Tree of Savior Forum

Low Rank Clasess fall off

Much like you mine.

and yet you decide whether a class is ‘meta’ based on their damage output alone, such way of thinking will totally bring diversity…

I’ve seen every single classes in the game picked by someone in some build, so either your idea of diversity is completely different than mine or apparently this isn’t ‘diverse’ enough for you.

Tbh Scout feels like forced class to put in archer tree. It doesn’t give anything useful, just SELF-invisibility, wich isn’t gonna help allies - quite lame for a “support”, dont you think? If Rogue would get Cloaking and removed Burring rogue would be perfect class that has cool self buff and good dmg (with karacha set).

All of Scout spells are either copy of other classes spells (Flare shot vs Magic arrow - flare shot is weaker version; Split Arrow vs Oblique Shot - here split arrow is better BUT it doesnt scale well making it pointless to aim for it if it can’t keep up with the dmg and might as well stick to spamming oblique shot for 0cost spammable bouncing aoe and pick stronger rank class instead of scout c3) or it has useless spells (flu flu IS useless, sorry but thats a fact, its effect is pointless and has low dmg to the sp cost it have + long cooldown makes it not worth using; hiding in barrel is useless 99% of the time - you might use it when your grinding for exp group overdid the lure of physical melee monsters, but wont help you vs magic types or ranged ones anyway, so it is very limited in use + you cant use your attacking spells while in barrel wich also such, especially that you cant combine it with kneeling shot because of that; distortion is just pointless buff that doesn’t help your team even, because it makes them deal a total of 1 extra member of dmg if all of them attack but it excludes your own dmg from calculation because you will be waving, making it counterproductive (especially that archer class can have highest dmg in your team if you pick high damaging ranks), so using it makes your team deal less dmg overall AND drain a lot of your SP in process).
Did i miss something? OH yes scan - whats the point to use it if you could just use damaging aoe in its place that will not only reveal but also hurt the enemy if it happen to be there.

Scout is just 1 big mistake that imc doesnt care about. Nobody in their right mind should aim for scout c2, not to mention c3. Maybe if Split Shot had nice dmg scaling some people would consider picking this gimmick class, despite other spells being lame for this class.

I have made suggestion to scout improvements, but it seems imc didnt read or ignored them. OH WELL, thats 1 less class for archer, coz scout is so bad its like non existant choice.

And do you think people werent picking those for testing? Have you asked how these people feel for their choice? I did archer c3 scout c3 and i was seriously dissapointed, except for the Split Shot being nice. But now it seems Split Shot will be underpowered comparing to other class choices in archer tree so there is no reason to pick scout higher then c1 anymore.

Who knows? I thought Swordsman c3 is crap but turns out Restraint + Doppel’s whirlwind = spin2win in PvP (if you get stunned once you’re like to get hit by another stun before you recover) so there’s probably reasons they’re making such builds.

And some people do pick classes for role-play purpose.
This game doesn’t strictly requires the holy trinity (tank DPS healer) so if you’re too focused on “MOAR DEEPS” mindset then you’ll misjudge things.

Even with scout it depends on what you were doing with it:, PVE,PVP, GVG, Towers?. I’m surprised you took scout for the damage honestly.

Talking about low rank damage i think i just make a example on my pasta C3 build.

Orange Tama have like 2494 hp with plate armor.

1st str and dex stat not gonna work on High Guard.
But with High Guard + Umbo Blow combo and if i remember correct i level up Umbo blow Enhance to lv50~60.
( this weak attack spell just have 516 damage.)

The trick to active 255% overkill is use High Guard + Umbo Blow combo at the right moment .Use it went mob start to hit you with guard defend and most of the time you can hit 2~3 mob in group with overkill.

Sound like tricky is it ?
You just need know what is right to build at the right moment.

And can some body do some mathematics why it do over 6000 damage or it just a bug .__.? and this is ICBT2 testing…
I can KO Orange Tama with just 1 or 2 hit only and gonna feel weird if it a bug…

edit:
also count Critical Rate because i make some random stat with reset scroll

1 Like

Let’s say you have 150 attack after High Guard’s reduction and the monster’s defense.

At 2494 HP you’ll need to do about 8800 damage to get 255% overkill (and around 7500 if from half HP)

So 516 + 150 = 666 base damage.

+100% from Umbo Blow stagger bonus on Plate.
+330% from High Guard attribute

50% more for Strike->Plate

50% more from Enhance

666 * 5.3 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 7942.05 before crit.

Just 666 attack O__o?

Thank for the info.

Split shot have base 600 on first hit but bounce from it hit 200% higher, making it awsome vs summoners or in group pvp, as well as good spell for grind. At least thats how it used to be in icbt, before they added some ridiculously high dmg on r7 classes and basically killed the purpose to pick c3 scout at r6 for damage sake. It used to be painful but rewarding route to go c3 archer c3 scout without Oblique shot (to not have spells that you wont use later on after you get split shot), but atm it seems like very bad build. Fletcher now got upgrades to dmg too, and its better choice overall, though still weaker then r7 ranks but far stronger choice for the r6 pick.

Yes scout was a dmg option, it no longer is. It got overshadowed.

What previously seemed to be a rewarding tough route without picking spells that help level up easily for the sake of the future build is no longer good. Heck it seems imc doesnt want us to build anymore and just want us to rush through the game with best class choice that all the cool kids will pick and say good bye after you get bored of being like everybody else.

Anyway f2p is in june but they already releasing game in 22th march, wich means they wont make any of the needed changes and scout will remain crap.

Nothing to do here then, time to search for different game. Not sure if i will come back here at june. Wish you all good luck with this game wich was one like a dream mmo but got killed with bad decisions from devs/designers team.

Exactly this. I didn’t bother explaining anymore though. I already posted a screenshot of how OP Scout is on bosses as long as there’s a Pyro + Linker around WHICH is usually the case even outside parties like world bosses but now, what’s the point of picking Scout when there’s Fletcher who gives -75% def, 0s cooldown AOE with better aoe ratio and a 2500% damage skill with 5s cooldown w/o needing the help of a Pyrolinker.

Reference: One shot of Split Arrow bouncing to two Fireballs linked to the boss http://i.imgur.com/RiFOAaa.jpg

P.S. It’s really funny how "NON"creative people who can’t think outside the box say Scout is a dumb choice as DPS

Isn’t that a lv 200 vs a lv 94 boss?

Funny how the point completely went over your head. I guess majority of forumers are really like this.

Let me make it clear then. It’s not about how a Lv200 fights a Lv94 boss. It’s about showcasing the potential of Split Arrow.

Split Arrow is a 0 second cooldown skill that launches an arrow that splits into two more arrows that does x2 damage of the original.

This creates a very powerful synergy between a Scout and a Pyrolinker because you can link 2 fireballs to a boss. What the Split Arrow would do is once it hits the boss directly, the bouncing arrows jumps to the fireballs and since the fireballs is linked to the boss, it redirects the damage recieved onto the boss technically making Split Arrow do x5 of it’s original damage.

Right, I’ve read the other posts and followed pretty easily. I didn’t comment on the other stuff because I wasn’t refuting anything. I addressed the level gap specifically because IMHO it was the only thing to refute because it was misrepresentative.

Ok, then showcase it in content that matters. That level gap is a HUGE increase in damage and sorta misrepresents the skill. If someone invests in scout for damage because he saw 3-5k bouncing hits, he’s in for a huge disappointment when he uses that in relevant content.

It’s like the guy saying max lv [sacrament] is good because of a video showcasing the damage on dark mobs with a huge lv disadvantage.

Not disputing the other stuff.

Seriously? You’re going to argue with that kind of logic?

It doesn’t matter if the level gap is huge or not, also, the damage is gear dependent and obviously, CBT2 did not have better gear options. So please stop being so dull about this.

You do not take a look at the damage dealt, you take a look at the potential of the skill. Let me give you more in-depth details then. I just really hope you can follow this.

Majority of skills have a 100% modifier by default. Modifiers takes from your base damage. As most basic example for this, let’s say Thrust of Swordsman. The skill description says it has 56 damage at Lv1 but even if it just shows 56, how does it scale as you level? Reason is because of the modifier. In short, a skill deals modifier%+fixed damage. For Thrust’s case, it has 100%+56 damage at Lv1. If your base attack is 1000, then the “base” damage of Thrust becomes 1000+56, excluding other factors of course.

So now that you know about modifiers. Let’s talk about other OP skills. Running Shot this time. Running Shot adds 200% damage based on the skill description. How it works in-game is it adds 2 more hits to your normal attacks. Each hit has a 100% modifier. Thus, a Quarrel Shooter with a Lv5 Running Shot does 300% per normal attack. Adding the increased 30% attack speed, this buff made Quarrel Shooter the top DPS of archers if not all classes.

Now here’s the breakdown as well for Split Arrow. Split Arrow is 100%+631 at Lv5. Considering a boss takes x5 damage from Split Arrow with the help of a Pyrolinker. A Scout can spam 500%+3155 damage from Split Arrow. Note that Split Arrow has NO cooldown making it the best damaging skill back on CBT2.

So please, do yourself a favor and just stop replying.

I know I’m nit picking. It’s sorta like a dickmove (not putting that in your mouth, I’m saying that so nobody jump on him for that. no. I’m saying I’m sorta a dick on that but anyway) but that’s what I see on the screen shot. 3000, 5000, 5000. But then I remember I had just gotten to c1 scout when I reached that dungeon I didn’t have that then. And then I look at the character level and see over 100 lv gap. That is huge misrepresentation. You can’t promote the investment required for the skill on misrepresentation like that. That’s like spreading miss information. In my case I know about that so “I’m protected” from thinking [split arrow] does that huge amount of damage.

I mean look at the vote we just did. Option 2 was heavily stacked with perks compared to options 1 and 3. The screen shot was heavily stacked to make [split arrow] look good. I (nobody) can make an informed decision off that.

I’m not going to go into numbers. I know about damage mods. I know how both in game and in tosbase they don’t show the 100% damage mod. The reason why I look at the results more is because THAT is the bottom line. So, Imma ignore the other stuff NOT because they are irrelevant/wrong, but because I already know about that and don’t dispute it.

Again, going back to the screen shot (the only thing I “called out”). It is misrepresented information. That’s it. I’m not saying scout is good/bad. I’m not saying [split arrow] is good/bad. The information presented is misrepresented.

Oh for pete’s sake. What kind of freaking logic is that. Just stop. There’s no misinterpretation or anything, the screenshot’s purpose was not to mislead, it’s just your own misunderstanding due to how your brain works.

The screenshot was only supposed to show the powerful synergy between a Scout C3 and Pyrolinker yet you’re talking about level gaps. As I’ve mentioned, the point completely went over your head. Again, do yourself a favor, just stop replying.

Well it didn’t take “my way of thinking” to see all the information available in the screen shot.

I’ll go ahead and open it again to point out the obvious information in it. It shows a lv 200 archer using [a skill] (you don’t even know what skill was used since you can’t see 0cd skills on cd cuz you can’t) on a lv 94 boss linked to 2 [fireballs]. That’s it. Everything else we know about the screen shot is assumption (I see scout skills so I assume scout, I see [split arrow] so I assume c3, I see links so I can assume there must be a linker, etc) and exposition

Why not show a lv 200 scout hitting a lv 200 mob? You could have added a disclaimer saying “Warning, damage numbers are exaggerated because of a 106 lv gap.” So many other easy things to do to avoid misunderstanding.

The level gap matters. You can’t just dismiss that.

Just because the intent wasn’t to mislead, doesn’t make the ss any less misleading.

At this point, about this ss, we’re both being pretty petty. If we can agree on that, I think it’s best we move on. Deal?

You were misled because you lack knowledge and also could not understand how the screenshot shown how Split Arrow created a drastic improvement on it’s damage due to it’s synergy with a Pyrolinker.

Here’s how your logic goes. If a person was testing a skill with a Lv1 weapon so the mob doesn’t die quickly and posted screenshot of how the skill performed with just hundreds of damage. You will quickly assume that the skill is horrible and is misleading even with it’s extreme DPS potential. See how dumb that is? That is YOUR logic.

I’m not being petty. You’re the only one being petty. More like pitiful because of how you desperately try to argue when the discussion is way beyond you.

1. Would hypothetical person have exposition explaining he was using a lv 1 weapon?
  2. What was hypothetical person testing?

See? If hypothetical guy opened with “Ok, here I’m testing with a lv 1 weapon so bear with me. Here I’m showing what exactly happens on skill use and not how much damage I can do with it. So the arrow flies out. It hits a target. Then splits to hit 2 other targets.”

If he just showed the picture, sure. MY LOGIC would result in a knee jerk reaction to couple of hundred damage would be “why so low damage” and later follow up with “is he too low lv or something” “what weapon is that” “what lv was the skill” all of which are reasonable to ask.

So you are saying that screen shot is in NO WAY misrepresentative at all. That was my only point. I didn’t say the screenshot DOESN’T show how [split arrow] created a drastic improvement on it’s damage due to it’s synergy with a Pyrolinker. I said it is misrepresentative of that (and later explained why because of a significant lv gap). I keep rereading my stuff looking for these thing you say I said. I don’t see it.

I call you petty because:

1. You keep putting words in my mount.
  2. You assumed I don’t know how links work or how damage mods work.

I don’t know how to get through that thick skull of yours. Your argument is pathetic. What’s important is the main point was delivered, you’re just adding these dumb arguments. I’m not at fault if you were misled due to your narrow thinking.