Tree of Savior Forum

Lores and Encyclopedia

Ohh, right. Well, I can change the title of the topic. Though I also messaged the Staff if its allowed to share the Lore in public, since they already said they cannot post it because it’d ruin it for those who haven’t played.

Ohh so we’re waiting for their approval, yeah? We could just put a big fat SPOILER in the title lol. Aight this should be doable. :person_fencing:

Well, at least I am, since I want to be sure if what we’re doing is okay or wrong. Their decisions should be respected. I’ll let you all know. :slight_smile:

Spoiler

Laima clearly stated that the next fight will be the last fight: the Savior vs Giltine. This means the end of the game. Afterwards, Giltine’s Demon Kings will remain and we’ll have to fight them too – an expansion campaign? She talks about FIVE Demon Kings, but who will they be?

1. Kartas – we learned about him during the Astral Tower event
  2. Baiga – we learned about him a while ago during a dream sequence
  3. Gesti – her fate is uncertain, we got clues recently that she may not have been killed during the Dalia rescue mission
  4. Rexipher – was he a Demon King or just a Demon Lord?
  5. Beholder – we know he works for Giltine, but is he a simple human or a Demon King in disguise? seeing how Rexipher could take human form, this could be a possibility…
1 Like

thanks for keeping it spoiler hidden as I haven’t reached max level and those quests yet…

SOON :tm:

YEa ahaha a part of me wants to click on that shiny Spoiler, but another part of me says no man don’t do that.

1 Like
Spoiler

Tenet Church
There are two Demon Kings (Vaiga and Kartas) and one Demon Queen (Gesti)

If you want to read more about Vaiga and Kartas, read the books from Sausy Room 9!

Jeromel Park
Rexipher is a Demon Lord who works for Gesti, but you find out he’s betraying her by using Diena, a fairy who used to help humans and suddenly was made into a Demon Lord. Diena says it was Gesti until Rexipher appears and realize his plans.

Seir Rain Forest
Beholder is more likely to be another commander, since he had Demon Lord Zaura to keep the Kruvina active:

Lanko 22 Waters
Later, Beholder turns against Demon Lord Solcomm.

There’s a big drama on going within the same Demons. Not all of Demon Lords are fully obeying Giltine. You know, the desire of power corrupts anyone.

@DrRM @Randy
You’re welcome! I hope you guys can reach till the 10th Revelation! Story is getting intense. :satisfaction:

1 Like

Wanna work together to track the story down from the starting zone? :person_fencing:

My plan is to summarize the story from the very first map up until the latest map, paying attention to the monsters, climate, npcs, scenery, etc. From then, we link each map and put the pieces into the bigger picture (lore). We then match everything with spoilers from everyone’s contributions.

Pretty difficult, I think, but definitely doable.

This is exactly what I asked to the Staff. About publishing the Lore elsewhere. I suggest you to wait till Staff replies and see if doing this will affect the game, in the case of gathering people to play the game, experience the quests and read the story themselves.

1 Like
Spoilers and stuff

The last main quest line revealed that Giltine is not alone in her hierarchy. Apparently, there are other Demon Gods/Goddesses, but I’m not sure how we can set their relationship with others Goddesses. We know Giltine, besides being the antagonist, is considered as a sister to the others.

Under her we have 2 Demon Kings, Kartas and Baiga, and 1 Demon Queen, Gesti. All the others are Demon Lords work for them, each one of the 3 main demons have their own army with minions and Lords.

This book series is really good at describing how Giltine see Laima, and the relationship between Giltine and Demon Kings:

Laima’s One Thousand Years Vol. 1
Laima’s One Thousand Years Vol. 2
Laima’s One Thousand Years Vol. 3

After what happened in those books, everything started, from Gesti sending Rexipher to Royal Mausoleum (written on that last book), to Eminent (note: never found who is this demon) infiltrating King Kadumel’s government, leading to Ruklys death, and Mirtis finding Laima’s weak impersonation at Crystal Mine.

2 Likes

Doubt I can, I have no low lvl character, my quest are mostly done and am too lazy…

I would share my books and papers screenshots, but most got lost on my other compu…

luckly most things are on the database :wink:

He’s not a demon. He was the prime minister from King Kadumiel who he betrayed to work with demons. Learn more during the Sentry Bailey/Fortress of Battlegrounds arc.

He is a demon disguised as a human. More like a possession to me. Read this book series:

https://rjgtav.github.io/tos-database/itos/database/books/690067

1 Like

i was trying to organize the demon realm leadership a little, this is like a rough cut of what I got, need to go over dialogues for the lower-rank demons cause I’m just guessing most of them are under Gesti besides the new ones, the only one I saw mention Vaiga was Zaura

At the end of Astral questline, Laima mentions 5 Demon Gods, but I dunno if these are in the same league as Giltine, or if she’s counting them in with Gesti, Vaiga, Kartas etc

4 Likes

I think Beholder is on the same rank as Gesti and part of the OG big 3 of Giltine, but that’s my way of seen it…

Nice work!

We mostly know Gesti’s servants because she was the one designated to find Laima, when she started creating the Revelations, before Medzio Diena. So she pretty much set every Demon Lord that we faced under main quest line. Even Nebulas, Solcomm and Pbeta has some sort of relation with Gesti.

I’m interested on how and when we gonna know even more about Kartas, as he just showed up, and when Baiga will come. He is considered the most intelligent and capable… might be an exciting story.

Where did you get information about these traitors? I remember only Hauberk working on his own, don’t remember anything about these ones. Would be nice to read.

Beholder is like a personal servant of Giltine. He is not under any of the three Kings, neighter give orders to them, but receive orders directly from Giltine. He also work on his own too, doesn’t have an army. Even working on his own, apparently his actions follow Giltine’s intentions.

Wait… if Zaura is under Baiga… does Baiga have any relation to the Kruvina creation? If that is correct, then Marnox can very well be under him, as Deathweaver. The Varle tribe might have some relation too.

1 Like

mostly off their boss info, at some point i gotta dig through the quest dialogues or books again or if someone can build off what I posted, Nebulas was Kalejima questline iirc, I’m just going off her boss data that says she serves under Kartas

From all the demon boss infos the only one I saw mention Vaiga was Zaura who mentions that he thinks he’s actually weak so I’m inferring that he’s serving him, so maybe Vaiga has relation to Kruvina since Zaura is pretty big in that questline, I forgot about Deathweaver but I thought she was just some random boss for the guy in Delmore also I’m thinking Baiga is just mistranslation of Vaiga, cause I actually found both names in the boss info, but Vaiga seems newer

2 Likes

I will see what I can dig out, The Former Fantasy Library is a great source of knowledge, if you are interested in lots of reading :blush:

It was Vaiga, but got recently changed to Baiga. I prefer Vaiga too, but oh well…

About the Deathweaver and the Kruvina arc:
Delmore Rephaim calls Deathweaver inside Novaha Institute, but Rephaim himself was creating a Kruvina following some sort of Demon Orders, and those orders were the subject of Ashaq Prison quest line, where the Bishop of Orsha discovered the Kruvina plan, took those instructions to hide inside the prison, where Marnox tried to recover them back to the demons.

If this link is corret and we can associate those demons, this would be something really nice but, more importantly, it shows that Giltine gave to Baiga, the most competent of the 3 Kings, the mission to create a Kruvina, so that’s why we didn’t see him much as we see Gesti and her minions, as she was the one with the mission to follow Laima, while Baiga got the Kruvina creation and Kartas… well, he is unstable, so maybe he was just helping both sides in some sort of way that could control his temperament.

Still missing what is the purpose of beholder’s actions. First we see him at the Thorn Forest (Gate Route) in the middle of our third revelation quest, then interfering with Zaura, the Kruvina and Lada, then helping Giltine inside Fantasy Library, dealing with Solcomm after his failed attempts against the Star Tower, and last, at Feline Post Town dealing with the magical stuff there (honestly, didn’t care for that region, need to dedicate myself there a little more).

Now, this is me thinking:

So far, we know that once Laima predicted the future, she left home on a quest to create all Revelations. Giltine then sent Gesti to follow Laima and stop her and (if the previous link is correct) sent Baiga to create a perfect Kruvina. Kartas might be there as the wild, uncontrollable stereotype. If that is correct, then the Kruvina (what I thought was over, got me by surprise when we got one at a coast with the Varle King, later on) might play a big role on something, maybe will be the thing that will allow Giltine to fulfill what she wants.

2 Likes

If you have watched any of Fullmetal Alchemist anime or manga you should understand the story a little more than others as the Kruvina is basically a Philosopher Stone down to it creations…