Tree of Savior Forum

[MAJOR COMPLAINT] Market now requires cash to use + trading removed

And the first post to that topic you linked is a staff saying they WILL LOOK INTO IT.
So if anything you just confirmed they did notice it, but again “no siren”

Did you look at the links there? All of them see the ‘result’, not identify the cause.
So the information given is it exists, not how it happened (also there’s possibility some of them is lag and people’s sprite don’t move on your screen but they’re actually at another location, often seen if you go for the gravity pad chest in Legwyn where you’d see people’s sprite run into wall then next thing they teleport over to the chest)

Also, the nature of hacks and bugs are different. Bugs is something within the game’s code, and can be found/fix by looking into it. Hacks generally come from outside the game so they can’t ‘fix’ it, at most ‘prevent’ the method hackers are using.

seems like you havent read my entire reply… alright, lemme just requote myself then

Dude, trust me I know, I’ve been dealing with codes and debugging for 9 years now. They aren’t bugs as there was one who posted otherwise with a detailed listing on how to replicate as well as screenshots to back the claim. They’re hacks for sure as they are exploiting by manipulating the client-side scripts located in hotkeys.xml…

I dunno, I’m much of a reader, but crediting authors ain’t really my strong suit :persevere:

Anyways, lemme just get back to you the moment I bump into that thread again.

If you mean the ‘take any quest you want’ that started the whole thing, it’s not a hack (at least not in my book) but rather exploiting a loophole in the coding since it’s using something in the game in the way dev didn’t intend for. (Similar to dragging world raid boss into city in vanilla wow or the paladin one-shotting world boss by stacking up counter attacks)

And I did say to move the actual method to PM to avoid exploiters…get ignored…then exploiters do their thing and crashed channels…

Maybe they were still looking into it then?

After all the link only showed the result, and it’s not until the hotkey thread they we get actual glimpse into the how.
But from that point they have what? 2 days?

On the other hand, things like people typing in color/large text is not something that carpet bomb solution will work.
If you ban those special code, then you’ve just disabled chat emote and item linking (or even party invite tag)
If you ban only specific thing, they can find the stuffs that isn’t banned and still do something. (and the…less-informed crowd will cries “it’s not fixed!” for them)

Can you please take this off topic discussion to PMs or another thread that actually has anything to do with it.

2 Likes

Character creation and 1st location is avalible (kr obt), no trade in game (yes, they removed it) and still no answers from dev team… Srsly? You just ignoring this thread?
HP/MP bars under your character still disappearing after ingame quest videos, but you prefered to do this stupid, pointless and useless feature - removing trade and braking auction house…

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the quest, class and frames bugs haven’t been fixed, ppl who play kobt are saying

Day #5 and still no response. I would like at least a response from the staff that they are considering this @STAFF_John, @GM_Erick

Also, the most recent article shed some light behind their business:

Park Sangwon
= We do have a direction we’re thinking of. We’re thinking of a real money item related to trading. We don’t want to just hinder trading regardless of conditions. Recently there’s been games that rejected trade systems and we also want to limit trading and we’re planning on making an item that allows you to trade freely.
The reasoning is important. There’s been a lot of concerns about whether this makes the trade systems too inconvenient or uncomfortable to use. However we want to limit trading a little bit to block off Real money sellers and exploiters. (TN: I may have mistranslated and I’m sure anyone who’s more familiar with the terms as part of the Korean gaming culture have better ways to say it. But the gist is that the developer’s reason for limiting us from trading freely is b/c they want to make it more inconvenient for people who would use the auction house/trading systems unfairly) There are situations where the value of hard earned items and effort by users are damaged due to real money sellers or exploiters. We think we can have variety of items presented based on this model. We’re also thinking of having variety of costume items. (TN: I’m sorry but you’re also conveniently omitting the bigger reason. Getting $$$$$$$ from us in every transaction.)
In addition there’s going to be variety of bonuses from getting items via trading, and we’re planning on having PC room promotions to provide such bonuses. (TN: may have heard of PC bangs, specially in Korean esports context. same thing, but I’m translating the bang part too. People mispronounce it all the time anyways. My real question is, so what do we internationals get for trading as you’d have it? Give us some service too~)

Sigh, really hope this doesn’t pass on to the international version. Having to pay money for a token to trade is bullshit. The RMT argument is just an excuse, all they really want is to monetize trade.

2 Likes

RMT issue is not an excuse, all games are plagued by RMT seriously.
None of the game successfully tackle it without limiting the players trading so far.
However, require TP or monetize the Trade system is something really wrong, it is still P2W in different form.

There are few suggestions already stated:
Avoid Flipping: All items are only trade-able for once.
Avoid Gold seller: All items should limited their selling value / No transfer silver, or the min/max value to transfer is depend on the item listed in trading window
Family lodge storage: Give mechanism for same family silver/item transfer

Min/max value - totally bs, BDO prove it, it’s killing live economy.
Funny thing, i saw the same sht in BDO on release (BDO and ToS have same no-trade system) - guild. I remember how our guild leader was playing - 24/7, because he need soooo much money for guild quests, guild payments etc. and noone cant help him because of NO TRADING :smiley: idk how things are right now with new patches… But it would be the same sht in ToS - idk how much you will need for guild stuff after creating guild - but you need min 10kk (or 15, didnt remember) silver for guild creating, and your fcking guild cant help you reach this money :smiley:
im raging about no-trade games…

5 Likes

Also TP points are generating (2 hours i guess for each one) for max 5 points. So it seems like you can use it freely… 1 AUCTION SLOT FOR FREE!!

Should instead change the genre from mmorpg to single player with a chatroom -_-

No need for that, just limit the amount of silver you can trade base on character level. So if you wanna trade a high amount of silver you need to use a high level character. Now that wouldn’t eliminate RMT but sellers are much easier to detect and ban.

That combine with item listing on market will appear after a random amount of time will make it hell to do RMT.

I don’t see why we need to live with a limited trade system, really.

2 Likes

The answer is lazy and greed

10m to create a guild, 5m to create a tower

There was (or still is?) 2 hours delay before items appear on auction and people already start raising the pitchforks.

No, people complains because after that 2 hours delay, your item only lasts 2 hours on the market (unless you pay cash point). If there is no time limit for listing items (only slot limit is fine) then there would be no issue when your item appear on the market

that hinders everyone but PMTers, they dont really care about such a system: silver buyer just puts a useless item for huge price and waits until seller buys it out. If someone else buys that useless item for that huge price - its win-win for both seller and buyer.

By making cash shop items tradeable in-game commodity developers can limit RMTers - why would you want to risk your account being banned if you can buy things from cash shop and sell them to players for silver legally? Its a triple win situation: IMC gets their $, seller gets his silver, buyer gets cash shop item for silver. Tera and Eve successfully done that.

As I said, this isn’t meant to eliminate RMT, nothing can do that. It just becomes easier to detect silver seller and ban them.

[quote=“nizidr, post:260, topic:124971”]
By making cash shop items tradeable in-game commodity developers can limit RMTers - why would you want to risk your account being banned if you can buy things from cash shop and sell them to players for silver legally? Its a triple win situation: IMC gets their $, seller gets his silver, buyer gets cash shop item for silver. Tera and Eve successfully done that.
[/quote]Most silver sellers will sell at a better rate than selling your cash item. Yes, tradable cash item will help somewhat in limiting silver sellers, but not eliminate them. Maple Story did that and I can see RMT advertising everywhere in the free market.

I think we should also limit the world shout functionality until character level 100 or so to prevent that as well.

not sure how can you detect seller if buyer puts a lot on the market (and hides his identity).

All trades are logged and GM/Dev can access to see who perform the purchase. It’s not a thing players can see, but very easy to check on game server.

Also how will the seller know which trade is the correct buyer if the identity is hidden (it’s not a choice now, all trades hide the owner) and only appear after a random amount of time?

By using specific item with specific price (Banshee spirit matter for 5.432.101 silver) or named item.