Tree of Savior Forum

[Legacy Guide] [Outdated after Re:BUILD patch] Hackapell & Rogue Class Lounge

You are QS3 rogue3 Hackapell, right?
I recommend a sword off-hand since you cannot use pistol to hackapell sword-skill + rogue backstab. You may keep 1 pistol off-hand if you really would like to use the hackapell pistol skill.

in on the way but now only qs3 rogue 2 i have manamana karacha set trinity and i will get the didel grand cross but i dont know what enace first or deal more priority

Since QS3 - Rogue2 has a single damage %enhance attribute, it is a cheap to skill combo. If you like backstab, you should get some %enhance into backstab.

You should keep karacha set on weapon swap to use backstab.
Using Grand cross + manamana => more running shot damage.

You should aim to get didel grand cross + prepare money for a sword for when you reach r8 hackapell. So save money for those equips.

edit: if you wish to spend money now, you could have a look at Werewolf cards

Since your main skill is QS3 running shot:

1. Didel grand cross (at least +5 upgrade) + prepare sword for hackapell
  2. Manahas Set (is a better cafrisun set) & Werewolf card if possible
  3. Hackapell enhance attributes

Im using +10 didel and magas sword. Just wondering at 315 is it better to upgrade sword first or the x bow. Also does the crit attack from off hand apply to the x bow like manamana did with elemental damage?

If a bonus stat shows on your stat window (F1), it will apply to all skills.
Crit attack bonus stat off-hand will apply to your attacks.

with only 8 card slot, i dont know which card to prioritize for STR rogue.
i already used spectre monarch, throneweaver and 1 werewolf.
I have harpeia, salamander, ellas, mummyghast ready in inventory.
The most direct feedback that i can get is by using ellas. But SP restore card is very good too eventhough it is very situational. If i have all 6 elemental SP restore cards, it leaves 4 slot of werewolves card at rank 10.
Please advise, sire!

Are you a scout3 rogue? iDreamy build right?
If you are high STR, you could
A. get werewolf card + rely on sneak hit buff (more expensive)
B. (if possible to reach sufficient crit rate), get ellaganos card + rely on swift step buff vs mobs. Only rely on sneak hit vs bosses (easy to get behind). (cheaper but not optimal)

So: keep spectre monarch, and keep throneweaver.

->fill with werewolf (and continue to stat STR)
or
->fill with ellaganos (but you will become str/dex hybrid with archer2 swift step buff — kind of conflict with sneak hit buff, if you are okay with that)

So I just wondering if A2QS3 is a viable base for a Hackapell? At first I was thinking of making a musketeer but some of the Hackapeel skills look pretty interesting.

Hackapell sword skills are stronger if enemies have arrow stacks.
A2 QS3 is able to very quickly stack [missile] on single-targets through Running shot.
However it will lack AoE stacking.

You have 2 ranks between A2QS3 -x-x- Hackapell. Would you like more single-target or AoE focus for PvE?’

An option to AoE [missile] stack is to include falcon1 into your build to use circling+multishot, into —> circling+sword skills/cavalry charge. (hawk skills are usable on mount now)

Going falcon1 means you will rely on circling CD to AoE unless you have a nice teamcomp. Falcon pet will take 1 Character lodge slot, and sometimes it has a big skill-delay/acts buggy (is AI problem in this game).

Example:

This build is A2QS3 Falcon1 Musket1 Hackapell. Reason for musket 1 => he was already musket1 before rank8 was released.

Falconer sounds like it could work but for PvE I’ll take a more single target focus. Being able to gun down a target was one of the reasons I took QS3.

1 Like

To focus on running shot, you need to either find
classes which buff it (for example archer kneeling shot/rogue sneak hit),
or classes with short animation skills/low interrupt-time
or classes with cooldowns which match your running shot down-time.

Single-target option which does not interrupt your running shot : Wugushi2

Text on wugushi <<Click here

You will have to dismount & remount if you use Gu Pot though.

Moreover poison cannot crit, but it will ignore all enemy defences once the DoT ticks. It is strong vs Earth enemies ( a lot of rank 8 mobs are earth), and weak vs poison element enemies.

Poison damage is boosted by STR (physical attack), weapon damage (physical attack), elemental attack bonuses (apply to each DoT tick).

(flaw) the %enhance wugushi attribute only adds skill base damage (so a level 15 needle blow enhance will add more damage than a lvl 10 needle blow enhance, for example).

Advantage: apply poison (short animation) ===> continue running shot.
Does not have a required weapon-stance.
You will get a decent AoE DoT through Throw Gu Pot & wugong gu too. Poison DoT ignores defence. Poison stronger vs Earth type mobs.
Synergy with archer fulldraw on 2 mobs -> poison both.
Synergy with luring mobs with pavise/caltrops -> throw gu pot.
Gu pot has unlimited AoE DoT (does not use AoE attack ratio).
Most higher lvl grind parties will enjoy members with at least 1 AoE skill. Wugu poison is especially strong with Linker, linker attribute on Joint penalty -> increase poison damage on linked mobs.

Drawback: High CD on DoT skills.
No crits on poison. Weaker vs poison element mobs. Wugu2 poisons are weaker than wugu3 poisons.
You will have to collect materials for your poison pot, or buy the material from the wugushi master NPC (cannot use skills if pot is empty, so keep an eye on your resources).
Gu Pot canNOT hit flying enemies.

Do you like wugushi?

Wugushi was actually one of the classes I was considering. At first I was worried I’d be killing enemies so fast that the DoT would have little effect. But after seeing some of the higher level monsters on my other characters, Wugushi seems like a good option. Plus I really like using classes with poisons and status effects.

@greyhiem & everyone else - wanted to know your opinion on this: which of the following builds do you think is better all-around (PVP, PVE, WB — I’ve included my thoughts on each build as well):

1. A2 QS3 Fletch2 Hacka - High DEX build w/ red gems stack (and pAtk gear). Higher evasion for survivality. High crit chance = high burst w/ Hacka skills and better AAing w/ Running Shot. Average Fletcher DPS. Multishot as filler for Running Shot downtime. Has Heavy Shot for PVP. -55% def debuff for lv.10 Bodkin.

2. A1 QS3 Fletch3 Hacka - High STR build w/ green gems stack (and crit rate gear) or go red gems stack (and pAtk gear) for raw non-crit damage. Low evasion - could get staggered or knocked down more often (bane in PVP especially). Better WBing capability overall w/ higher level Fletcher skills. Can use Crossfire/Barbed as filler for Running Shot downtime. -80% def debuff for lv.15 Bodkin.

I’d like to be able to use this mostly for PVP and WB, and hunting stuff/mats every now and then.

I’ve currently rolled an A2 QS3 so far but am willing to roll another for build #2 if necessary. I can only level one at a time due to limited playtime unfortunately so doing both at the same time isn’t possible.

If you want to use Hackapelle skills you better go ranger or archer+falconer somewhere on build.

QS just makes you a glorified single target killer

Fletcher 3 would win by default between the 2 build If you build high dex. You gain DMA and 10 more ticks to the MA. A2 is nice but with the new gems buff its better to go high dex so crit rate can easily be accomplish. Still 25 ticks would win without a doubt.

A1-QS3-Wugu3-Hacka1 here.
I highly enjoy and can recommend this build :slight_smile: Though it’s really hard to stay alive °°
(Note that here Hacka is more a “bonus” to the previous ranks rather than the core of the build.)

2 Likes

If you go Fletcher you’ll barely use Hackappel skills,that’s the problem

These fletcher builds only get hacka for attributes

Oh really? Do you own a Fletcher-Hacka though?

If it really is then too bad, I am an A1-R3-Fl3 going Hacka. :frowning:

Hackapell has a serious problem with getting gear to use hacka skills.

You’ll always better getting a good crossbow before a good sword, that renders your Hacka skills worst than your R7- stuff

Well that is because of the gear is not yet ready, that does not mean hacka is bad as a fletcher, or is it really bad?