Tree of Savior Forum

[MAJOR COMPLAINT] Market now requires cash to use + trading removed

the staffs and gms wont be here for a while

i bet they want to monitoring this thread a little bit more

This.

With planned 600 level content they can easily release an expansion every 6 month or so from current content. Sorta will encourage them to release content every now and then to support the cost. Sorta like Guild wars. I’m fine with cash shop on the side selling cosmetics and storage upgrade as long as no p2w.

1 Like

I’m worried since none of the gms are responding.
Hopefully they will soon.
I’m not one to get worried but I am.

2 Likes

AlsoI forgot to mention they have supporter designer packs which let founders make extra weapons or content for the game balancing and quality control still have to go through the development team tho

C’mon IMC, you can do better than this!
I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Good luck !

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from General kTest Thread:

Woooooow. Having Korean net cafe bonuses is one thing, but having such nonsensical bonuses? 3/5 of them are so over the top. RIP Korean players.

The link compiles some hack reports that have been reported early November:

perhaps ‘ignore’ was such a poor choice a word in this case, as the GM did reassure with a post that they’d look into it; then again, sh*t still happened three weeks later.

P.S. to the OP and the rest, this will be my last digress, thanks and peace out! :sweat_smile:

I fear they will replace kcafe with vip system on iTOS lol…

2 Likes

U are not the only 1 the whole thread is

I remember PSO2 also has a special NPC that caters to those who play on certain Cafes in Japan…

That screenshot pretty much confirms that the Market will stay that way on Open Beta and eventually Full Release…

That Movement Speed though…
Even PSO2 Cafe Bonus does not have things like that…

And the first post to that topic you linked is a staff saying they WILL LOOK INTO IT.
So if anything you just confirmed they did notice it, but again “no siren”

Did you look at the links there? All of them see the ‘result’, not identify the cause.
So the information given is it exists, not how it happened (also there’s possibility some of them is lag and people’s sprite don’t move on your screen but they’re actually at another location, often seen if you go for the gravity pad chest in Legwyn where you’d see people’s sprite run into wall then next thing they teleport over to the chest)

Also, the nature of hacks and bugs are different. Bugs is something within the game’s code, and can be found/fix by looking into it. Hacks generally come from outside the game so they can’t ‘fix’ it, at most ‘prevent’ the method hackers are using.

seems like you havent read my entire reply… alright, lemme just requote myself then

Dude, trust me I know, I’ve been dealing with codes and debugging for 9 years now. They aren’t bugs as there was one who posted otherwise with a detailed listing on how to replicate as well as screenshots to back the claim. They’re hacks for sure as they are exploiting by manipulating the client-side scripts located in hotkeys.xml…

I dunno, I’m much of a reader, but crediting authors ain’t really my strong suit :persevere:

Anyways, lemme just get back to you the moment I bump into that thread again.

If you mean the ‘take any quest you want’ that started the whole thing, it’s not a hack (at least not in my book) but rather exploiting a loophole in the coding since it’s using something in the game in the way dev didn’t intend for. (Similar to dragging world raid boss into city in vanilla wow or the paladin one-shotting world boss by stacking up counter attacks)

And I did say to move the actual method to PM to avoid exploiters…get ignored…then exploiters do their thing and crashed channels…

Maybe they were still looking into it then?

After all the link only showed the result, and it’s not until the hotkey thread they we get actual glimpse into the how.
But from that point they have what? 2 days?

On the other hand, things like people typing in color/large text is not something that carpet bomb solution will work.
If you ban those special code, then you’ve just disabled chat emote and item linking (or even party invite tag)
If you ban only specific thing, they can find the stuffs that isn’t banned and still do something. (and the…less-informed crowd will cries “it’s not fixed!” for them)

Can you please take this off topic discussion to PMs or another thread that actually has anything to do with it.

2 Likes

Character creation and 1st location is avalible (kr obt), no trade in game (yes, they removed it) and still no answers from dev team… Srsly? You just ignoring this thread?
HP/MP bars under your character still disappearing after ingame quest videos, but you prefered to do this stupid, pointless and useless feature - removing trade and braking auction house…

5 Likes

Meanwhile, the quest, class and frames bugs haven’t been fixed, ppl who play kobt are saying

Day #5 and still no response. I would like at least a response from the staff that they are considering this @STAFF_John, @GM_Erick

Also, the most recent article shed some light behind their business:

Park Sangwon
= We do have a direction we’re thinking of. We’re thinking of a real money item related to trading. We don’t want to just hinder trading regardless of conditions. Recently there’s been games that rejected trade systems and we also want to limit trading and we’re planning on making an item that allows you to trade freely.
The reasoning is important. There’s been a lot of concerns about whether this makes the trade systems too inconvenient or uncomfortable to use. However we want to limit trading a little bit to block off Real money sellers and exploiters. (TN: I may have mistranslated and I’m sure anyone who’s more familiar with the terms as part of the Korean gaming culture have better ways to say it. But the gist is that the developer’s reason for limiting us from trading freely is b/c they want to make it more inconvenient for people who would use the auction house/trading systems unfairly) There are situations where the value of hard earned items and effort by users are damaged due to real money sellers or exploiters. We think we can have variety of items presented based on this model. We’re also thinking of having variety of costume items. (TN: I’m sorry but you’re also conveniently omitting the bigger reason. Getting $$$$$$$ from us in every transaction.)
In addition there’s going to be variety of bonuses from getting items via trading, and we’re planning on having PC room promotions to provide such bonuses. (TN: may have heard of PC bangs, specially in Korean esports context. same thing, but I’m translating the bang part too. People mispronounce it all the time anyways. My real question is, so what do we internationals get for trading as you’d have it? Give us some service too~)

Sigh, really hope this doesn’t pass on to the international version. Having to pay money for a token to trade is bullshit. The RMT argument is just an excuse, all they really want is to monetize trade.

2 Likes

RMT issue is not an excuse, all games are plagued by RMT seriously.
None of the game successfully tackle it without limiting the players trading so far.
However, require TP or monetize the Trade system is something really wrong, it is still P2W in different form.

There are few suggestions already stated:
Avoid Flipping: All items are only trade-able for once.
Avoid Gold seller: All items should limited their selling value / No transfer silver, or the min/max value to transfer is depend on the item listed in trading window
Family lodge storage: Give mechanism for same family silver/item transfer

Min/max value - totally bs, BDO prove it, it’s killing live economy.
Funny thing, i saw the same sht in BDO on release (BDO and ToS have same no-trade system) - guild. I remember how our guild leader was playing - 24/7, because he need soooo much money for guild quests, guild payments etc. and noone cant help him because of NO TRADING :smiley: idk how things are right now with new patches… But it would be the same sht in ToS - idk how much you will need for guild stuff after creating guild - but you need min 10kk (or 15, didnt remember) silver for guild creating, and your fcking guild cant help you reach this money :smiley:
im raging about no-trade games…

5 Likes

Also TP points are generating (2 hours i guess for each one) for max 5 points. So it seems like you can use it freely… 1 AUCTION SLOT FOR FREE!!