Tree of Savior Forum

[LORE] Ausrine and the Owl Sculpture

[Edit] I made another Lore thread. You can access its content by clicking on the link below

[End of Edit]

Most people here are more concerned about leveling, getting the best gear, or even trying to collect all hats of this game.

Some, like me, and I know there’s also few other players here who spend a lot of gameplay time investigating the Tree of Savior lore. Lore that I’m going to try to prove that it’s actually not bad.

Let’s begin!

For the first lore post I make here (there will be more), I’ll talk about how goddess Ausrine, Owls sculptures, Goddess Laima, and Tesla, the Dievdirby Master are connected.

Ausrine (Aušrinė), from Lithuanian mythology, is a feminine deity of the Morning Star, who is the antipode of Vakarine, the Evening Star. The Goddess Ausrine guides the souls to rest in peace, in the game lore.

http://wiki.brasiltreeofsavior.com/images/5/59/Ausrine.png

Now, the Owls. For players who played Orsha’s route may have met the Owls at Karolis Springs, a level 57 map after Dadan Jungle. Others may have met them at Kateen Forest entrance, level 106 map, north from Tenet Garden in Klaipeda Region.

In the Tree of Savior lore, the Owl are responsible to guide the souls. In Lithuanian Mythology, the Goddess of Death is Giltine and her sacral bird is the Owl.

About Tesla, he is the Dievdirby Master. He is the one who made the Owls and he is also an ancient person. Tesla has hundreds of years. Below, I’m posting some screenshots proving he is not only an ancient person who made the sculptures, but he did it all by himself!! And Ausrine asked for it.

Screenshots about Tesla [CLICK HERE]

And finally Laima, the Goddess of Fate, who foresaw the disaster and, from pieces of her power, created the revelations. Below I’m pasting some content from the Crystal Mines revelation.

http://treeofsaviorgame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tos-cbt2-672x372.jpg

Note: This may be the first revelation the players get, but it’s not the first made by Laima.

By the time you get this message much time will be passed. I am Laima, the goddess of fate and wisdom.

600 years ago while creating this revelation, I foresaw a great deal of death and suffering. If you are seeing this, then I am afraid what I foresaw has come to pass.

Now the dark conclusion.

Laima has predicted that some serious disaster was coming. She tried to ask for help from other goddess, which most of them disbelieved her.

Hundreds years before the revelators, goddess Ausrine asked Tesla to make tons of Owl sculptures, and then, she disappeared, the sculptures got life, and Tesla lost consciouness for few hundreds of years.

Ausrine who used to be the one who guided the souls, by knowing that some huge disaster was coming, asked him to make the Owls, many many owls, because she knew that many people were going to die in Medzio Diena and she would not be able to do her job.

28 Likes

Amazing! I’m looking forward to more of your posts, if ever you decide to continue to make some more. :smiley:

2 Likes

That storyline with the owls and Tesla made dievdirbys 100x cooler to me than my first impression of them. I’m currently playing an archer3 and working too dang much but someday I will spend some time to play a diev because of this. Someone did a good job.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m planning on making about King Zachariel. I’ve already collected a lot of in-game information, but I want to investigate a bit more to link all facts about him.

Zachariel has a huge importance in the game lore. He is not just a king who decided to make the Royal Mausoleum xD

[edit] Actually… I’m not sure if I’m going to post something about him soon. He has such importance in the lore that I think I’ll need to level a character to cap and do all quest before. I’m pretty sure I’ll find lore content about him on high level maps too.

2 Likes

Godspeed. I’m also a lore-maniac and a ton of the little stories in ToS actually for me, make the game much more interesting when it translates into the characters. It’s not only a world in near-annhilation status, it’s a world full of clashing ideals; betrayal and death, and what seems to be some serious disbelief from Laima’s warnings. I wonder if she did something to make all of them so ready to doubt ‘The goddess of fate’…?

Can’t wait for the Ruklys & Lydia backstory.

1 Like

Oh… Ruklys & Lydia backstory is pretty complex, because it’s related to Roxona’s events.

I really like their backstory. A love story involving politics. I’ll try to do Roxona’s quests again with my second character to make sure I don’t miss anything. It will take a while before I post anything about them.

I’ve already collected tons of nice lore material about them. But I still want moar!! :smile:

Would you be interested in contributing to the ToS wikia?

At the moment I could only focus on the readables and goddesses, so I can’t write about normal NPC’s yet.

I probably will not have much time to contribute since I work, have college stuff to study and I spend most of my free time playing the game.

But as I mentioned on the 1st post, I do a lot of lore research while playing. So, I’d like to contribute to the wiki, since I have many content which I won’t use here, on the forum. For the community, I wouldn’t mind to use the few free time I have to contribute.

My main goal on the ToS forum is actually to share some lore theory based on the facts I find in-game.

Maybe we should talk about it by private message :slight_smile:

Krivis need to be cooler too, as they are the holy religious people who pray to those goddess and god.

Since I’m also new to wiki-ing and don’t know how to make a talk page, I thought it’d be appropriate to do it here.

I’d like to welcome @Crabs (and oh isn’t that profile pic such a cutie :blush: :heart_eyes:) into the ToS wikia.

Zero if you’re reading this…please be nicer with guiding :confounded:. I can barely find anyone else interested in the game story as it is.

Edit: O Deive I can’t believe I forgot to give OP a like! Sorry! :worried:

1 Like

Im a questing lover here. Thanks for your hard work on the topic.

1 Like

This is… incredible! Thanks for providing interesting details of information about the story :smiley: I feel like… someone who always sleeps during history class. I did not know that the story is this complex. And I really like the Owl, perhaps my most favourite NPC in this game, and it is nice to know about its important role.

1 Like

According to “The Story of Karolis Vol. 1”, Tesla was his disciple. That’s right!

I manage to find all volumes of Karolis’ story yesterday… I’ll update this thread later.

Also, I found a in-game document which says that Tesla also made some Vakarine statue.

In reality, Vakarine and Ausrine are the same, just different names for the same star depending on the time of day. There is something about Modestas though, if I recall, and how Ausrine was the “head” of the other goddesses, or something, but I can’t be sure. It’s either in the book or the board beside the statue.

Not sure what you mean by guiding. If people want to contribute to the wiki, they’re free to do so on their own. I’m not going to plaster the TOS Wikia all over the forums to annoy people. :3

We’ve had some great contributions so far, so the TOS Wikia is really shaping up to be a good lore wiki. I’m always checking the forums over there so if people have questions about editing, they can always look to the forums. I try to discourage people from using talk pages since not everyone knows of the old way of editing and talk pages can get rather messy to keep track of after a while.

1 Like

trying not to freak out that Zero noticed me again or that emotes were used

From what I know we only have four people active. What exactly were the purpose of talk pages anyway? You’re the best ever, boss!:relaxed:

Talk pages were akin to the old way of having forum-like discussions concerning each respective article. When they’re used frequently and improperly, they can become a mess of text to read through. I have no way to disable talk pages on the wiki, so all I can do is encourage people to utilize the forums to talk about stuff and hope they actually do.

Or we could just have a thread here in the fansite sub-forum and talk there to make the wiki less cluttered until we actually have more people invested to talk about the game stories. What do you think?

What’s wrong with using the forums on the wiki?