Tree of Savior Forum

Leticia's Secret Cube Item List: Updated May 23

LMAO! :joy:

/20characters

Thatā€™s true in a way. And well, if it makes the prices go lower by a huge margin. Could be good for the players.

1 Like

Please show me where to get lvl 9 and 10 abrasives, as well as diamond anvils.

4 Likes

ok , Where do you get nv 9 , 10 gem abransive ?

RIP tos

4 Likes

Inb4 they reply the same way they did with anti dark bracelet recipe, or whatever the item was with ā€œWe cannot tell you regarding the content issue ā€¦ but yes it is rare.ā€ again.

The chance for you to get any items from rank A is just 0.03. To get something you want (lv10 abrasive / practonium) thatā€™s like 0.4*0.03 = 0.012 chance to get them. If you only wanted one item from rank A it would be less ā€“ 0.006.

Lets assume that 8,000 players are super rich and bought 1,000 cubes per player. That will be 8,000,000 cubes.

0.006*8,000,000 = 48,000 of whatever rank A items that they get.

And that was with the assumption that all players bought 1,000 cube (with a total of 8mil cubes bought).

!!!
This is just a simple calculation im doing before going to sleep. My stance on this cube is neutral.

All these ragequit seems ridiculous to me.

And no, IMC didnā€™t pay me. Plz no h8

1 Like

4000 More players logging in aaaaaaaaaaand THEYā€™RE GONE

1 Like

Geez Wolfy, first sensible comment Iā€™ve read here. People do tend to forget many players are working adults and canā€™t simply play 10+ hours every day to ā€œstay competitiveā€. Really canā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with adding convenient cash ways to grab stuff whichā€™s already available ingame.

Sure, we canā€™t find (not that I know) diamond anvils, those super high level gems and boss cards box. But we have access to normal + gold anvils, then itā€™s a matter of luck how far you can go on enhancing. For boss cards we gotta camp/quee and kil them.

The abrasives are really the only hardly comparable part, as it takes a lot of effort to level gems in game (IMO itā€™s not even that worth the effort to go past 7), and now itā€™ll be made easier with cash shop items. So yeah, I suppose the ingame gem leveling methods needs addressing, not the TP shop thingies per se.

1 Like

Iā€™ve wait 1 year guys for you to fix the lag, I can bear the bugs, disconnections, not getting a cube or a drop, fighting DPK and RNG at the same time with the new hunting grounds but the lag???.. I can bear this no more, and now youā€™ve thrown a Pay to Win thing we hoped would never comeā€¦ Iā€™m done with TOS for now, I will hope for a better future but for now Iā€™m out of this game, good luck with the future content and I hope in a not too distant future I can come back and then youā€™ve fixed the lagā€¦

1 Like

So much ignorance on this thread, oh lord. First off, you donā€™t even know the exp rates from lvl 9 and 10 gem abrasives, second, the chances are low, and third and most important, players have been ā€œlegit cheatingā€ for more than a year with afk necroā€™s getting lvl 8-9 gems like it was nothing. I still have a screenshot of a guy with a lvl 9 gem (almost 10) after a month of game release, just by botting 5+ chars on 2nd demon prison, this was a year ago. And you guys think, this cube is going to ā€œbreakā€ the game, like are you kidding me? Thereā€™s not even a GvG system, a real one, not a sh*tty GBL on this game, whatā€™s going to break a player with lvl 10 gems, after a damage formula rework, including crit rate rework, NOTHING. At most iā€™d say Diamond anvil, but knowing how the RNG system works, it wont grant you a +25 weapon just for using it.

So now that everyone has a chance to ā€œcatch upā€ those RMT players that i wonā€™t name, you guys start a riot. You know whatā€™s even funnier, that on this thread, iā€™ve seen quite a few RMT players complaining about this cube just because they donā€™t want average players to catch them up.

Interesting.

Ohh just FYI, this is from a player i caught showing off on the forums a year ago.

I

Edit: Forgot to mention the mass interaction with the chest on Uphill to get multiple gem abrasives lvl 2. That some players abused for months.

2 Likes

Haha, desperate whiteknights like yurichalps or Klaivius are hilarious.

Me, I rather play a game that respects my time, and is enjoyable without the choice of either a)paying up or b)spending hundreds of hours.

See, in a well designed game, thereā€™s option c) - play the game reasonably. Originally, the hunting grounds seemed to be exactly that. The actual DPK they run by ruins that, just to sell this cube.

So yes, by all means cry that reasonable people quit over it and play games that respect their time and wallet instead :slight_smile:

Why are you whiteknights always so stupid about this?

Here is how a catch up mechanism should look like:

1. the game makes more weapons and gear available to people that spend less time in the game
  2. This is done by, for example, making practonium an auto get after a couple uses, making the DPK for hunting ground items actually reasonable, and making practonium, ingredients actually reasonable to farm (with, say, a DPK of 50-100)

Here is how it doesnā€™t look like:

1. Sell it

Apparently, people like NotVau are so used to being fleeced that it doesnā€™t even occur to them that design can be improved on a gameplay level, without requiring payments!

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget that itā€™s 70% for any item in that section.

So, after the 3%, thereā€™s also nly a 20% chance of getting a practo.

This ends up meaning that there is a 99.4% chance of NOT getting a Practonium.

Itā€™s more cost effective for people to buy costumes and purchase Practonium being sold by other players. Costumes are more p2w than the Pract in this cube.

Itā€™s also probably more cost effective to buy gems from other players rather than try to get one of these abrasives too.

Honestly. When you look at this cube and look at the existing values of costumes vs silver value of items, this cube looks like a cash grab for idiots that canā€™t do math. You get way more by buying and selling a costume, without any risk involved at all. The people that buy this cube instead of buying and selling a costume donā€™t realise there are better existing options if they want to p2w.

1 Like

Hi IMC,

I want to say congratulation on the recent influx of players. The last few events were well thought out. Now, I will like to remind us that the reason why the player base dropped [NO MONEY] was that your company failed to listen to player feedback until it is too late. In efforts to make money, which I know is necessary, there have been implementations of things that no one wants.

This new item may bring in some money for a few months, but it is, again, at the expense of your player base. In other words, you are setting up yourself and this game to fail [NOMONEY] by pushing out something so blatantly p2w.

It is very easy to ignore these forum posts and go silent. But next time you ask for ā€œplayer feedback to improve this game,ā€ I will make sure to have you answer for this implementation.

This is getting old.

1 Like

What about the abrasives and diamond anvils?

2 Likes

The 10 abrasive is probably very close in silver value vs exp gained, it would need calculating carefully, canā€™t be sure and there isnā€™t a quick way to run the numbers without taking some notes from the market.

I wonā€™t justify or argue over the anvil. I hate it. Itā€™s the part of this cube everyone SHOULD be complaining about as there are weapon upgrade levels that will be impossible to reach without it.

The rest of the cube is pretty much a trap for gamblers and bad math. Those anvils however will split the item levels that people can reach between those that can pay really really silly money to get one and those who can not. It doesnā€™t help that anvil upgrades are now extremely valuable due to the rework that makes weapon strength the most important part of dps.

1 Like

That is literally my definition of ā€œpay to win.ā€

4 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri You guys need to lower even more the chance to drop the Practonium and Rank A items from this box. 3% is too much.

I know I likely donā€™t have a lot of new things to add to the discussion, but Iā€™d just like to add my voice to all those other veteran players who are incredibly disappointed by the implementation of Leticiaā€™s Secret Cube in iToS. As a player whoā€™s been around since beta, who stuck with the game until now despite the blatant mismanagement and countless bugs, who bought TP to support the game despite its unpolished state and who - until now - believed that eventually IMC would learn from past mistakes, this feels like a slap in the face, especially since itā€™s coming right on the heels of the combat rework which was one of the best things to happen to the game in a long time even though it still feels unfinished. And now you follow it up with this?! The community has been very clear in their stance on this particular cube (and in fact on any gacha) for months now, yet you chose not to listen. How long will it take Asian publishers to learn that there are fundamental differences between Asian and Western gaming culture? How long until you get that while this might not have had a negative effect on other regional versions of this game, it does not mean it wonā€™t for iToS? Why constantly ask for feedback when you ignore it anyway?

I know chances to actually get a practonium (or any of the other really valuable items) are quite low but thatā€™s not the point. The point Iā€™d like to make is that the implementation of this cube sends the wrong signals about the game iToS is trying to be and I am 100% certain that while a lot of people will buy this thing there are just as many who will now not even bother to try the game or give up on it when they were just getting started.

Iā€™m not going to quit ToS in a fit of rage, but I feel Iā€™ve been disappointed one too many times and will likely not spend any money on this game in the future.

8 Likes

Well, nothing more to add I believe.

ITOS

2016 - 2017.

Was fun for a while, but everythings comes to an end, and in this case, P2W did it.

2 Likes

Why are you guys doing this? Isnā€™t the income good enough? Path of Exile is a free to play game surviving for more than 3 years without any P2W item, just cosmetics and appearance.

2 Likes