Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

If you take the suggestions on this thread to run your next art event, It’ll go well.

1. Exclusive forum section for art events (lock thread after event is over)
  2. Consolation prizes for selected entries.
  3. Judges’ insight on why winning pieces are selected.
  4. Judging week, where previous winners are selected to be guest judges alongside with staff judges, given a time grace of one week to select winning pieces.
  5. Do several prizes, popular votes, judges choice, guest judges choices etc.
  6. No previous winners from the past 1 art event are allowed to win again
10 Likes

your attitude corrodes any point you might try to make, I recommend a change for the better instead of trying to be worse…

i cant handle your whiteknightery, it’s too powerful.

1 Like

This would definitely make this progress better. Thank you :smiley:

am a ditto a pink and I prefer the maid…

get your stuff together before you fall appart

is there a way to global mute someone on the forums?

All of this. Though tbh, I don’t agree with no repeat wins. If someone deserves to win, they deserve to win. Moreso, as time goes on, the number of artists willing to participate will probably decrease which could cause problems with that rule intact.

Maybe be stricter on repeats? Kind of not a solid checker though heh.

2 Likes

Lastly, let’s say this is a cooking competition.

can we actually won a cooking contest with a horribly-made food?
can we actually won a cooking contest with just my effort alone? set aside our skills.
do we need ‘luck’ to won a contest?

Think.

1 Like

So a good judging process require you to select winner by randomness?
I admit that each judge has his/her own taste, but there should not be a randomness issue if you want to select winner even if it is tough.
As said by someone earlier, if you want randomness then just be completely random. This makes many artist demotivated because their artwork was struck out by grace of unfair RNG

4 Likes

I agree with Darumy. And thank you IMC! there’s some artists who did well but seems like some “people” are being plain rude. Everyone deserved to win seriously but at the same time, there’s more chance to win again for another fan art contest. I do wish those with most like who didn’t win deserve a small prize?

yes, you can do it in your settings at the bottom, but it doesn’t block the text like ignore does…

hopefully ignore function get implemented and I would use it on you that’s for sure :smirk:

@Darumy that’s where the dilemma comes in…

what is the fair move…

I think the voluntary judge entry would work cause it gives the choice for both scenarios, where the artist itself decides not to repeat…

1 Like

That was to eliminate the voter’s personal favorites. It’s not selecting the 10± from beginning, After the debatable, or problematic - too much maturish etc.
And even after that, they are a lot of Arts are left. from there we use random to eliminate our perosonal favorites to choose 10±.

wow popular vote pollr that’s such a great idea! have imc pick 5 and the other 5 we should do players vote :slight_smile:

stop you make the entire forums cringe each time you post

Yes, and with this Thread I hope to find more improvements for next one.

2 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri just to clarify besides in game Sprites, Screenshots and Materials, is it also Legal to trace over and/or re-render Official Art (such as Maggi’s art)?

Obviously yes since thats how we got ourselves a winner.

3 Likes

Give me a minute, Let me check about it.

I would go with, only if the person allows it…

in this case maggie…

kind of like copyrights/ plagiarism

1 Like

is this nursery? we can trace now? lol

1 Like