Tree of Savior Forum

Limit the number of Tokens a player can buy from Market per month

That’s your point of view. That’s not my point of view.

That’s point of view of a group. That’s not the point of view of another group which I could be part of.

So who is right? Who is wrong? Who dictate the rules?

This goes to the same personal opinion problem.

And now we’re talking about natural progression which is being hindered by other players who don’t have the time to farm but use AFK farmers.

Which in turn could make a loop with pushes players towards unfairness and other players towards “I’ll level my own necromancer so I can buy tokens” mindset, which damages the game in the long run.

I’m not saying that AFK farming is illegal but it is in grey area and a lot of people agree with me that it damages the game in the long run, I’m not pulling this out of nothing.

I totally agree, the game have too many issues. But this does not justify one person who just sits AFK to push restriction or great effort/expenses upon other players. If it’s based on natural progression without controlling market it is alright. If there’s some few groups aggressively controlling how many Tokens are on market and their prices, things are going out of natural progression.

Sure, of course. I totally agree. There’s no proper end-game content and a lot of things, right? I never said it.

But, now, tell me, is buying Tokens a so fun activity that will keep everyone playing just because of it? What are the real side-effects of limiting each account to buy only 3 Tokens on Market per month aside from preventing some players from buying and hoarding Tokens to never sell them?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Because the main issue comes from those and you was the one who came to talk about time spent instead of money. They’re both related in the issue which is currently happening.

Or am I wrong? Where is most of Tokens which were being sold in Klaipeda? In the hands of a Necromancer that had earned silver by AFK farming, right?

Am I wrong? I’m just presenting the fact and that they are related. I’m not condemning AFK farming but once we talk about silver and time spent it is a related topic which certainly will come into any discussion about this.

I’m not hiding, that’s exactly what is happening. If a single person or a a small group buys all Tokens on market for selling them later and controls the number of Tokens on market. What is it called? Can you tell me? I’ll fix my topic if I’m wrong.

It is an easy fix code-wise. Shouldn’t even use 30 minutes.

Yes by then the limit on 3 Tokens bought from Market per account can be removed, everyone is happy this way, right?

Now… What are the real side-effects of limiting each account to buy only 3 Tokens on Market per month aside from preventing some players from buying and hoarding Tokens to never sell them?

This thread itself is a good argument on why we shouldn’t have server merge and/or market merge.

4 Likes

I thought it was an alright value, but any higher and i think you may as well purchase it yourself with TP.

Hopefully, although this seems to be an undocumented change ported over from kTEST, although by now this is a standard procedure because of the size of the imported contents.

That would be nice, I feel really sad whenever i go through Dina’s Skeleton Farm.

I suppose, now that i think about it - with the cap change it’s better to just always sell your token at the max price if you’re selling it at all, otherwise you lose. I don’t really use the market - but because of the cap change it is what people will now do to maximize profit from change.

These problems with RMT and restricting what-not are kind of absurd now. Sometimes i wonder if we will ever be ‘free’ - but more often than not all we get is a change of handcuffs that hurt us more slowly than the last.

I’m not entirely opposed to @LunarRabbit 's idea, but i think it would probably be more beneficiary for them to have a restriction on how many tokens one person could sell per week/month, some people do like collecting tokens to last for the next 10 years, and some just want a quick profit without much work.

Hopefully we don’t get to the point where accounts have [Silver Earned Caps] and whatnot - because we are going on a head on collision with such things.

Although to be honest, we’re at the point where we should just be able to 1:1 trade tokens. (and everything else like in cbt tbh).:frowning:

Scary thoughts.

6 Likes

You can sell price outside the cap I think, at least few days ago there was a 5m Token in Klaipeda. I got the screenshot I sent to a friend.

This was on 14/Mar:

Maybe the cap here is 5m? I will try to test it later.

Totally agree with you on everything. I know it isn’t a good to be putting restrictions here and there but when someone is buying all Tokens to the point it starts to not have enough Tokens for other players it really starts to be an issue :x

Thanks for the screenshot, yeah this (should be) the new token price cap according to the client info. It was indeed increased on the Hunting Grounds update. :sweat_smile:

I agree, this can only get worse if people decide to marionette control the prices of other items that are commonly traded which would mean the problem has already spread viciously.

though with prices being uncapped i’m pretty sure it’s not that hard to ‘RMT with silver’ - just sell something at a very specific numeral value and you can find it.

I’m not entirely sure, to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Surely the solution is simple. They just need to add another item status ‘Unsellable’.

You buy a token from the market, it’s now Unsellable. So you can trade it to your friend etc, but can’t resell it. This would fix so many other things like how buying materials and recipes from the market currently makes them untradable to friends or your own team-storage.

Sorry if it was already mentioned, it’s a large thread. :blush:

2 Likes

@STAFF_Letitia Can you close this thread please because really getting out of hand.There is so many flags going on and too much derailing.

Thank you

3 Likes

I’m thinking more of the average player. 3.5m a month isn’t much if you’re an active, high level, already decently geared player, but that doesn’t really represent the majority.

My impression is the GM’s semi translate, semi right the patch notes, it would be easy to miss something. Or they intentionally didn’t mention Tokens for whatever reason.

1 Like

Honestly, the only one derailing is @haukinyau1, as well all flags applies to him. There are still going on good discussions on most part of the topic.

But I’m fine with closing if other users feels like that.

1 Like

@haukinyau1, please let’s go back to topic: What are the real side-effects of limiting each account to buy only 3 Tokens on Market per month aside from preventing some players from buying and hoarding Tokens to never sell them?

Why not return to the old system where the tokens bought in the market became untradeable?, at that time inflation did not affect so much token prices and nobody tried to monopolize them either.

PS: In an annexed note they could implement a system for the forum in which only users with have active tokens in their game account linked to their forum account could post, this way we could get rid of those annoying ghosts that swarm the forums and from quite time they don´t play the game anymore.

2 Likes

1 Like

Now I am:

Honestly, it's too late for me and I'm sleepy. I'll edit this post later with some proper answer or not. Dunno.

2 Likes

i’m not sure but couldn’t they just set a max price on tokens ?

That is why I tried to sell some Pincers for a price close to the cheapest one (190k) and the system locked my prices at 140k.

No, it’s just plain and simple greed of some, or simple to annoy others, it came out of nowhere.

Doesn’t matter much tbh, this parasite-type behavior will soon spread across all the servers soon.

It’s already setup to 5mil. (And what’s with this name lol?)

Ah right, here is another poor new player who have to deal with more restrictions…

It already passed the time that IMC realized that this kind of crap doesn’t work, specially since they don’t even ban the botters account until they pick them at Lv 200+ after making their millions during their leveling.

1 Like

after reading a bit, wanted to make a forum account… best name i could come up with :innocent:

curious how high the price is gonne get… if anything anyone reading this will
be tempted to buy tokens

As I said before, I could buy TP to buy tokens, but I won’t, this game is not worth my money the way it is right now, there’s nothing worth to buy from TP shop except some few costumes, and if I want some nice costumes, I have to waste thousands of TP on a stupid RNG cube to exchange the crap I don’t want to be able to buy it from the exchange shop.

So no, my money will go to games that I find fun to play and have worth stuff to buy.