Tree of Savior Forum

[LINKER] Status in the international release (As of April 8th, 2016)

So I’ve been hearing lots of things about how Linkers are bugged, ninja nerf’d, etc since the release of the intentional version of Tree of Savior. I am making this topic in hopes of centralizing what changes Linkers have received in the international version versus the korean version. I would love if we could come together as a community and report what we have found in hopes of making it easier to access this information without having to scour through a variety of topics.

Confirmed by IMC

• Physical Link - Physical Link cooldown time increased from 20 sec to 22 sec

• Joint Penalty - Joint Penalty cooldown time increased from 15 sec to 22 sec

• Hangman’s Knot - Hangman’s Knot cooldown time increased from 10 sec to 15 sec
    Changed the Trap debuff time for monsters targeted with Hangman’s Knot from the original lv * sec to 1 sec + lv * 0.2 sec

Confirmed by Players

Unconfirmed

• Joint Penalty has a damage cap
  • Physical Link does not properly distribute damage

Could we get some confirmation on this from the staff, maybe something from the developers in the near future?

@Staff_Julie, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan, @STAFF_Shawn

@GM_Francis, @GM_Sebastian

7 Likes

Reserved for later. Maybe.

Thank you for compilation. I’ll try and do some tests this weekend to reproduce the many linker bugs I’ve been hearing about lately.

1 Like

Provide some screenshot or video if you want this to be escalated on their dev team.

Will update with videos and screenies as I get them for the bugs.

1 Like

So I was told in another thread that Spiritual Chain + Quick Cast/Surespell isn’t worth much for supporting. Is this true?

Spritual Chain doesn’t pass attributes tied to skills, so for Quickcast you would only pass the -50% cast time. Surespell should work as intended.

Alrighty. Thank you.
Well then, back to the drawing board I guess =D

If I catch hangman’s knot getting resisted while I play, I’ll upload a vid for this.

This isn’t a bug or anything, but I really wonder about the C2 advancement. Don’t you have to fight a fairly hard boss? I’m honestly worried HAHA I have issues with Bramble already of all bosses since I’m pure support and basically have been running on only energy bolt to level 65 and hoo boy. I’m unsure why they’d give a hard boss battle to a class that’s nearly completely useless in boss battles. With subsequent nerfs, I wonder if it’s worth the trouble.

1 Like

If you take the Linker advancement in Orsha instead of Klaipeda the quest will be different. It may be easier. Can’t confirm if it is.

1 Like

Klaipeda linker 2 is easy, not to worry. Source: A linker2 (me)

2 Likes

I hope it isn’t nerfed more than in Kr, I’m already doubting my Pyro Linker build will be viable :<

Hi @Rubiss, I have come to report more ‘nerfs’.

Apparently, in kTOS and iTOS, many original buffs that were originally passed by spiritual chain are no longer passed now. Some such examples are Sure Spell, Transpose and Concentrate.

I’ve linked my spiritual chain guide for reference.

It’s very unfortunate indeed, since I personally feel while it is okay to have nerfed linker’s offensive side (Joint Penalty and Knot), they should have touched the supportive spells alone (Spirit Chain).

1 Like

That’s very discouraging to hear. I will update the opening post with the information you have provided. I personally think Hangman’s Knot was nerfed a bit too much. I can understand the desire to have it not be as strong for such a little investment. I’d have liked to see an attribute, maybe obtainable at C2 that increases the duration to make it a bit more bearable.

Hey guys, is Physical Link working for you?
Every time I link my party everyone gets squashed, instead of sharing damage.

I mean when un-linked, someone gets hit and takes 500 damage. But when I link 5 man, everyone takes 500 (or even more, like 1k) damage, instead of taking 100.

I have Physical Link at 5, if it matters.

1 Like

I have not gotten that skill yet on my Linker. Physical Link should even disperse damage. If everyone is taking full damage then it is bugged, but I cannot personally confirm. Anyone else?

I’m got a different problem with PL. Didn’t actually pay attention to the damage but ill test it out tonight.

My problem is whenever i use the skill in a party, 90% of the time, it’ll just link 1 member of my party. Sometimes, it’ll link 2. But it never linked more than 2 people (3 including myself). I’ve got it at level 4.

I’ve tried it with 2 party members who were standing right in front of me and I was facing their direction. But only the one closest to be got linked, the other one, who also was in the same direction, did not get linked…

I’m assuming the linking works the same way as JP. My JP is linking correctly, so i must be doing it right?

Updating OP with this.

Joint Penalty bug - disappears randomly. I observed several instances, there’s no pattern to it.

3 Likes

I see. I will update the OP with this. Thank you for your work!