Tree of Savior Forum

Lores and Encyclopedia

I cried watching the end of the original anime (not the last “brotherhood” re-start) :disappointed_relieved:
Silly teenager haha

Anyway, yes, I do understand as some sort of mythical powerful stone. What always intrigued me was that they capitalized on that for the main arc around Orsha (when we could select the starting city… good old days), then when we reach Fedimian, the point where both Klaipeda and Orsha stories would collide, the Kruvina was totally forgotted, until Rank 9 and Epherotao Coast secondary quest line arrived.

For me, the Kruvina creation plot always looked really important and a huge deal, even for humans to know and stop it, but even more to demons to properly complete one. And yet, it looks like all characters, during main quest lines, simply act as this doesn’t exist after the Rainforest situation with Zaura.

Now a question: What do you guys think about Nicopolis?

Honestly, I didn’t care too much doing those quests. Not even remember important names of its history… Nicopolis looks too out of place for me. It was so weird to see it as it is in Istora Ruins region, such important place for the origins of human civilization and relationship between goddesses and humans.

1 Like

Nicopolis is pretty cool storywise, you can learn alot about its foundation from one of the books the sage gives you

From what I gather Istora and Namu (not sure about Nuoridin Falls) used to be underground until Medzio Diena which pushed it out of the ground from the shock of the disaster

here’s the Nicopolis book https://rjgtav.github.io/tos-database/itos/database/books/690090

I actually remember hearing about this place a long time ago in some of the equipment notes, and some of the books in fantasy library mention the wizard girl’s brother.

2 Likes

Remember that Orsha and it surrounding were gonna be high level maps until they got changed, that could explain the story gap as we were suppose to get there later on…

https://imgur.com/lgLC3ew

Hmm, didn’t know that…

Didn’t get the world map too. Wanna see local map names there haha

heres what i had for the old map

2 Likes

I gave up looking for map cause internet was bad and am lazy xD

Wow things were simpler back then. Now we have a vast world with numerous maps each with their own quests. Imagine having to visit them one by one.

How did we do it?

2 Likes

More organized than current map… OCD pleasure :3

But the actual one is more natural. Only thing that annoys me is how you go from Apsimesti Crossroads to Verkti Square and Roxona city.

Judging this old map… was Orsha destined to be the Capital? ‘-’
It lies so close to the Divine Tree if it was not to be the capital itself…

maybe originally it was going to be, back then you could only travel as far as the pilgrim maps I think then the map was re-designed and orsha was a 2nd town

1 Like

Something sorta interesting I found a while ago, one of the NPCs near the statue in klaip seems to have the most dialogue in the game for a npc, but hes not made out to seem special apart from this, very odd, the only reason I talked to him was I didn’t remember him being old, does anyone remember him? He’s got at least 20 different things he says

also there’s a secret letter you can find in Taniel I, not sure who it’s from or about

I don’t think the letter mean anything… other than some old person who lived in the capital.

Anyway, there are two places that come to mind: Kateen Forest region and Khonot Forest (not sure if the name is correct, the map where you help the spirit of a soldier of Ruklys).

I found some stuff recently in the quest files, the Schaffenstar documents I couldn’t find anywhere in game, not in Astral Tower, not in Fantasy Library, so maybe they’re going to be in the new Astral Tower raid or maps? The Solcomm books here seem to be different from the Record of Solcomm’s Attacks on the Astral Tower, they’re written from the 1st person perspective of a Schaffenstar that was there I think.

On the Treatment of Criminal Individuals by the Schaffenstar
For the first time since the attainment of autonomy by the Schaffenstar during the reign of King Barynwell, a serious conflict with an external territory has arisen. This conflict has now been duly solved through the use of reason. However, for the purpose of preventing similar incidents in the future history of the Schaffenstar, all members have agreed to establish a set of distinct, inviolable rules. They are as follows.

One. Any individual found to be violating Royal Law within Schaffestar territory shall be detained and promptly entrusted to the corresponding authorities, regardless of their position or lack thereof within the Schaffenstar. This rule will not apply to formerly convicted criminals whose sentence has been completed. Two. Should the violation occur not to the Royal Law but to local regulations, the decision on whether to release the criminal shall lie with the head of the Schaffenstar. If the individual is considered inculpable, those at the Schaffenstar will protect them unconditionally. Any expenses derived from such an incident shall be charged to the territory or noble family involved.

Three. The Starlit Lake, the Astral Tower, and the Schaffenstar constitute a self-governing society recognized as such by Royal Law. This society follows the tradition of the Great Lydia Schaffen in the protection of the goddesses and the Kingdom. Therefore, all other territories and noble families are to cooperate with the Schaffenstar and surrender to us, at no cost, any criminal considered so by our regulations. If the territory’s authority does not comply with this condition, those responsible for it shall be punished accordingly. All lords and nobles of the Kingdom are to respect the aforementioned rules with no exceptions.

Year 554 of the Kingdom, 3rd Head of the Schaffenstar Kevin Bluehand

On the Occupation of Concurrent Posts by Members of the Schaffenstar

In the past 169 years, it has become a common occurrence for members of the Schaffenstar to ascend to the position of Master in various classes of the Archer tree. The results of this, however, have not been positive, both in cases where the new Master remains in the Astral Tower and those where they choose to abandon it.

Frequent visits by non-members of the Schaffenstar for matters related to the work of the Masters force visitors to endure long journeys to the Tower, and place on our members the burden of continuously entertaining the guests. While we admire and support the noble endeavors of our Masters, in order to avoid further inconveniences, we have agreed to apply as of this day the following rules.

One. Any Schaffenstar member who ascends to the position of Class Master shall have their status altered to honorary member and be forbidden from practicing their Master duties within the Astral Tower.

Two. Honorary members shall be considered as legitimate constituents of the Shaffenstar, and they shall be duly revered as such. Should an honorary member retire from their position as Master, they shall be allowed the status of Elder of the Schaffenstar. In the event of death, any honorary member shall be granted the posthumous status of Elder, unless expressed otherwise.

Three. During their service as Masters, honorary members will not be granted authority in official matters concerning the Schaffenstar.

Four. During their service as Masters, honorary members will not receive the benefits and compensation attributed to Schaffenstar members. Instead, any sum corresponding to salaries, pensions, etc. shall be accumulated at and managed by the Schaffenstar. The total will then be conferred to the Master upon their return to the Astral Tower.

Annex 1. Archer tree Class Masters not originating from the Schaffenstar may, if they so wish, apply to the status of honorary member at the organization under these same rules.

Annex 2. The aforementioned rules will also apply to Schaffenstar members who ascend to the position of Master of a class not in the Archer tree.

Rules Concerning the Status of Schaffenstar Members

One. Should a member of the Schaffenstar wish to serve as a public official of the Kingdom or in the Royal Army, they are required to alert the head of the organization before the application is submitted.

Two. Unless a violation of Royal Law is committed, such members shall maintain their rights and duties as constituents of the Schaffenstar.

Three. Contrary to article two of this document, should a member be appointed to a position above that of Head of the Schaffenstar, they shall receive the status of honorary member.They shall be duly revered as high officials of the Kingdom, as are other honorary members. As of this date, this rule applies to Schaffenstar members currently serving in the position of Chancellor and General.

Four. Members of the Royal Family who become part of the Schaffenstar shall receive no special treatment. However, should they be appointed to one of the higher positions mentioned by article three of this document, they too shall receive proper reverence as honorary members of the organization.

Five. The Schaffenstar shall not differentiate members based on their social status or background.

Six. Members shall not receive orders from lords or nobles without permission from the Head of the Schaffenstar. Should a member accept such an order in a situation where it cannot be reported, that order may be canceled if it is later opposed by the Head of the Schaffenstar.

Seven. Members are required to prioritize orders commanded by the Head of the Schaffenstar over those originating from lords and nobles external to the organization.

Eight. The same rules described in the articles above shall apply to duties and authorities originating from Cleric organizations and orders. This excludes, however, commands directly enacted by the goddesses.

Nine. Cases where none of the aforementioned rules apply shall be judged by the Head of the Schaffenstar.

The Schaffenstar Code of Conduct (Excerpt)

No. 125: Visits to the highest floors of the Tower and access to the telescopes must be supervised by an Elder, or any member of equal or superior status

No. 126: Offensive devices aimed at the lower floors must be repaired and maintained under the supervision of an Elder, or any member of equal or superior status. Members on the lower floors must be alerted a minimum of 1 hour prior to any operation, and all lower floors must be completely evacuated in advance.

No. 127: Impeding access to elevators is forbidden in situations of war or preparation for battle. In cases of emergency, elevators may be disabled or destroyed.

No. 128: Trainee members must remain cautious not to temper with the Water Facilities when cleaning or performing other tasks at the lake.

No. 129: All members are forbidden from transporting flammable arrows and other weapons in the elevators. Trespassers shall be sentenced to 3 weeks of cleaning service in an assigned area of the lake.

No. 130: Members not assigned to military or observational tasks are forbidden from leaving the Tower on personal volition. Recreational activities are to take place exclusively within areas of the Tower created for that purpose.

No. 131: Schaffenstar members are forbidden from participating in games of chance with non-members within the territory of the organization. Trespassers shall be sentenced to 1 week of cleaning service in an assigned area of the lake.

Schaffenstar Confidential Documents

Access to the following documents is restricted to the Head of the Schaffenstar and authorized persons only. If found, please return to the Head of the Schaffenstar immediately.

The present document serves to record and categorize confidential information kept by the Heads of the Schaffenstar since Lydia Schaffen, founder and first leader of the organization. My intent is to preserve in written form the information that has for centuries been passed on exclusively through oral tradition. This will ensure the conservation of our secrets to future leaders of the Schaffenstar in the event of my unexpected death or other unfortunate events.

As it would be dangerous to compile all the information in a single document, it is my goal to divide it into chapters and hide each document in a secret location of the tower. I ask future leaders of the Schaffenstar that they, too, keep these confidential documents hidden in that manner. Should the position of head of the organization continue to be passed on through oral tradition, I predict there will be no need to consult the hidden documents.

The next Head of the Schaffenstar, should they ascend to their position in a manner that is unconventional, may not be aware of these secret locations. However, I am certain that they will be able to discover them through the process of their initiation in the role.

Confidential: It is a well-known fact that Lydia Schaffen defeated the great demon Ziburynas and sent another demon by the name of Rumpelstiltskin to the Moon. Schaffen was not aware of it at the time, but her heroic achievements would produce a significant impact in the hierarchical order of the demonic world.

Lydia Schaffen was the first human to ever become involved in a major power shift of the demonic world, with her actions triggering a full-scale crisis in the demon realm. The one referred to in ancient texts as the Beholder suffered a significant blow to his status, and while Giltine herself may have remained unscathed, several demons serving her were also severely affected.

The details of how the death of a demon lord and the disappearance of Rumpelstiltskin affected the position of several lower-ranked demons remain unknown. What we know for certain is that those events gave way to a period of serious turbulence in the demons’ hierarchical systems. This shift provides the background information we need to understand the future actions of three demons in particular.

They are Demon Goddess Ragana, Demon Lord Baiga and Demon Lord Hauberk. Little is known about them, but we have reasons to believe that they will attempt to act contrarily to demon traditions.{nl}This, of course, does not mean that they will act in favor of humans, which is why our society must remain vigilant of the actions of these demons who are at the center of the upheaval.

17th Head of the Schaffenstar Gaikang Mcen

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 1

Demon Lord Solcomm is and will remain unable to successfully attack the Astral Tower by force after its completion. This statement is supported by the records that follow.

Solcomm’s first step was to gather demon forces in large numbers. The area just beyond the tower’s defense range is entirely covered by demons and monsters.

Transporting a large number of demons into the human realm is no easy task, which is causing a gap between the arrival of each offensive group. This, of course, is advantageous to the Schaffenstar.

More advantageous still is being under the command of Lydia Schaffen, who is widely known as a prolific conqueror of demons. At last, with the construction of the Astral Tower complete, we can stand against the demons. It is time to prove to them that we are not a target to underestimate.

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 2

The first day of battle. Members of the Schaffenstar were outside scraping the bottom of the lake when a group of demons breached the tower’s range of defense in a sudden attack.

The sentinels atop the tower sounded the alarm. Approaching the tower unseen is virtually impossible in favorable weather conditions. Not only that, the lake rarely attracts the formation of fog. That is, in fact, one of the reasons why our leader chose this location for the construction of the tower.

Upon hearing the alarm, the members working on the lake immediately collected their tools and returned to the tower. From far away, the members would have looked as if they were standing atop the surface of the water, as was usual.

They ran towards the tower, calm and composed. Naturally so, as all members had received prior training. The early alarm allowed those working outside to enter the tower in time to prevent the demons’ attack from succeeding.

Instead, the first casualties happened on the side of the demons. As their front line came into contact with the lake, the water began to react.

Our side did not need to fire a single arrow. The effects were varied. Some demons burned, some melted, yet others hardened into rock.

The demons had been unaware of this mechanism, as it would have been impossible for them to perform any sort of reconnaissance on the lake without a response from the tower’s defenses.

Eventually, Solcomm commanded the first group to retreat. Though we took no significant action, it was a sure victory for the Schaffenstar.

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 3

Despite our ballista attacks, one demon managed to soar over the tower and return to the demons’ camp alive. The injuries caused to its wings were not enough to shoot it down into the water.

Today, the demons prepared a fleet of ships for another attack. How they obtained such a large number of vessels remains unknown. It seems the demons are more resourceful than we previously thought.

We waited for the demons to approach the tower aboard their ships. Once they were near enough for us to distinguish their features, we launched our attack. There was no need for absolute accuracy, as even the slightest contact with water from the lake provoked a reaction in them.

Our projectiles bore holes into their vessels, allowing the water to seep in and cause damage. The demons were unable to drain the water out of the ships, as that would expose them to its deadly effects.

To our forces, every shot aimed in the general direction of the lake was effective. One could argue that our members were far overqualified for this task, considering our reputation as talented archers.

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 4

There is a community of civilians residing at our lake. This community lives not near the tower — where the threat of war is constant — but relatively distant from it, in a small village on top of the lake. Parts of it were constructed on a magical levitation stone provided by the Schaffenstar, while others were built on ships or wooden structures.

This community is now being targeted by Solcomm. The move was not unexpected, and we at the Schaffenstar are prepared to protect the village and its residents.

It is, after all, our duty and responsibility to maintain the safety of a territory that is within our jurisdiction. On the other hand, the community is located beyond the range of the majority of projectiles that can be launched from the tower, and even our magic weapons will lose significant power when used at such long distances.

Another factor is the depth of the lake itself, which remains unknown to both our forces and the demons’.

Some fishermen are known to practice their trade at the lake. They pay a tax to Lydia Schaffen in return for protection. She may not possess the title of Lord, but effectively, Schaffen is both the owner and ruler of the territory delimited by the lake.

The people living on the lake take great pride in having Lydia Schaffen as their sovereign, as the Schaffenstar continues to govern the community fairly and mercifully.

To them, our leader represents less of a ruler and more of a guardian. Bar the Kingdom’s largest cities, no place is as safe from the monsters as our lake.

In the past, attempts by monsters to breach into our territory have never posed a problem. Our usual approaches, of course, are not adequate for the large numbers of demons we are now facing. On the other hand, there is no need to engage in a full-scale war.

At the first signs of movement on Solcomm’s camp, we closed off the borders. It may not have been a substantial measure, but given the location of the small island village, it was enough to deter an initial attack. Nonetheless, it would only be a matter of time before the demons could surround the village in their ships and destroy the barricades. They seemed to believe that we would not come to the aid of the villagers, and in a way they were correct. The whirlwinds that sprouted from the lake were enough to prevent them from doing any damage.

The waterspouts were powerful enough to lift the demons in the air before letting them fall down into the lake, a view that was most entertaining.

One disadvantage of this method was the difficulty of aiming the whirlwinds accurately at the enemy ships. Any vessel that encountered a waterspout, however, was immediately overturned, spilling its passengers into the lake.

Those not directly affected by the waterspouts received indirect damage from the spraying of lake water above them and from all directions.

As cruel as it may sound, it was truly a marvelous thing to see.

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 5

Rumors have surfaced saying the demons intend to recruit human mercenaries. As it is, none have been courageous enough to consider standing against the Schaffenstar and our leader.

It has been long since the demons have obstructed our movement of supplies, but there are no visible effects to the functioning of the tower. We are, I believe, better equipped to survive a siege than even the Three-Layered Castle Wall.

Even in the unfortunate event of a tyrant like King Kadumel joining forces with the demons, the tower is prepared to sustain itself for centuries without external aid. The chances of a demon such as Solcomm ever invading the tower are close to none.

Record of Defense Operations Against Solcomm Pt. 6

After six months of inactivity, Solcomm launched a full-scale attack on the tower. His forces were supplemented by a large number of flying demons and additional troops.

The position of the lake’s floating rocks is deep enough to prevent demon intruders, but too shallow to sale on a ship. Therefore, this time the demons forwent their vessels in favor of another method. They filled the bottom of the lake with boulders and rocks and used them to step over the water, slowly advancing into our territory.

They continue to fill the lake, one step at a time. If a regular siege involves digging trenches around the target, in our battle the lake itself is a trench that must be filled. We await the results of the demons’ efforts.

The demons are restlessly making their way through the lake. As they are still beyond the range of our weapons, we continue to simply observe them. The only members on concrete duty are the sentinels atop the tower.

It is still early to initiate an attack on the besieging troops, as is usual in a situation like ours.

It wasn’t until one day after the demons had begun advancing into the lake that we launched our first attack. By then, a few of Solcomm’s subordinates were already within range of the tower’s firepower.

Hoping to minimize damage, the demon forces worked inside of siege towers and other structures, but even those did not survive our constant attacks. They continued to move into the lake slowly but surely.

Eventually, the first line of their troops arrived at the entrance of the Astral Tower. Flying demons, who had been reducing damage by intercepting our catapult projectiles, were now headed for the tower itself.

The operation now felt like a true battle. From the tower we launched boiling water, projectiles, arrows, fire and different kinds of magic. Apart from those lucky enough to land on the path created by the demons, the flying monsters were hit by our arrows, falling to the lake or on top of the floating rocks.{nl}Among the members of the Schaffenstar, there were no signs of distress. Then, something felt as if it were about to happen. Lydia Schaffen was standing by the rails atop the tower.

She aimed her arrow at Solcomm, commander of the demon forces. It seemed as though she might have been waiting for him to notice her. The weapon in her hands was none other than the bow she had used to kill Ziburynas.

Solcomm acknowledged her, but she did not fire. She put away the arrow and spoke.
[You fool. The ground you are standing on is made of stone, it only floats on the water by magic.The meaning of her words was uncertain, even to Solcomm. Soon, however, her intent was made clear by what happened next.

The entire floor began to sink lower and lower. Demons who had remained unfazed through most of the battle were now screaming in agony. Water came in through all directions, melting and burning the demons. Solcomm was unable to prevent it.

This attack had been the reason why our leader had wanted the demons to approach the tower. Even if they were to attempt escaping to land, the troops were more than an entire day away from the shore.

Few demons survived. Many members of the Schaffenstar were in shock, unable to fully grasp our victory. The defeat of the demons was tragic.

4 Likes

Did you check on the unreachable section of the library?_?

am like both the best and worst possible person for this T~T

I got almost all quests done, I love reading and have read almost everything there is to read and my main can go anywhere it wishes to go…

But my memory is so fucking bad am :sob: what was I crying about :tired_face:

haven’t checked the the unreachable spot, but last time I was there it was just 3 books
If these are ingame they must be hidden

They could also be npc dialogues that only happen once in a flash and cant be read anywhere else :frowning:

Edit: Was reading about Demon God Baubas and I wonder if we will see all 5 demon gods on next story patch or one by one…

It’s been almost 3 years but we haven’t reach the capital yet…

Come on IMC, give us new city pls

1 Like

hey I’d like to add stuff to this wiki

Heyy, guys! I’m the new founder of the ToS Wikia. There is a doc file that has been working on the order and structure of the information to be posted on the Wikia, with the help of Zero and other players that will be credited. The file is the draft and when its complete, it’ll be easily copy&pasted to the wikia. I will be in charge of the visual structure and information addition. So, if you guys have a text you want to add, kindly send it to me and I’ll arrange it! This is to keep things organized and be able to update for great changes. :haha: I’m excited to work with you guys!

1 Like

Thank you for your hardwork!