, necro1 for templeshooter user
more circle of link, maybe more pyro or even warlock2 for farming/playing

u could make multiple sorc if u like it
anything is work if u playing it properly and invest your effort

i think you are already know what i said after your research
just try it

1 Like