Tree of Savior Forum

Let us discuss the "Fan Art Event"

am not ass-hole am a ditto am cute ok

Agreed, We must get rid of Any Forgery, Theft.
We simply cannot allow that

4 Likes

It snapped long ago when they first announced a 3 month early access

1 Like

Truth be told that I actually put some effort into this image literally within an hour of the art event being posted. I even wrote a legit little story about how I felt and there was over 15 different non hue likes on the post too. The entry got deleted the next day by one of the staff because obviously this isnā€™t a positive message but I still put my heart into it. A lot of irony now that thereā€™s drama over selected prize winners and such response from the staff about -this- of all things.

If a voting system was implemented an image like this could be popular but the staff or others would never approve. In my honest opinion they should just scrap this because nobody wins here just like giving out TP for GvG which was the dumbest thing Iā€™ve ever seen. When thereā€™s a winner or loser in some way shape or form it becomes a competition and that just always brings out the worst of people.

Festival, contest, what ever you want to call it thereā€™s people being selected for something and not every image will be added as a loading screen. So I suggest if youā€™re not going to accept every image as a load screen or give everyone the same recognition itā€™s best to just not make special hand picked events. That way nobody wins or loses and can be happy, sad, glad, mad or what ever about entries and contests.

Love you too IMC </3 people need to see the image to understand the post and why itā€™s such a bad idea? Holy moly.

4 Likes

6 Likes

How a shitty day to be an artist, eh? To know now that the winners were chosen randomly, jeez, a stab on the back, directly on the heart - I would say. If the next contests continue to be as they are now, iā€™m simply not participating again. Such a waste of time

6 Likes

I feel youā€¦
/20feels

1 Like

Hhhhmmmmā€¦ this is a very controversial topic. I would just like to say what i have in mind while i am waiting for the gohei at Uskis Arable Land to glow (screw all of these quests, by the way)

I came from other games which also have a good amount of fan art.

First would be RO. I think we all know how much fan art RO has. In the official version of RO i played, we also had events like this, but sadly i canā€™t remember much since that was long ago. Though i think it would be good to point that we actually had official game guide books for the game, and those contained RO art, including fan made ones. Those who contributed probably got paid or acknowledged.

Next would be Dragon Nest. We actually have many talented artists here. Commissions are officially allowed. But, even with the sheer amount of artists, we only had few fan art events and all of them were proved to be a hot topic just like this.
One i remember (note that iā€™m not very active that time) is that artists were to design a costume and that costume was supposed to be implemented in-game. Guess what? It never happened. BUT a similar looking costume who was made by an ā€œofficialā€ costume artist of DN was later introduced. THO there was some clause that said DN can use the art or something. (I just remembered, RO had a headgear design contest, friend of mine won, design got implemented)

Second fan art i remembered was a loading screen design contest (only one winner LMAO). The first rage of the players was that the prize was too low. Then they increased the prize by like, 3 times the original. An artist i really admire submitted his work, and i was actually rooting for it, but it didnā€™t won. Why? It was because he didnā€™t stick to the theme. This is very similar to what we have here. Some of the arts presented were very good but if you come to think of it, it really didnā€™t stick to the theme. Probably, one of the criterion was to physically include valentine things like chocolates and hearts, which some of the art lacked. Tho it is highly possible that it was assumed to be subtle (like, the art with lovers, well, they are lovers, implied, but still didnā€™t include chocolatesā€¦ yep thatā€™s how important chocolates are). Itā€™s like joining Ms. Universe and youā€™re obviously the most beautiful but you didnā€™t answer the QandA portion correctly (or more precisely, the answer wasnā€™t what the judges had in mind)

Anyway, as to TOS

Prize amount - canā€™t really much comment on this. If we go by country, rates are probably different. Are there artists here whose primary purpose is to gain TP from this event?

• i donā€™t know what to properly call this * - Just wanna say both the artists and the game benefits from this. The game gets free advertisement. The artist gets recognition.

Voting - kinda mixed reaction on how to do this. If we include forumersā€™ choice, you can just bribe people who have multiple accounts (you guys know who you are) and youā€™re halfway thru winning. Iā€™ve also seen forumer-hosted events who relied on forum ā€˜likesā€™ to get the winning candidates. It was ugly and desperate.

Plagiarism - i think the meaning of ā€˜referenceā€™ is relative. That art copied from DN was a shameless (ding ding) example. Just FYI, the hairstyle of the loli is actually one of the default hairstyle in DN

5 Likes