Tree of Savior Forum

Level 200+ Swordsman (Any Class) ... Are you doing well?

I’m a C3, Dragoon without Pelt… and am almost 270… Honestly you just got to, yourself, make the initiative of creating a group… it’s as simple as that. Don’t wait for people to pick you up just carry yourself and lead your group… it is true however that it’s not easy if you only rely on waiting to get invited…

1 Like

not everyone is suitable to lead. and not everyone is playing with friends. if it were that simple, nobody in this forum would ever try to voice out their opinion on the matter(that being the lack of damage when reaching 160-200+).

good one :slight_smile:

may I ask what kind of bug do they have? I am planning to become one

Balancing all classes will probably never happen anyway.

Well I would like to direct you to the subforum:

Btw, his clones are in mess and I think many of his skills are not working as intended. Sometimes my character freezing after the 2nd kunai shot and so on.

1 Like

I guess that works as well, but I doubt there won’t be any picky leavers in the party and this isn’t a proper long term balance/solution to the main issue. :sweat_smile:

My problem is some wizards are even tankier than swordsman while also dealing tons of damage. If Swordsman want to deal damage with survivability they have to invest in 3 stats, Str, Dex and Con, while wizards only need int and con, hence netting them more damage and surivability. A lot of other games have this same distribution yes, but not to the point that wizards are out tanking melees with a few con.

Im a corsair dragoon though so I dont have that. Im leaning towards helping in gvg rather than kill in straight up pvp

Way too much exaggeration in this thread. Swordsman dps aren’t bad. As a CCer, my best partner is actually a swordie and i feel he actually does more sustained damage than a typical wiz ele.

There is no way a con wiz has more damage than a swordie lol. A swordie has like 15k hp without investing much into con, while mage needs to invest almost 40% of stats points to reach that. Go re-roll and play a tanky wiz if you actually believe those 30k hp wiz do more damage than you.

What I have noticed is that they are way too many bad swordsman players out there. All brawn and brainless. They often do not work with their team and wants to hit monsters ASAP just because they are melee instead of taking an extra second or 2 to set up monsters into proper position for optimal splash damage dps.

There is no real need for a tank since monsters hit so hard late game. But we still need a somewhat tanky char frontline to tank some hits that CCs fail to catch. Other players also need to stop treating swordsman as a tank but a melee dpser and play around that.

Also do not mistaken swordsman as a underpowered class just because they can’t really solo high level mobs as a melee, ranged classes could probably do it but they are very inefficient. Swordies fulfil their role in a party just as good as other classes. I never had any thoughts of rejecting a swordie dpser in my party before.

Hello.

240+ swordsman here. Sw2-Hop2-Cor3. Without Peltasta due to being PvP-oriented. Was obviously a mistake in not taking Pelt1 due to PvE being the central part of the game atm, but I manage. Soloing Igti Coast for 3.2kk exp per hour and partying with friends when possible.

Hell yeah, I do dmg. But in a small hitbox before me (apart from Pistol Shot, which is amazing AoE by swordsman’s standards). When I party without linker, I realize I’m only useful for the Flag and 4-classes exp-bonus.

I really want Hoplite C3 on C8, if better options fail to emerge. Spear Throw shines with Geras Spear and a gem as a filler skill to live through the long CD’s.

Swordsman =/= tank and it’s not good to even suggest that.

We’re TANKIER because we go face to face and are not built to avoid damage using distance like the other classes. Would you expect a wizard to melee mobs and bosses with their HP? No? Then why is it weird that swordsmen need more HP? It does not mean it’s there so they can tank.

There’s a REASON there are different routes swordmen can take. Barbs, dragoons et al. are meant to be DPS classes. Peltastas and rodeleros are meant to tank. They have skills that make it clear what they’re meant to be doing. Right now, the actual problem is that the class skills aren’t strong enough to allow people to do their job… not that swordmen are designed to tank.

5 Likes

I dunno about that, a wizard with 400+ int will deal more damage than a swordsman with 200+ str and dex. if both guys will out their remaining stat into con they will have roughly the same HP. try it at lvl 300 and compare.

well apparently some say are DPS arent bad and that were just all brawn and brainless or something.

Swordsman is more to durable than a tank. Just because you have lotsa HP doesn’t mean you can tank, especially taking a load of magic damage slapped to your face. Isn’t tank supposed to have high defense in both physical and magical to say the least?

Problem is, we are ‘forced’ to take Pelt to become somewhat useful later on, perhaps, that’s the only thing we are good and generalized for in game. Those who don’t take this circle would probably be labeled as peasants.

Level 234 Hop C3 Dragoon here.

I’ve found that I deal decent sustained damage in parties, but the precise positioning of both my character and mob packs required for my skills to be effective gets annoying at times. This seems to contribute to a higher skill ceiling for the swordsman class, since I rarely if ever notice any other DPS class pay this much attention to such gameplay mechanics.

This extra attention to positioning can be quite rewarding in party play though, due to the fact that as the default tank/aggro magnet, I am able to ensure that the mobs are kept in a tight group so other damage-dealers in the party can get the most out of their abilities (think monks with DP/Blast, fellow swordsmen). I feel that this aspect of party play is often under-appreciated, and can really speed up the grinding/dungeon clearing process.

Team name: Rokas
Server: Telsiai

Those guys are usually playing another class or a build that has nothing to lose. You’ve probably noticed that it’s swordsmen like Lharz (who plays a tank) that swear everything is OK because it doesn’t affect their gameplay if they can’t compete with other classes DPS-wise. They can have mid-low range DPS and it doesn’t matter because that’s not their job in a party.

You must have noticed how many high level people are saying the same thing. It’s not because nobody who picks a DPS swordsman knows how to use their class, or because they’ve suddenly forgotten everything after 200+ levels. The class just needs a buff/un-nerf.

[quote=“MadHatter, post:58, topic:210928, full:true”]Problem is, we are ‘forced’ to take Pelt to become somewhat useful later on, perhaps, that’s the only thing we are good and generalized for in game. Those who don’t take this circle would probably be labeled as peasants.
[/quote]

Nobody should have to take a class and abandon their preferred playstyle just because other people can’t be arsed to round up mobs by themselves.

2 Likes

What Hallow said, no one should abandon their play style for the sake of something broken in a game and needs to be quickly addressed. Swordsman needs an overhaul and there is no word from IMC. I’m already feeling the pain at level 210+ … :confused: … I’ve geared my self with Glass Bracelets with 2+ and additional Defense bonuses from hair equipment and I have Knight gear. My damage is alright, but the mobs health is becoming ridiculous at the moment. And some of the mobs hit very very hard.

One Archer passed me and hit a mob for freaking 35K damage with one hit … I have to use 3 abilities on a mob that takes additional damage from slashing in order to hit them for 11-12K … I don’t know what to say man. The Archer was 4 levels below me, too.

1 Like

Rodelero isn’t a tank class, common misconception.
It’s an attack class (this is also how it is defined in Korea by the devs) that utilizes Crowd Control to lockdown enemies while its killing them in a similar vein as Cyromancer or even QS. Its theme is using the Shield as a weapon instead of merely a defensive tool. Peltasta is a unique beast in its defensive focus. Quarrel shooter comes close except Pavise can be pretty garbage at times.

That was sarcasm on my part =D, I do believe what you are saying.

1 Like