Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

I just cant think of another scenario where players all said the exact same thing “we want less RNG based gear progression” and the developers insisted on only adding more RNG based gear progression.

The layers of RNG we have now are even greater then the Hindenburg Maple Story 2. Somehow though the player base or to be more accurate a very small percentage of it has been able to keep this thing in the air for 4 years with their financial support.

They decreased the likelihood of getting Archstones in KR, but made Archstone fragments significantly more common. This made them cheaper and also more consistent for you to obtain. This is much less RNG.

On top of that, the new alternative route for making Karaliene requires the garments from Tel Harsha, which have zero RNG on their drop; they always drop in the same amounts based on the difficulty you defeat him on. The new accessories require these and silver, so there’s zero RNG on getting these accessories, it just takes 4.5 - 6 months of killing him.

In addition, the new legend gear requires Brikynite, which drops in set amounts of fragments from every clear of Split Singularity based on the stage you clear (no RNG on the drop), and Magic Stones, which you obtain from WBR every week with no RNG. The glacier set also requires Glacier Hearts, which, again, no RNG on the drop.

They definitely listened and made adjustments.

2 Likes

Do you mean for Incomplete Karaliene or the full Karaliene?

That part is for the Luciferi accessories. The incomplete Karaliene and full Karaliene take significantly less garments and significantly less time.

For those, it will just depend on what difficulty you can defeat him on.

Incomplete Karaliene Necklace
+10 Moringponia Necklace
+10 Drakonas/Carnas Necklace
Violetin Crystal x1
Smoldering Garment of Tel Harsha x16

Incomplete Karaliene Bracelet
+10 Moringponia Bracelet
+10 Drakonas/Carnas Bracelet
Violetin Crystal Shard x1
Smoldering Garment of Tel Harsha x8

Karaliene Necklace
Incomplete Karaliene Necklace
Violetin Crystal x1
Smoldering Garment of Tel Harsha x32

Karaliene Bracelet
Incomplete Karaliene Bracelet
Violetin Crystal Shard x1
Smoldering Garment of Tel Harsha x16

Difficulty 1-2: Garment x1
Difficulty 3-4: Garment x2
Difficulty 5-6: Garment x3
Difficulty 7: Garment x4

If you can defeat him on difficulty 7, you’ll get 4 garments. You can defeat him 4 times per week, so you can make two incomplete bracelets in one week, and then the necklace the next week. The full Karaliene would be 1 bracelet per week, and then two weeks for the necklace.

From there, you just have to extend time based on what difficulty you lower it to.

That is indeed so much better.

I know that the general consensus is that IMC is awful at almost everything. But you really have to commend them on this one.

Of course you still need the other materials listed, which does include Archstone fragments, but with the drop rate of them being much higher, it should be a more consistent progress with less RNG. They’re also going to drop from the new Split Singularity content, which is going to be very popular since it is essentially “Challenge Mode: Hard”, so we’ll be seeing more of them on sale at lower prices.

How about BG ? is there any event that give more BG like FLEX that make mystical page cheaper, art enchantment need so many BG and now is so expensive and hard to get

Yesterday i saw youtuber fighting looks hard, if we choose the easiest route need a year??
No offense

I saw that old man so hard to kill

We don’t really know yet, they typically adjust balance before applying to the live server. The only video I’ve seen is Bong and he ignored all of the mechanics. It has a lot of difficulty options, we’ll see.

I think the most consistent source of Blessed Shards & Gems is still going to be Challenge Mode, alongside the new Split Singularity version. Running your level 400 dungeons (faster with multiply tokens) also gives you a fair amount.

As for tome pages, they’re lowering the number of raid runs on Velcoffer and Earth Tower down to 1 per week but increasing the drop rate of items, so it should be run by more people and thus result in more tome pages. I think the best source of them at the moment is Goddesses’ Grace, and in turn, the market.

Bro, bot will laugh on 100m price, kill the bot is the best way and make vaivora change type maybe cost 100m silver thats ok, so the vaivora price maximum different 100m for each type
Let supply and demand work the price,

i think they btr make rng jackpot chance is increase when 15-19th run. becuz some ppl run 50-100 run alrdy and nvr get any jackpot.

b-llsht

2 Likes

While I don’t understand why someone will flag your posts, I still don’t agree with you there. If some people do have the buying power to “control” market right now, I can’t imagine what they can do if the limit becomes 100m.

I don’t know what to suggest anymore, IMC screwed up already not sure if they can even offer a fix for it.

I see players quitting every week though. Fact. The game is too time consuming and farm-centric most of the time there is no more FUN in the game tbh.

6 Likes

You want a balanced market economy? Copy Black Desert market system wherein there is a max and minimum price limit in all items including cash shop items. Players can hoard all the silver they want but no one can ever control the market system that way. Most of Black Desert’s system has been successful so far and I don’t understand why KIM/IMC could not copy it just like the enhancing system, etc.

4 Likes

Funny how there’s actually a min and max limit on selling items but with the power of token you bypass it all

hmm, even if whale want to hoard all the 100m item, they still cant sold over 100m, so it will be pointless to them and no more monopoly, i guess?

1 Like

The possibility of being ridiculously wrong never stopped me from saying stuff, but this time i’ll admit it upfront (as i may be off by way of a larger margin).

As someone that has been around since the game started, what i see as the real cause for the economy to be that out of rails is the way IMC lose control over the game silver sinks and promoted a gameplay loop that generated too much silver too quickly. Basically, challenge mode allowed players to gain too much stuff too fast and things just ramped because of how convenient it was, yet silver sink elements weren’t attractive enough or as present to make up for the new influx. Then, by assigning most of the power to equipment it would be natural for the value of silver to increase in the same scale. It also doesn’t help that attributes points (as the safe silver sink component) are given away for free all time and how troublesome is to get multiple copies of the same equipment to try out anvil enhancement (ignoring how the cost scales as well…). The latest “attempt” to add a silver sink was the new gambling event that, being one of the few ways to obtain archstone for quite a while, resulted in more chaos as it hard sets the item price in proportion to the silver consumed.

And yes, bots do a lot to make the problem worse, but, assuming they price it in proportion to the economy, they could also make more money farming the same amount of silver if the numbers were lower.

Silver is just so big of a thing because too much value is attached to it and it reached big numbers. We need more satisfying ways to burn silver and less associated value for it to deflate, but then again, it requires too many changes from what IMC would be willing to do/try.

The can’t work. If IMC did that players would just transition out of market and do personal trades in items/equipment instead, which just makes it more bothersome. You can limit the price of an item but not its value, price and value are not the same thing.

6 Likes

Exactly, No player can ever monopolize OP items in the market that way, a RNG bidding system will be put in place if only 1 item shows up and lot of players would want to buy it. Silver should not decide on buying items in the market. IMC could just put hundreds of silvers to sink in 100% enhancing system and no more RNG systems. How many years is TOS now and have you ever seen a +40 weapon, sub weapon or armor before?

hmm, they can do personal trade too, but not for long, because if archstone is worth 100m, then archstone fragment will worth 1/10 of it, then BG practo tomepage nucle will worth cheaper too. Newest trader will do personal trade according to the latest market price of BG, old player will be forced to acknowledge newly cheaper price agreed by population sooner or later, dont you think?
and the notion of 3billion silver karaliene will be brought down by this too

1 Like

You are correct, that is why IMC removed the silver drops in normal fields and HGs, The game will become an instanced/dungeon based since we will all rely on CM and CM hard/singularity runs daily. Removing the silver drop was like IMC’s last resort to solve the bot infestation in the game for many years.

hmm, i think i know why dev wont limit market price. The notion of “3b silver karaliene set” giving them longer time to develop content than “500m silver karaliene set”.
Why should dev develop content faster if they can buy time and get profit simultanously by simply give new objective to player with uncontrolable hyper inflated price to claim them?