Tree of Savior Forum

[MAJOR COMPLAINT] Market now requires cash to use + trading removed

This change is disgusting.
Defending this is even more disgusting.

17 Likes

Nobody will do this because if the item doesnā€™t sell it becomes untradable hue. Hard to say if thatā€™s a bug, or intended to keep people from overpricing things. Either way, I donā€™t think this will stick. Itā€™s likely just testing. If it still exists when OBT begins, then Iā€™ll start adding my voice to this argument.

1 Like

Donā€™t know about you guys, but our korean friends do not look very with happy with this change either.

2 Likes

This patch seriously hit me real hardā€¦

I was even almost prepared to pay like 70000won (in USD almost $70)
and that can wait nowā€¦

Like I meanā€¦ your not even allowed a situation like thisā€¦

Me: Oh? I got a weapon but I canā€™t useā€¦

Friend: Oh! I got a weapon also. This is your jobā€™s weapon, lets trade!

Me: OK

NO TRADE

ā€¦its likeā€¦ basic of basic have been removedā€¦I donā€™t know what to say alreadyā€¦

I could try to play until 170ish for KOBTā€¦ however
if things are not changing once i reach thereā€¦
I seriously have to reconsider about this game.

6 Likes

If this change is permanent, even people like myself that might have been able to live with it would wind up quitting due to lack of population from all the people that wonā€™t play with it. They should be smart enough to realize this, which is why I doubt this change will be permanent.

Itā€™s too bad that they donā€™t give explanation/reasoning for such changes in the notes to prevent (Or maybe validate) this kind of hysteria and reaction.

5 Likes

but apparently, number of game (eg closers and etc) actually commenced this no trade patches when they initially started the obt. and my friend says its because people consumes the content to fast developer actually commences patches like that. soā€¦there is still ā€¦ little higher chances they will commence this patches when first kobt will openā€¦ (though in iobt chances are much lower)

1 Like

If the changes stay in OBT, then I will complain because it will be more likely thatā€™s the direction they are going. This is currently a closed test and they could simply be trying to test something specific by forcing players into certain behaviors for a short time. For now,I see no reason to get worked up.

2 Likes

That was different. The devs explicitely told people well in advance that trading was going to be taken out so they could rework it entirely to prevent abuse among other things. Trading has since returned with a cap on the ā€œvalueā€ you can trade (besides money itself, the game calculates a rough monetary value for the items youā€™re trading). You can not trade more per day than the maximum value allows. (Not even by cashing mind you)

Well my point is that even if its different reason, they still did commenced and because of it, there is still chance that this patch may preserved till OBT. Iā€™m still considering this outcomes and take in account for coming obt. Itā€™s better than getting surprised slap : /

1 Like

Well that sounds dumb.

Hopefully this is more of a Korean/Nexon only system and we will be saved but wellā€¦ ToS monetization has been a mystery since day 1.

1 Like

What if the tax is applied when adding the item to the market and 1 TP (when you have any) consumed when you sell the item? It could have an alert/popup that you sold it. If you have 0 TP you would still sell it but wonā€™t receive any notifications about sold items.

Itā€™s still TP-consuming but works better.

I think Iā€™d actually be okay with some crucial stuff like trading being disabledā€¦ but only if all that was needed to enable it was a one-time fee.

But the ā€œa few iCoins per hourā€ thing is an interesting mechanic as wellā€¦ assuming itā€™s not for beta-purposes only of course c___C

One thing I feel like is important when it comes to this topic, is that anything that can be bought with real money, should not be impossible to obtain without it (cash-shop items can be traded/sold, premium boosts or similar stuff being in the form of an item that you use to activate it, which can be traded/sold as well etcā€¦).

Random thought: would be interesting if all real-money stuff would be implemented in a way that itā€™s ā€œgiftā€-friendly, so rich players have the possibility of spending money for players besides themselves as well.

This is a very important topic and I feel like weā€™re still way too much in the darkā€¦ we need some official info about how they plan to finance this game already.

This isnā€™t beneficial to either seller or buyer, itā€™s simply something that would kill the economy and remove a good gold sink from the 10% taxes on the very frequent transactions from the old system. I mean, if they want to kill the economy because gold sellers will abuse it, they might as well just disable the game entirely because people are going to abuse it somehow.

5 Likes

Hmmm, it seemed pretty easy to acquire coins. Was there a changes to that? I mean I was sitting on several hundred coins by lv 130. Not sure it would deter gold sellers much besides inflating the value of cheap drops. Even with that said itā€™s probably just Nexons idea as Shiro pointed outā€¦

iā€™ve heard that coin rewards for character progression will be switched to silver rewards.

1 Like

IMC just dont kill your own game, you have potential to be good, but as a lot of people said Im going to QUIT if this stays because its just stupid and there is no other word.

I even prefer to wait untill a private server with competent people in charge opens lol, even if it takes years.

1 Like

Iā€™m laughing so hard right now

Welp there goes another thread.

As distasteful as I find this update, I think we need to be patient, we may only be seeing half the story. Plus this might turn out not to be the case for the international server later on if it really is what it seems.

Being patient is the most stupid thing one can do right now.
They test something horrible and need to get feedback accordingly for it.

I can not actually understand what is wrong with IMC to even come up with an idea like that. I can neither understand how some of you actually try to defend or accept such a system.

How about we make map changes cost TP. Or even better, make skills cost TP instead of SP? Letā€™s throw TPs at monsters to make them killable. Sounds as legit for me as these market changes.

9 Likes